Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Organic food is good. If Target is trying to appeal to the upper class clientele that they want to differentiate themselves from the supposed lower class clientele that shops at Walmart, then expanding organic food selections is a good way to start.

Whenever we get organic produce on C+S days, it's always on top of the pallets. And they'll have signs declaring "ORGANIC PRODUCE", and they'll have plastic wrapping separating the organics from the rest of the produce. It's similar to how meat is separated (fresh cut beef/pork on top, then ground beef meat, then poultry). You don't want to mix, otherwise it's a QMOS party!

Actually we are a pfresh and not a super (no super for several hundred miles). My store was one of the original test stores when they rolled out the organic produce -- which reminds me, I forgot to mention the bagged carrots/baby carrots. :p

Guests will buy organic when the regular produce sells out. And vice versa.
You get stuck trying all the awful new things eh? Compost, organics...

I can deal with a 4ft section. Just not sure what we'd have to move/cut to get that space free.

My guest will be ape shit excited for organic produce. The butter is $6 and change. No problem moving that or the eggs at almost $5 a dozen. Or milk at almost $5 a half gallon.

I think it would go pretty well in my area. There is one actual grocery store nearby and they don't carry much in the way of organics. We sell through the organic stuff that we have now like some of the Taylor Farms salads, eggs, butter, juices and kombucha, etc. I never end up QMOSing much if any organics. It would be a great move for my store.

At my store, I am not sure what produce they would get rid of to add organic produce. We have an extremely small produce cooler (thanks Target for piss poor planning on that BTW) and if they are high sellers, we would need a lot of extra product in the back. With the high sellers at my store and the "flexing process" now, I dont see it working at my store, at least for produce.

With the workers at my store, organics and conventional will be mixed in with each other. They simply cannot differentiate package differences.

Does the organics need it's own space in the backroom as well? Or can it be backstocked next to conventional produce?

Organic can be back stocked above regular and next to it on separate metro racks, but it must be kept separate to be organic. Same idea as cross contamination of meat.
Ugh. I'd never be able to find enough room in the cooler without ordering less and having gaps in filling food. This should be fun.

Ugh. I'd never be able to find enough room in the cooler without ordering less and having gaps in filling food. This should be fun.

My store keeps all of the organics on one metro rack -- we used to have a section in the produce cooler to backstock, but now we just keep them all on the metro and push it whenever the organic section is light (at least once a day) -- saves us the time/process of backstocking and shooting outs/SUBTing.

My store keeps all of the organics on one metro rack -- we used to have a section in the produce cooler to backstock, but now we just keep them all on the metro and push it whenever the organic section is light (at least once a day) -- saves us the time/process of backstocking and shooting outs/SUBTing.
My old man can't push a metro, nor would he if he could. He thinks they look crappy on the floor after open...sigh. we're always fighting over racks as well. Gs took one for flex orders so we're down one already.

Don't load the monarch guns. See hoe much bakery they push lol.

The amazing thing is we have been 100% on the guest survey the last 3 weeks haha..and thats with callouts, people being scheduled open and then not even working in market, and having 2-3 hours between the opener leaving and closer coming in

The amazing thing is we have been 100% on the guest survey the last 3 weeks haha..and thats with callouts, people being scheduled open and then not even working in market, and having 2-3 hours between the opener leaving and closer coming in
We've got more hours for pfresh recently. I haven't had overlap since before we hit the 5yr mark as a store. I suddenly have a six or seven hour mid shift person daily...

We've got more hours for pfresh recently. I haven't had overlap since before we hit the 5yr mark as a store. I suddenly have a six or seven hour mid shift person daily...
I dont think it will change unless we get a new STL...it seems ours doesnt give a care about market at all

we are the only sucessful Pfresh area in my district, my ctl told me. He said our produce is up 20% since January 1st and dairy is up 15%... he didn't mention freezer.
We have a pfresh inventory this upcoming Monday night.

we are the only sucessful Pfresh area in my district, my ctl told me. He said our produce is up 20% since January 1st and dairy is up 15%... he didn't mention freezer.
We have a pfresh inventory this upcoming Monday night.

I love looking at our sales, we were the only section of the store last year (Pfresh including Freezers, who not only made our sales goal (2% increase in sales), but tripled, or quadrupled that goal... in each of the departments..)

I had to mention it at huddle to make sure anyone even knew... sadly.

I love looking at our sales, we were the only section of the store last year (Pfresh including Freezers, who not only made our sales goal (2% increase in sales), but tripled, or quadrupled that goal... in each of the departments..)

Where can I find sales for the p fresh areas? I have been searching workbench with no luck finding them.

We were at three times the sales goal for fourth quarter. It was scary the amount of food we went through.

Back