Archived Is there a trick to pushing a check through the register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a parttimer up on the front lanes,, there are couple of things that I I just cant do..without assistance
1) getting the personal check or a infant formula check into the machine --- why wont they ever feed..is there a special button?! I hit the payment of check button and lay the check down outside the feeder but nothing.. can someone give me some tips..
2) the other is the spider wrap/video case removal...when ive had them prev,,I flipped my light on and a frustrated gsa comes over and quickly takes it off without really showing me how... that same gsa said if I cant do it then I cant have a job....

also back in the reg department,, ive noticed a couple of younger employees who are verbally abusive to a newer older worker in our section... how can I stop this without pulling myself into this toxic gang of workers..

1. You need to push the check into the feeder not just lay it there. The rebate checks don't always print on the backside so it's okay.

2. There are 4 different kinds of spiderwraps, at least at my store. 2 of them use the black magnetized tool and are mostly on video cases and high dollar vacuums, TVs, etc. The other one uses a silver button type of mechanism and are also on electronics or high dollar HBA. The last one is a yellow clip that can easily be removed with the silver button magnet. I recommend you get some empty video boxes and practice on your downtime. The button/wheel wraps are initially a bit confusing but once you get the trick of pushing the button while attaching the magnet and then turning the wheel (so to speak), it's really easy. Just practice.

3. Avoid those employees...just walk away and then tell the TL that he/she might want to watch out for such and such behavior because it's making you uncomfortable.

Make sure you are keyed into the correct check payment. Rebate Checks have their own function. Then push the check into the MICR.

I've tried pushing the checks through but no luck until maybe the 7th time!! ridiculous and frustrating..
for the sales floor team issue,, it's really a catch 22... the instigators are young and knowledgeable about our section but behave in also like prison like gang behavior. Preying on the weak
not only verbal but I also witnessed a physical assault.. how does Target HR handle this type of behavior from their TM's...I don't except anything to change because we don't have real leaders anymore,, they just bully back or cover up...

Every store has an etl hr - go there first. If there was an assault it should be on camera. Take note of dates and times of incidents.

If your etl hr does nothing then talk to the stl. On the rare chance neither do anything post again here and we can discuss next steps.

Can't help on the register and my advice on the abuse is going to be a bit weak as well.
First of all, write down what you see.
Be precise, who, where, when, basic newspaper real facts, no opinions.
There is a good possibility that the management is already working on this and you will never know about it, at least until the asshats go bye bye.
Read your report and if you think it is solid give it to the HR ETL.

We don't accept WIC at my store but I've been having issues with checks in general recently. Initially, I can feed the check into the reader but it spits it back out. I end up having to feed it in from the other side (opposite side of where it says endorse here or whatever) and it works. It absolutely will not work any other way and I've tried it on multiple registers.

As far as the abuse you've been witnessing, I can only offer the same advice as fellow members. Document what you see, with specifics, and report it to your ETL/s. It's not right what they're doing, regardless of how long they've been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back