Is this happening at your store? new scheduling?

Target is trying to resolve a linear processing queuing issue. This is a problem created by ASANTS. You read through the threads and you quickly learn that we all do this damn thing differently. We don't even use the same language.

We have gm1 and gm2 dbo's on our inbound team. We are so damn far from where we need to be...

The irony of this is the more successful allnew2 is at this, the worse it will be for a lot of us. Here comes another round of attrition.

ASANTS? Allnew2?

Last edited:
All Stores Are Not The Same

Allnew2 is a user name for someone on this site.

🤦🏽‍♂️ Sorry thought it was new store lingo.

for any stores that already implemented this new scheduling. How did you or your store deal with TMs that couldn’t work those times or did not want to go to front end?

All the SDTMs at my store have been getting 5 hour shifts. 2 openers, 2 early mids (but one is usually reshop), 1-2 late mids, 1-2 closers

they put us all on set schedules in mytime. Been nice to know roughly my schedule every week (they do make edits to it sometimes). I‘m an early mid and love it. Don’t have to wake up early to open, and am still out by3-4.

once you do a lot of 5 hour shifts, especially at GS, 8 hours seems impossible

Luckily not the case here. I abhor short shifts. Did 2:00-10:30 once this week, the other 4 days are 11:00-7:30. 25 hours (5x5) just doesn't cut it, if they gave me that I'd be checking Kronos numerous times per day to grab every available shift.

We only schedule 2-3 service desk people each day though, and really only have 3 proper service advocates atm in total. One of those three just works 6:00-10:00 five days a week, the rest of the time isnaplit between me and the other . We usually have 5, but two are on LOA.

my store would probably lose at least 50% of our total roster if we did this. at the front in particular i just don’t have enough people, period, to not give people 7.75s on a regular basis both at the lanes and service desk
Opposite here. I beg for 8 hour shifts and don't get them as often as I'd like. Usually get 33-37 hours a week, but typically have at least 1-2 short shifts per week.

I’m testing 7-11:00 2 trucks done in 4h. P 1 and market comes at 4am by the time I start unload they should wrap up their one for ones and by 7:30 move into freight and keep it going as we unload .

What about stuff like Nintendo Switches? Guest just has to wait until the unload is finished and the items are found?

So our unload team does do us a solid and sets any switch boxes to the side for store open cause they know we will be looking. Now the fun is when there's a switch or two in a normal looking repack, 2 cages of repacks sometimes they don't get found until late in the day during the normal actions of freight. *shrug*
I always help flex dig thru our repacks if i have a moment, better i help control the mess then just leave them to their own. Plus i can clean it up again after they find their items.

I just wish they gave me any meaningfull hours. I have a 12 hour week coming up next week. A 8 and a 4.

I can't imagine the mess [well, actually I can] and SFS digging through two trucks worth of Repacks/U-boats.
Wait what? Dig? Dig where ? Then the sort must be bad because they don’t need to dig to find it . Besides at my store the SD doesn’t allow switches to be fulfilled. Guest in store first .

Damn that’s sad to hear. For all the long time TMs that don’t have a choice in this. I’m still at a loss on why this is being implemented.

ppl apply because of the flexibility only to find out there is none.
Because when you can do more with less you have succeeded the money hungry corporate dreams.

Now the fun is when there's a switch or two in a normal looking repack, 2 cages of repacks sometimes they don't get found until late in the day during the normal actions of freight. *shrug*
All you have to do is go to trailer detail , select trailer that you are unloading , go to electronics replenished And where it says you are getting switches in the front has a carton id and voila no digging .

Wait what? Dig? Dig where ? Then the sort must be bad because they don’t need to dig to find it . Besides at my store the SD doesn’t allow switches to be fulfilled. Guest in store first .

Yikes! Those INFs! My SD allows me to count the switches that came off the truck, check our on hands, and go ahead and take however many I have outstanding orders for plus a couple more before they go on the floor. This is store policy after the one day about a month ago when we had 10+ INFs just from Switches because fulfillment was running behind.

Yikes! Those INFs! My SD allows me to count the switches that came off the truck, check our on hands, and go ahead and take however many I have outstanding orders for plus a couple more before they go on the floor. This is store policy after the one day about a month ago when we had 10+ INFs just from Switches because fulfillment was running behind.
Hey he rather just have the money now since is always a line since 6 am when they hear that we are getting them. I allowed once to fulfillment and he almost lost his shit lol. Because of all the guest that were in line . So first come first served

I haven't heard this, but my hours have been cut. Pretty sure it's because I called my leaders out for not getting anything done....

All you have to do is go to trailer detail , select trailer that you are unloading , go to electronics replenished And where it says you are getting switches in the front has a carton id and voila no digging .
Can you please walk me there from the home screen on a zebra? Cause that sounds amazingly useful. Right now every repack (that isn't filled with apple) is a suprise if it isn't labeled outside.

Hey he rather just have the money now since is always a line since 6 am when they hear that we are getting them. I allowed once to fulfillment and he almost lost his shit lol. Because of all the guest that were in line . So first come first served

Makes sense. That's where I would prefer to be every morning. Unfortunately, we've been getting such a high number of OPU orders after the store closes at night that we have major issues clearing them out before we open for guests in the morning. The trailer gets acknowledged at 5. I really need to clear out everything ordered before then by 8 so we can pick on a first come first served basis with in-store guests. But, when I can't, I can't. So, at 7:45 it's grab as many high demand items as we need and stash them in the OPU hold area before guests come in. It's crazy. But, that's 2020 for ya. Your really haven't lived the fulfillment life until you've grabbed 4 casepacks of freaking water balloons right off the line because you *know* from the already 0 on hands that you have orders for all of them you haven't gotten to yet. If I don't do that, well...those Zuru water balloons are 12 a case. 4 casepacks are potentionally 48 INFs if in-store guests get to them first. With all the other inventory problems we have right now, those INFS would have us so flaminig red that the DSD might drop in. Can't have that.

Yuuup, i do that with our high demand items. One morning we had xbox controllers 12 came in. 1 got sold to a walkin guest before flex came by and were like "i need 12 xbox one controllers" *here's 11* . The rest of the day was spent telling people we were sold out.

Can you please walk me there from the home screen on a zebra? Cause that sounds amazingly useful. Right now every repack (that isn't filled with apple) is a suprise if it isn't labeled outside.
You can’t from zebra . But your inbound Tl should have the trailer detail for every department printed . To be aware of what it’s coming in

Ahh dam. I wish they would slip us the list then so we didn't have to hunt. But since we never cross paths i wouldn't be able to ask in person. I never knew the list existed.

I gotcha, i can find it off that info. I might put a request into our etl to get one printed for us with our breakout.

Back