Archived Is Target any better than Wal-Mart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who came up with the walmart managers don't work weekends, it's retail of course they do, and like target they rotate with one another.

My father worked at Wal-mart for 5 years and at his store the managers didn't come in on weekends......of course this store had a revolving door for store managers....so mangers at the store may have taken advantage of the situation.

The district headquarters had an office at this store and yet this is one of the messiest stores I've ever been in.

FWIW, these days, most ppl shop us vs.. them on pallor vs. price...

meanwhile, a lot of us go where the $$$ is ( wherever the case may be )...

For my money's worth, when i had to go fetch various & sundry supplies 7 accessories for my physical therapy as appointed by a Doctor ( and yes, I went there b/c Spot didnt have what I needed )...

Depending upon the store and/or neighborhood, things were dingy, run-down, disorganized, or, by turns, on par with sPot..
I will say this...
The cashier at the final WalHole on my trek was EASILY one of the nicest, kindest, most patient, understanding AND on point cashiers I've dealt with in the last five years....

Here's hoping she's gone on to bigger & better ( or at the very leat BETTER!!! )

Don't walmart department managers (gm managers and inventory control managers) get set schedules? I've never worked there, but that's what I heard. Anyone know if that's true?

Don't walmart department managers (gm managers and inventory control managers) get set schedules? I've never worked there, but that's what I heard. Anyone know if that's true?

My dad is a department manager at Walmart. He never works Sundays, works one Saturday a month, and has a set schedule (save for the week he has to work a Saturday).

Who came up with the walmart managers don't work weekends, it's retail of course they do, and like target they rotate with one another.

My father worked at Wal-mart for 5 years and at his store the managers didn't come in on weekends......of course this store had a revolving door for store managers....so mangers at the store may have taken advantage of the situation.

The district headquarters had an office at this store and yet this is one of the messiest stores I've ever been in.

Managers didnt work weekends when I worked for Wally too. Except the manager on duty afaik.

I've been thinking about this lately. I think Target takes cues from Wal Mart sometimes. I think they only extended the hours the store is open because of WM. My target is open an hour to 2 hours before the other stores (except Home Depot) in the shopping center and closes one or two after all the rest. On Sundays, open earlier and closed up to 4 hours after the other stores in the center. Still closing an hour earlier than WM. I remember when I applied for the job, I left my availability open because I thought Target closed no later than 10. I don't even understand why people are ever still in the store at that time. What are you buying now that you couldn't buy a couple hours ago? Or that couldn't wait for tomorrow? I think starting Black Friday on Thanksgiving came from them too. In 2011, Wally had sales start at 10pm Thanksgiving night. I'm sure there are more things that were copied a bit.

I was shopping before my shift a few days ago, and there was no one on the floor to help me. And lately, guests have been coming to me to say "You're the first person I've seen that works here and I just walked across the whole store. I need help in [x] department." I think when Target is understaffed, it's just as bad as shopping at Wally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back