Archived Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new and was told I will be training at different store that is 30 minutes away but the store I applied for is in walking distance. Will I have to work for the store I'm training at or is there a reason why they're making me train at a different store? I don't have a car now and that's my goal to save up for a car and college but i will have to turn down the job if I have to work 30 minutes away. -____-

Depends on the job but it's not uncommon to be trained in another store.

Welcome to The Break Room.

I find that a bit odd they're sending you to a different store for a cashier position though. Usually they send team members to other stores for training because they have a lack of trainers in that particular work center. Stores tend to have quite a few cashier trainers since it's a skill that almost everyone dayside needs to know.

Maybe the store you're training at has better front lanes scores like red card conversion and checkout speed. Be sure to take their good habits and bring them to the store you're going to be working at permanently. It'll stand out. :]

I had to train at a different store because we were a new store and not open yet. That's the only reason I can think of to do this.

We will have orientation take place at other stores from time to time, that's the day where you sit in the training room with the human resource executive and watch videos and review the handbook. This occurs most often if the executive is on vacation, or if two stores have hired small amounts of people, allowing the training to be consolidated to one store and free up the time for the other store's human resource executive.

As far as training goes, there are a few explanations, but it seems less common. Maybe the store you are working at doesn't have someone who traditionally trains cashiers working this week and they need you on board right away. It could be an ultra low volume store (a store with much slower sales than average) and they can't afford this week to have someone doing training while the front end is open due to staffing amounts. Or, as has been mentioned before, perhaps your store has a lower score in one thing or another and they want you to train from a more effective place.

The only time my store's ever done this was for BRTLs, mostly because the last one quit before we could hire a new one.

I don't know, something seems awfully fishy to need to go to a store that far away for training as cashier......even if it is a low volume store.

If you're going to be a GSA then it makes sense for the training to be at another store.

Since getting to the store for training will be difficult, take the time to ask the human resources person if it is at all possible to train at the store where you'll be working.....and then explain your concerns/issues and I bet that they'll be able to come up with a different (and better) solution. Don't turn down the job without explaining what the training problem is.

Thank you all! i talked to the manager and
i will be working at the store that is walking
distance of my home. They're just training me
At the other store :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back