Archived Is this happening at any other store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For full time food ave yes ive seen it and for electronics no they try to keep you in your main workcenter and just cross train you. Produce, meat and deli and bakery always have to interview also.

What do these interviews consist of? The same "tell me about a time" nonsense as when initially hired, or are they more specific to the position you're being interviewed for?

Basically the same interviews for when you first got hired i did mines when i became the signing tm with my tl then my etl. More so a really big raise for me because they gave me merit raise then n09 raise then my yearly review so it was close to $3 of a raise. Guy that used to work salesfloor makes $5 more because of bakery paygrade and he had two interviews too.

Hell just moving to flow you have to interview my etl hr is big on paperwork so is my stl.

Every dang interview is "tell me about a time"...drives me nuts. Their scoring rubric has to be crap as well. Not that most of my tls know what a rubric is...

Would you typically know beforehand that you're having an interview to switch workcenters, or is just springing them on you out of the blue not unheard of?

Still not totally sure at my store if I am going to have to interview for GSA, no one at the store has mentioned an interview, Sr. TL that talked to ETL-HR most recently assured me the change in workcenter would happen "soon-ish" (whatever that means), and the GSTL printed out a learning plan a few days ago that covered cashier, cart attendant, GSA, and cash office - considering the learning plans say right on them they are for new hires or TM's who are "new-in-role" (which seems to imply if you are given a GSA learning plan you should in theory already be a GSA) yet I am unsure if that means it's already a done deal, or if they're going to randomly spring an interview on me.

Would you typically know beforehand that you're having an interview to switch workcenters, or is just springing them on you out of the blue not unheard of?

Still not totally sure at my store if I am going to have to interview for GSA, no one at the store has mentioned an interview, Sr. TL that talked to ETL-HR most recently assured me the change in workcenter would happen "soon-ish" (whatever that means), and the GSTL printed out a learning plan a few days ago that covered cashier, cart attendant, GSA, and cash office - considering the learning plans say right on them they are for new hires or TM's who are "new-in-role" (which seems to imply if you are given a GSA learning plan you should in theory already be a GSA) yet I am unsure if that means it's already a done deal, or if they're going to randomly spring an interview on me.

Did you have to do a internal application? if not then you are lucky. if u did then expect a interview most likely

They actually suppose to tell you but my second interview was sprung on me by my etl.

Did you have to do a internal application? if not then you are lucky. if u did then expect a interview most likely

I did not have to do an internal application when I went to GSA, but I did have to be interviewed.

I'm about to do 3 interviews for Brand TM. I asked my HR-ETL if Ineeded to apply for it and she said it would faster for her to just key it in.

Nope, no application. I did apply for the position at a neighboring store initially, and I'm sure getting it there would have required an interview. But I never got that interview, they may have already found their chosen applicant, or my ETL-HR might be a two-faced bitch (she specifically told me I had her blessing to interview for the position and that she wouldn't stop me from doing so) and have blocked the interview on her end.

But I have spoken with ETL-HR, STL-GE/SF, the GSTL, and a Sr. TL who used to be a GSTL about becoming a GSA, and not one has mentioned that I'd need to apply or interview yet the GSTL started going out of his way to show me to do the few things I hadn't previously ever done (closing/opening procedures, endcap-related tasks for the checklanes, etc.) and yesterday printed out a learning plan for which had himself listed as Trainer and me as the Trainee and said he thought the only new info one it would be the cash office but he wanted to go over everything else to be sure.

Thus far the only thing that makes me unsure if I will have to apply/interview still is that from what I've read on this forum you do typically have to do so.

It's a completely done deal yet, as I haven't been given Supervisor #'s, so don't think I've been keyed in as a GSA yet by HR, and haven't been scheduled GSA or GSA-Train shifts thus far either, but wasn't sure if the definition of "new-in-role" was broad enough to include people who "might" be in that role in the future as opposed to those that still are expected to apply and/or interview for it.

Last edited:
Interviewed when I transferred stores.

Applied and interviewed when I moved into the signing position. Had to do it as a formality. I was already handpicked for the position by the STL and the TL.

Nope, no application. I did apply for the position at a neighboring store initially, and I'm sure getting it there would have required an interview. But I never got that interview, they may have already found their chosen applicant, or my ETL-HR might be a two-faced bitch (she specifically told me I had her blessing to interview for the position and that she wouldn't stop me from doing so) and have blocked the interview on her end.

But I have spoken with ETL-HR, STL-GE/SF, the GSTL, and a Sr. TL who used to be a GSTL about becoming a GSA, and not one has mentioned that I'd need to apply or interview yet the GSTL started going out of his way to show me to do the few things I hadn't previously ever done (closing/opening procedures, endcap-related tasks for the checklanes, etc.) and yesterday printed out a learning plan for which had himself listed as Trainer and me as the Trainee and said he thought the only new info one it would be the cash office but he wanted to go over everything else to be sure.

Thus far the only thing that makes me unsure if I will have to apply/interview still is that from what I've read on this forum you do typically have to do so.

It's a completely done deal yet, as I haven't been given Supervisor #'s, so don't think I've been keyed in as a GSA yet by HR, and haven't been scheduled GSA or GSA-Train shifts thus far either, but wasn't sure if the definition of "new-in-role" was broad enough to include people who "might" be in that role in the future as opposed to those that still are expected to apply and/or interview for it.

Hmm your probably doing what i did and got training first before my interview to make sure i was a good fit and if i like the workload and everything involved

Interviewed when I transferred stores.

Applied and interviewed when I moved into the signing position. Had to do it as a formality. I was already handpicked for the position by the STL and the TL.

Same here but signing has gotten repetitive lately has it for you or any signing tm on here??

TL yes you interview for, but a SF brand position you do not.

The brand is a PG5 position.

I more meant, is there anything below TL that does ALWAYS requires an interview, or for the most part is TL+ the only things that absolutely require interviews and the rest is a case by case basis mostly for what does and doesn't?

In my store, if you ate going to AP or HR you have to interview, but anything on the floor or up front is just automatic.

Who cares if people don't buy shite? You're working for the Umbrella Corporation. Maybe if they actually give a shit about us, things would be better. Maybe, team members would work more efficiently and better if they got incentives like the bosses and big dogs do. Just a suggestion.
Biggest pet peeve. You're getting paid to care. If you don't think that's enough then QUIT.

Going back into my hibernation now.

They did the same thing at my store. We went to 1 TL for the entire salesfloor and then made a bunch of us Team Members "Captains" of different areas. But our STL refuses to make any of us brand Team Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back