Archived Is this happening at any other store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at my store there was a massive shake up and a lot of TLs got switched to different areas. My department went from having two TLs to now just having one. My ETL has decided that softlines doesn't need two TLs so instead she wants TMs to be responsible and "own" different areas of softlines. The TL is getting Men's, while RTW, Performance, Girls, Boys, Baby, Accessories, Jewelry, Sleep, shoes and Hosiery is getting split up between 4 TMs. We will be responsible for Vibe scores and Sales in our "owned" departments and we will be setting all the sales plans and adjacencies for these departments too. Is this happening at any other store? I kind of feel like I'm getting TL responsibilities with out being a TL.

So at my store there was a massive shake up and a lot of TLs got switched to different areas. My department went from having two TLs to now just having one. My ETL has decided that softlines doesn't need two TLs so instead she wants TMs to be responsible and "own" different areas of softlines. The TL is getting Men's, while RTW, Performance, Girls, Boys, Baby, Accessories, Jewelry, Sleep, shoes and Hosiery is getting split up between 4 TMs. We will be responsible for Vibe scores and Sales in our "owned" departments and we will be setting all the sales plans and adjacencies for these departments too. Is this happening at any other store? I kind of feel like I'm getting TL responsibilities with out being a TL.

So basically they're making your entire softlines team to becoming brand without the pay most likely.

I like how the TL got the easiest area.

It's not even that the TL get's the easiest, It's the fact that he only gets one while I am taking on 3 and most likely will be 4 by the time 4th quater ends, another TM is already doing shoes, another TM is getting two ares and then the third TM is getting two ares to start with and then will most likely be taking on a third.

I don't think your ETL decided to go down to one TL...it was probably an AE14 cut. But my store wanted to do the idea of TMs owning certain areas. But the TMs rotate in and out too quickly for it to work.

I'm not sure if it was my Etls idea or not. I just know she made a comment to me and the TL of Plano that she felt softlines didn't need two tls and that softlines TMs could take ownership. And we aren't rotated around, they will our responsibility. I guess my next thing is should I be worried about getting into any trouble (written up/couched) if vibe and sales are down? There had been a rumor going around the store that we were cutting a TL position somewhere, so it's not a surprise we only have 1 TL for softlines now.

Well in my store we eliminated an ETL-SL and added a TL-SL and Electronics was told that in addition to the covering Electronics, MMB, Mini-Seasonal, Seasonal, Toys, Sporting Goods, Automotive, and Fan Central, that we are also responsible for Baby 360 because it's close to us and that we should handle zoning, pulls etc for the infant and toddler tables and gondolas because after all they are close by and not much additional work. Who thinks of these things?

I'm not sure if it was my Etls idea or not. I just know she made a comment to me and the TL of Plano that she felt softlines didn't need two tls and that softlines TMs could take ownership. And we aren't rotated around, they will our responsibility. I guess my next thing is should I be worried about getting into any trouble (written up/couched) if vibe and sales are down? There had been a rumor going around the store that we were cutting a TL position somewhere, so it's not a surprise we only have 1 TL for softlines now.

By rotated in and out I meant hired and quit. They can't keep a solid staff in there for people to really own areas because they can't keep TMs long enough to get to the point of owning an area.

That was a miserable failure in my store. Owning an area, sure given no authority to run it, but having to take responsibility of all the idiots who don't care what they do in it. Yeah not successful.

@Goingstrong no I am not a brand team member. And neither is the TM who is taking boys and girls. The TM who does shoes and the TM who is going to be doing RTW and performance are.

I think that sounds cool. Being responsible for a certain area in the store. I don't think you would be in trouble if the sales are bad in the area. Just make sure you set your sale planners and everything is set up right.

Who cares if people don't buy shite? You're working for the Umbrella Corporation. Maybe if they actually give a shit about us, things would be better. Maybe, team members would work more efficiently and better if they got incentives like the bosses and big dogs do. Just a suggestion.

@Goingstrong no I am not a brand team member. And neither is the TM who is taking boys and girls. The TM who does shoes and the TM who is going to be doing RTW and performance are.

I would go to your HR and ask if they can give you the brand promotion. It's not something that you have to interview for.

If you are owning an area you should get it. It's like the salesfloor equivalent of a GSA.

It's not something that you have to interview for.

Isn't TL and above the only positions you ALWAYS need to interview for?

I've seen mention that things like GSA sometimes require interviewing, but also seen people say they have seen it not require such on many occasions as well.

TL yes you interview for, but a SF brand position you do not.

The brand is a PG5 position.

I more meant, is there anything below TL that does ALWAYS requires an interview, or for the most part is TL+ the only things that absolutely require interviews and the rest is a case by case basis mostly for what does and doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back