Answered Is my lead in the wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story long, i've been a DBO of consumables since 2018 up until right now, corona hits i take 2 weeks off bc doctor quarantined me, later on get a negative covid antibody test so take 30 days for vulnerable leave, upon returning i'm not in consumables anymore and theyve removed me from owning any area in consumables, still to this day have not mentioned this to me, then cut my hours in half and put someone new in consumables, the problem however is, i was informed by my peers that i was removed as a DBO because of my "attendance" which has never been mentioned to me, went to look at my attendance and ive only called out once this year and have not been shown as late either, Aside from me finding it really disrespectful for a lead to tell my coworkers about my work performance as it is nobodys business but my own, i find it very odd that it is an issue yet it has never been mentioned to me. Feels shady lmao, thanks in advance if anybody reads this.

Someone had to do your job while you were at home for 6 weeks. That time period was very hard on the TMs who worked through it. It was like Black Friday every freaking day with the threat of the virus on top of that. Some TMs worked their asses off and showed that they were great at handling what was thrown at them. In your case, the thing that was thrown at them was your job. Maybe they rocked it. Things changed at Target while you were gone. Imagine if you took Thanksgiving to Christmas off. Would you expect to be where you were before?

Someone had to do your job while you were at home for 6 weeks. That time period was very hard on the TMs who worked through it. It was like Black Friday every freaking day with the threat of the virus on top of that. Some TMs worked their asses off and showed that they were great at handling what was thrown at them. In your case, the thing that was thrown at them was your job. Maybe they rocked it. Things changed at Target while you were gone. Imagine if you took Thanksgiving to Christmas off. Would you expect to be where you were before?
no i just expect my lead to not discuss my work performance with my peers as that seems inappropriate and not their business, also I took my LOA well after the rest of the team so i did work the worst of it lol.

no i just expect my lead to not discuss my work performance with my peers as that seems inappropriate and not their business, also I took my LOA well after the rest of the team so i did work the worst of it lol.
also untrue as an LOA isnt an attendance issue so it feels like hes lying to my peers about me, and for what? very weird thing to do and again not their business.

My issue is not with me being removed from DBO my issue is he feels the need to tell everyone but me about it and tell people that its due to my poor attendance.

If you were a good DBO before your leave then that sucks because it smacks of retaliation. I am very lucky in that my leaders are decent human beings and have not taken "revenge" on those that took LOAs. These are crazy times. I give credit to those that stuck it out but those that felt unsafe had the right to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Sorry that happened to you. You’re right, your TL is being disrespectful to you by telling other TMs why you were removed as a DBO. It is part of your TL’s job is to maintain confidentiality regarding this type of information. Instead of discussing your business with everyone else, your TL should have mustered the courage to tell you why you were removed instead of leaving you to find out over the grapevine. Seems that retaliation against those who take leaves, even medical leaves, is not unknown at Spot, unfortunately.

One thing is true. The way work is getting done has Changed a lot since this coronavirus hit. If your TL is not talking anything about what happened in your absence , you can always ask for a discussion with them .

Beat advice in the thread right here-

I recommend going to your team lead and to express how you feel on the situation if it bothers you. Feel like you can't then go to HR. However, regardless of it being an LOA or Calling out for 6weeks- you weren't there and someone else had to pick up the slack.

Long story long, i've been a DBO of consumables since 2018 up until right now, corona hits i take 2 weeks off bc doctor quarantined me, later on get a negative covid antibody test so take 30 days for vulnerable leave, upon returning i'm not in consumables anymore and theyve removed me from owning any area in consumables, still to this day have not mentioned this to me, then cut my hours in half and put someone new in consumables, the problem however is, i was informed by my peers that i was removed as a DBO because of my "attendance" which has never been mentioned to me, went to look at my attendance and ive only called out once this year and have not been shown as late either, Aside from me finding it really disrespectful for a lead to tell my coworkers about my work performance as it is nobodys business but my own, i find it very odd that it is an issue yet it has never been mentioned to me. Feels shady lmao, thanks in advance if anybody reads this.
Everyone in my store that took leave did not have their position when they came back. Our 36 hour week for 4 years electronic TM now get 12 hours cleaning carts. They all get little hours and the worse jobs. Which I feel bad but I knew it was going to happen. Someone had to fill the spot.

Citing "absenteeism" seems to go against the corona-benefits afforded to tm's regarding the waiving of the absenteeism policy. Also, someone had to do the job while OP was gone, but that hardly means that they were incapable upon their return. When any of our management team goes on a leave and another fills in they still have their position when they return. Why should it be different for tms?

If you were a good DBO before your leave then that sucks because it smacks of retaliation. I am very lucky in that my leaders are decent human beings and have not taken "revenge" on those that took LOAs. These are crazy times. I give credit to those that stuck it out but those that felt unsafe had the right to protect themselves and their loved ones.
Sorry that happened to you. You’re right, your TL is being disrespectful to you by telling other TMs why you were removed as a DBO. It is part of your TL’s job is to maintain confidentiality regarding this type of information. Instead of discussing your business with everyone else, your TL should have mustered the courage to tell you why you were removed instead of leaving you to find out over the grapevine. Seems that retaliation against those who take leaves, even medical leaves, is not unknown at Spot, unfortunately.
i figured, I don’t even really want to work under him anyways because of some disgusting things I heard him saying in the break room, the only thing keeping me was the hours, I’ll take this as a sign and try and move to a different area lol...

The advice to talk to your TL (or HR if that's not possible) is good. Keep it professional and calm, not accusatory. I agree with what others said about your TL sharing information inappropriately and that really does need addressing. If he did this to you, it's likely he'll do it to others and that's not okay.
You might not be put back in consumables, but at least you'll have an opportunity to be heard and to learn why these decisions were made.

My 2 cents.
Like many posters above mentioned, talk to your TL.
Clear the air, sometimes when people talk, they embellish. Your TL might not even have said anything, people like to light fires and watch the world burn.

My 2 cents.
Like many posters above mentioned, talk to your TL.
Clear the air, sometimes when people talk, they embellish. Your TL might not even have said anything, people like to light fires and watch the world burn.
I would question it but 3 people told me the same thing lol it seems like he had a meeting with the new consumables team and just decided to tell them I was being replaced and decided to not tell me? Plus I’m close friends with 2 of them so I trust them more than this lead :/ lol

The advice to talk to your TL (or HR if that's not possible) is good. Keep it professional and calm, not accusatory. I agree with what others said about your TL sharing information inappropriately and that really does need addressing. If he did this to you, it's likely he'll do it to others and that's not okay.
You might not be put back in consumables, but at least you'll have an opportunity to be heard and to learn why these decisions were made.
I plan on just having a meeting about it I’d like to find it in writing that it is a rule of target to not discuss these things with team members but I can’t find it in writing, they don’t really like being called out on anything as I’ve done it a couple times at this point over issues far worse than this even, almost not worth trying

I would question it but 3 people told me the same thing lol it seems like he had a meeting with the new consumables team and just decided to tell them I was being replaced and decided to not tell me? Plus I’m close friends with 2 of them so I trust them more than this lead :/ lol
Oh ok, good luck in your future endeavors.

I would confront your tl, he should never have said anything to the others. As others have already said, things have drastically changed every single day and you shouldn’t be upset for losing the DBO spot. You weren’t removed because of a grudge. You were removed because that job has to be done, and like
it or not, no employer can just wait around like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back