Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Hell, I never worked P-fresh but I did work restaurants and I know that's a recipe for disaster.
Basic rules of food management.

We have the same kinda metros at our store.

it looks like you br tm doesn't know how to read. Pork on the top shelf, hell no it says "pre cooked" and ground meat on the bottom next to chicken as i laugh at all the qmos you had to do that day.

oh and I see those REV's on the 2nd shelf, ouch more qmos.

Alos that 3rd shelf has some sort of beef or maybe even chicken parm. ontop of ground meat. more qmos.

I hope things have goten better at your store.

Yeah, our receiver had done the pulls that morning. No clue what they were doing. After having several other ETLs get on the ETL-LOG's case about this, it got better. The only thing lately has been ham. People for some reason think ham is fresh cut instead of pre-cooked meat. Great times.

And yes, qmosqueen, I had to qmos the WHOLE metro of meat. I was BEYOND mad. That was like the 3rd messed up metro of meat that week. Our CTL was ready to have someone's head over it.

Our meat cooler is pretty darn small, wish we had room for those "metros" We have three tiers for beef, poultry, pork. Then we use the metal carts they have for lunch meat stuff (cardboard box for he loose stuff). When you have day shift guys that never run the pulls the stacks can become quite tall, especially the cases of ground beef.

Is that even a case of Panera soup I see on there? Gosh, of all the delicious things to waste... anything but the soup!

While I'm here, does anyone know how/if the holidays are going to affect FDC trucks that deliver on Friday of this week? Is it still business as usual? This was my weekend off so if there's been news about it, I haven't been around to hear it.

thanks ETL and CTL for ordering heavy for the holidays. My produce cooler is stacked to the brim with every possible shelf and waco filled with produce. We have the leftovers stacked on a pallet in the dairy cooler.

Now, I cannot wait for that new Food distibution center to open outside Columbus, OH http://pressroom.target.com/news/target-plans-new-food-distribution-231323, so we can get our orders delivered on time and with barcodes so no more need to bcode boxes. I'm sure the trip to Decatur, Il will be much better than what we have now, it will be almost a straight drive down I70 then I74.

I'm gonna make a few Black Friday Deals in PFresh, will TPC stuff, just for 1 day, since I have so much produce. Who is really gonna shop for food the day after eating stuffing your face with turkey? Oh, I forgot this is America the land of over eating.

everyone have a great Turkey Day !

Since pictures are fun here's a couple I took a while back of the typical MC BS I usually handle:

sfjX0Rg.jpg

7tzv997.jpg

i am just hoping they will be delivered on time, since it is a target food distribution center. And the BRTL told me they will come in with the same codes on them as the general merchandise truck. with bar code and the acutal location aisle and section shelf where the product goes. As for Turkeys fresh out of Butterballs and MP we have 35 cases in the freezer,
selling them at the .79 cents per pound, I'm just tooo lazy to re-weigh all those turkeys to TPC them, since I did not order them I shouldn't have to re-weigh them.

Last edited:
Now, I cannot wait for that new Food distibution center to open outside Columbus, OH http://pressroom.target.com/news/target-plans-new-food-distribution-231323, so we can get our orders delivered on time and with barcodes so no more need to bcode boxes. I'm sure the trip to Decatur, Il will be much better than what we have now, it will be almost a straight drive down I70 then I74.

Every time we get a truck, I tell myself it's only few more months til the Target run food dc that will hopefully make life easier.

Looseseal: I know for us, we usually get trucks Tues, Thurs, Sat, and this week we have them on Tues, Wed & Sat. I would check with your CTL if you can, ours had a sheet for delivery/order dates for every store in the district for this week.

What is really great (in this thread of misery) is that reading through all these stories, I can picture someone in my store who would vent about the exact same problems. Every new post I read I can hear it in one of their voices, even put a face to it, and completely believe one of my peers posted it. I guess we all live in one giant Target nightmare where our leadership is mostly clueless, work centers are understaffed, cross-contamination is rampant, and no one knows that the Buterball turkeys sell better. Dang.

The Target FDCs aren't the godsend you've been looking for. They stack stuff weird, half the barcodes for frozen don't scan. A new FDC will have a lot of kinks to work out.

I guess that means no more C&S at my store. We get our GM from the RDC there.

thanks ETL and CTL for ordering heavy for the holidays.

So from what I understand is all stores in VA will get food from this center? I work at a store in northern Virginia and I am hoping this is the case. Also, where did you read that the orders will be delivered on time and with barcodes so no more need to bcode boxes?

My CTL ordered heavy on Turkey this past week as well as I mentioned before. At one point on Saturday, we had over 30 cases of Market Pantry Turkey (not including butterball turkeys or MP turkey breasts). Those who know p fresh know that butterballs sell better than Market Pantry. When I talked to my CTL Monday, he said the following things as his reasoning for ordering so much.

1: Our ETL food told him to order extra Turkeys so we will have them.
2: He was told we would receive extra Butterball Turkeys but instead of sending us BB Turkeys, they sent us MP Turkeys instead.
3: He said he didn't order all those turkey but HQ sent them to us instead.

Fact, he ordered everyday last week. I checked the order, he ordered 3 cases of each MP turkey weight (7 different DCPIs) both on Sundays order and Tuesdays order. He then ordered 2 cases of each MP turkey weight (7 different DCPIs). So I TPCed the Turkeys to .59 cents a pound (down from sale price of .79 cents a pound and 1.39 a pound regular price) with a dollar coupon on them. Yesterday, we just got down to 20 cases of MP turkeys.

Are you sure they will be arriving with Barcodes allready. Corporates Pfresh Exec team actually came out to my store with one of the C+S higher ups and I was talking to them and they brought the barcode thing up but they said it was still in the works. That would be awesome if it is coming really soon.

The Denton FDC is the only one to do this so far, but it was built as a technologically advanced prototype for FDCs. I'd imagine that newer FDCs would have the same, if not better, technology.

I want to know who decided it was ok to have all of about 5 people scheduled for the pfresh truck this morning when the truck wasn't scheduled til 7 & over half of them left at 11...actually I want to know who decided to have a bare bones crew all over the store today because I would like to deck them. Or lock them in the freezer.

I want to know who decided it was ok to have all of about 5 people scheduled for the pfresh truck this morning when the truck wasn't scheduled til 7 & over half of them left at 11...actually I want to know who decided to have a bare bones crew all over the store today because I would like to deck them. Or lock them in the freezer.

Haha so true. Our C+S actually got done pretty quick and we were able to push out Mcclane Candy in the Candy Aisle but Market the CTL was there from 6-2. Closer from 2-9:30 and I came in to help with Market/Ad Prep from 7:30-2. The closer was not happy today, we were super busy. He was confused at all the guests wanting to buy the larger butterball turkeys. I thought you had to thaw them out for several days? Anyway we have most of our Turkeys out of the backroom and we were pretty successful at ordering this year :)

we still have AF Turkeys in the Freezer about 20 boxes of them on a flat.

As for Saturdays PFresh truck, I know it will be about lucky 13 pallets. Not sure how many TMs are scheduled to push it.
Just remember that a lot of TMs will be working late on Turkey Day, short time off (8 Hrs) , then back on Friday around 12 or 1 till 8 or 9 Friday night.
So, come Saturday mnorning there probably won't be that many TMs there for the truck. But there should have a large crew coming in around 12 or 1 PM, so get with an LOD and
ask as soon as they come in to help push the PFresh truck. You always have Sunday to finish your truck.

Just make sure you leave your self room in all the coolers for the amount of truck that your getting.
Ask your BR-TL or CTL on Friday to see how big your truck is. ANYONE here know how to check this ??? I don't know how to check it.
If its 900 peices thats about 9 pallets, 1200 about 12 pallets.

we still have AF Turkeys in the Freezer about 20 boxes of them on a flat.

As for Saturdays PFresh truck, I know it will be about lucky 13 pallets. Not sure how many TMs are scheduled to push it.
Just remember that a lot of TMs will be working late on Turkey Day, short time off (8 Hrs) , then back on Friday around 12 or 1 till 8 or 9 Friday night.
So, come Saturday mnorning there probably won't be that many TMs there for the truck. But there should have a large crew coming in around 12 or 1 PM, so get with an LOD and
ask as soon as they come in to help push the PFresh truck. You always have Sunday to finish your truck.

Just make sure you leave your self room in all the coolers for the amount of truck that your getting.
Ask your BR-TL or CTL on Friday to see how big your truck is. ANYONE here know how to check this ??? I don't know how to check it.
If its 900 peices thats about 9 pallets, 1200 about 12 pallets.

On the truck ETA on workbench they list your stop number as well as how many pieces are in each section (produce, freezer, etc)

We got 4 pallets of milk delivered to us for the weekend since they won't be delivering again until Monday because of the holidays... Not sure how that's going to work with our truck on Saturday. Our cooler is longer than it is wide, so you can't fit more than one pallet along the width of it, and with the 4 milk pallets in there it's packed. We might have to resort to putting them in the meat cooler.

We might have to resort to putting them in the meat cooler.

We also put the MEAT (meat/egg/hotdog/lunchables/yougurt) pallet in the meat cooler.
put 3 frozen in the freezer, 1 banana/potatoes in ambient room, 7 pallets (4 dairy and 3 produce) in PRO1 dairy/milk cooler. 12 pallets is normal for us on a Saturday delivery.
We break down the 1st freezer pallet, cause we can only fit 3 in the freezer.

Last edited:
The Denton FDC is the only one to do this so far, but it was built as a technologically advanced prototype for FDCs. I'd imagine that newer FDCs would have the same, if not better, technology.

Ooooohhhhh. Our backroom team would be SO HAPPY if we didn't have to bcode boxes. Heck, I would be thrilled. I think ours is one of the oldest FDC's so no such snazzy technology for us...too bad!

Nothing is more annoying than guests who want to play chicken with me while I'm pushing a massive flat of milk out to Pfresh. A grade-level understanding of momentum and kinetic energy should tell you that I cannot stop quickly or easily when you let your little spawns of satan run out in front of me. And then the people who think that shifting their cart one inch to the side after you have politely said excuse me is going to give you sufficient space to maneuver through...

Back