Is this happening at your store? new scheduling?

The closing expert role should stay shorter, I would think, unless they are eliminating it. Gonna be tough for low payroll or college town stores. I guess that is part of the reason for On-Demand folks.
Believe me more to come. I do 14 trucks a week all inbound is schedule 4 hours shifts . Doubles everyday

Not doing this at my store, at least not yet. We'd lose a lot of TMs at my store; some are students who either can't or don't want to work full shifts because of class schedules. (Even if classes are currently online, they still have attendance requirements based on time.) Some just prefer shorter shifts for a variety of reasons.
Personally, I wouldn't mind having longer shifts and more hours.

This is something new to our store as well. I've been told that in a few weeks time, half shifts are no longer available except for front end. There will be 3 time slots for shifts. 4 am, 10am, and 2pm, and they will have to be full shifts. If you cannot start at those times or if you cannot come for full shifts, then the only area you can be in is in the front end. Only front end gets to have half shifts.
Has to be for high volume. My store wouldn’t survive this way.

You do roughly 3X's the volume we do.

That's the problem with Spot. You all have the resources that we just don't have access to.

All things relative, one or two warm bodies here and there make an enormous difference when your talking performing basic task we all have to (marginal inputs/outputs and associated curves).

Not to mention, our leadership is just not at that level. Too much involvement in the task at hand leads to the inability plan and direct.

Last edited:
That's the problem with Spot. You all have the resources that we just don't have access to.
I just stared this new thing with inbound were all they work is 4.5 shifts doing 2 trucks a day and coming in later .If I make it work it will be implemented in the region. I hate it , I hate it so fucking much but then again I can do it . But I hate it

I just stared this new thing with inbound were all they work is 4.5 shifts doing 2 trucks a day and coming in later .If I make it work it will be implemented in the region. I hate it , I hate it so fucking much but then again I can do it . But I hate it

Let me get this straight, inbound crew (1 thrower, 3 on GM 1, 2 on GM 2 - one of which pulls bulk) starting later in the morning working one 4.5 shift. What time are you guys starting?

If I remember correctly on doubles, Spot allows you 2.5 hours to get the first truck unloaded before they pull it and drop the second.

Doable, yes. But damn you are going to turn some team members over with that workload.

"I hate it" would be an understatement.

We have a lot of team members that prefer to work shorter shifts. Where’s the payroll coming from to support so many long shifts?

Is the DBO idea going away, or something?

Inbound starts before 7 am at my store. Wonder how many will stay? Is inbound included in the 7-8 hour shift “expectation?”

We have a lot of team members that prefer to work shorter shifts. Where’s the payroll coming from to support so many long shifts?

Is the DBO idea going away, or something?

Inbound starts before 7 am at my store. Wonder how many will stay? Is inbound included in the 7-8 hour shift “expectation?”
Soon from inbound

So, Inbound will be 7-2:30 or 3:30? yikes.
@allnew2 ? (I am tired, humor me please.) Is this what your store is testing?

So, is Target going back to an unload/flow team? Right now, our inbound mainly leaves after 4.5 hours. Unload, and help a little, then out the door.

pushing the truck while the store is open really sucks. Especially in busy/congested areas. :(

what about paper/water/etc pallets? more team members at 7 other than the actual unload team?

Two trucks in 4 hours with the current team size is not possible. We don't even have enough vehicles... would need a massive team to work vehicles while the trucks are unloaded. Market usually takes a beating in our store + poor Style. We don't even have room to store the amount of vehicles it would take to unload two trucks back-to-back.

So, fewer team members for longer shifts? Is that the end game?

How will that work for cashiers and SFS? where they see bursts of work/busy periods? easier to have 2 more cashiers during the busy time for 5 hours...

so many questions

Last edited:
Live unload can be a killer had a second truck delayed by almost 2 hours and we carried over so much freight that we didnt get caught up for a week we and honestly we only got caught up for a reason i dont want to explain for anonimity

The store im in now was supposed to opened as a volume b store but ended up being a volume a off the bat. last year were AA will be atleast AA+ this year, we just dont have the infrastructure imo to grow at this rate. Granted this is off of the the volume numbers I've seen on this site and not sure if those numbers are still accurate

So, is Target going back to an unload/flow team? Right now, our inbound mainly leaves after 4.5 hours. Unload, and help a little, then out the door.
I’m testing 7-11:00 2 trucks done in 4h. P 1 and market comes at 4am by the time I start unload they should wrap up their one for ones and by 7:30 move into freight and keep it going as we unload .

Lol i get yelled at by the unload team that i have cages and tvs to fetch, but kinda hard when its a busy guest focused morning and i still haven't done my mancaf pull Lmao. Eventually the cage and tvs appear outside my lockup usually followed by a annoyed look from unload team if i don't notice that they brought my stuff down for me.

Lol i get yelled at by the unload team that i have cages and tvs to fetch, but kinda hard when its a busy guest focused morning and i still haven't done my mancaf pull Lmao. Eventually the cage and tvs appear outside my lockup usually followed by a annoyed look from unload team if i don't notice that they brought my stuff down for me.
Wtf . Where is your Ap?

Getting this done in 4 hours and then they are off . However the docks always remained cleared nothing ever on the dock not even a pallet jack during unload .

Attachments

• CC0C3F7A-DE37-47DE-B20E-64D7BD232C46.jpeg
    CC0C3F7A-DE37-47DE-B20E-64D7BD232C46.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 23
Has to be for high volume. My store wouldn’t survive this way.
I don’t even consider my store high volume. Most of the time when I see the daily sales we are in the red yet we are switching to this model.

Getting this done in 4 hours and then they are off . However the docks always remained cleared nothing ever on the dock not even a pallet jack during unload .
Wish our dock/ receiving area was clear. Most of the time our line is still filled with u-boats on both sides, pallets and repacks. Rarely it’s ever clear. It’s a never ending cycle to be filled again.

I see this all the time and I come in the afternoon early evening. Nothing is pushed and SFS/ OPU have to search for items all the time.

Target is trying to resolve a linear processing queuing issue. This is a problem created by ASANTS. You read through the threads and you quickly learn that we all do this damn thing differently. We don't even use the same language.

We have gm1 and gm2 dbo's on our inbound team. We are so damn far from where we need to be...

The irony of this is the more successful allnew2 is at this, the worse it will be for a lot of us. Here comes another round of attrition.

Last edited:
Target is trying to resolve a linear processing queuing issue. This is a problem created by ASANTS. You read through the threads and you quickly learn that we all do this damn thing differently. We don't even use the same language.

We have gm1 and gm2 dbo's on our inbound team. We are so damn far from where we need to be...

The irony of this is the more successful allnew2 is at this, the worse it will be for a lot of us. Here comes another round of attrition.
And I’m very sorry . This is my pet peeve as being Etl logistic to make it work .
Don’t like it but I got to do it .

Back