Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Starts in May. Printed it off the other day...

...didn't get 99 percent of what I ordered the other day. But bananas, apples and avocados came...

Where did you hear/read this? Is this on workbench? What exactly is going to be orderable and what is not going to be orderable?

Where did you hear/read this? Is this on workbench? What exactly is going to be orderable and what is not going to be orderable?
Redwire 211-14, bagged cut veg and the tubs of cut fruit for the most part.

But added to salad and most of the meat it means that two thirds of the department isn't ordered by me so I have more time to "vibe" which is mostly apologizing for them not sending crap I can't order...

I heard about this today. ETLs where talking about it. Maybe Target will get the message that they need more people to do cleaning tasks in market/p fresh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no.

I currently have the wrapped baked potatoes TPC'd heavily(50%.) They're not moving.

Got a truck today. Upon down stacking the pallets, I find eight more cases. Fan fucking tastic.
The ulv store near us has these. We don't as a lv. (Knock on wood)

However I had to flex baby carrots into the salad rack tonight to fill the floor. I'd pay to see the tls faces in the morning...but it's full.

About a month ago I took out several of the magnetic pushers for the bagged salads and we flexed red and green grapes and cuties there it looked stupid but full. those pushers just sit on the shelf with a magnet so easy to remove snd put on a top shelf in the ambient room. Our counts are correct too, we research salads on non Truck day.

Last edited:
We are drowning in push as well.. I tpc'd grapes all week and kept getting more. I don't know about your store, but we have a donation program - when we have excess push, I will donate a case or two every day until the push is gone. Sometimes tpc's aren't enough to get rid of it all.

We are drowning in push as well.. I tpc'd grapes all week and kept getting more. I don't know about your store, but we have a donation program - when we have excess push, I will donate a case or two every day until the push is gone. Sometimes tpc's aren't enough to get rid of it all.
My donation partner will come once a week if I'm lucky. We rarely donate produce. Our anything but meat and dry grocery.

My donation partner will come once a week if I'm lucky. We rarely donate produce. Our anything but meat and dry grocery.
Wow. We get donations picked up 6 days a week. 3 days the Food Bank and 3 the Gospel Mission. Feeds a lot of people. Well worth the small effort it takes on our end. Can you not get anyone to come more frequently?

Wow. We get donations picked up 6 days a week. 3 days the Food Bank and 3 the Gospel Mission. Feeds a lot of people. Well worth the small effort it takes on our end. Can you not get anyone to come more frequently?
We only have two choices abd the volunteers from the one keep refusing slightly crushed boxes, even though the pantry takes them. So my receiver refuses to with with them all the time. The other one has two grocery stores that donate TONS in the same town so out of the three days they could pickup it's only worth the drive for a full load once a week.

Does anyone know if we can order the silver metal label strip holders that are on the freezer shelves? We are missing quite a few.

Does anyone know the number for the wire baskets that go in the floor drains? Our store desperately needs new ones.

Does anyone know if we can order the silver metal label strip holders that are on the freezer shelves? We are missing quite a few.

I would ask your LOG TL, LOG ETL, signing TM or food ETL to see if they can order them. If they dont know, have your food ETL contact the food business partner and ask them.

Does anyone know the number for the wire baskets that go in the floor drains? Our store desperately needs new ones.

I would ask the STF or whatever they are called now. They should be able to find out. If not, ask your food ETL. If they dont know, have the STF ask their boss if they know where to order the wire baskets. If the STF boss doesnt know, have your food ETL contact the food business partner and ask them.

I would ask your LOG TL, LOG ETL, signing TM or food ETL to see if they can order them. If they dont know, have your food ETL contact the food business partner and ask them.

@daninnj, have you asked your plano TL? There might be some stashed away in your death trap fixture room.

I would ask the STF or whatever they are called now.

PMT, short for Property Management Technician.

I would ask the STF or whatever they are called now. They should be able to find out. If not, ask your food ETL. If they dont know, have the STF ask their boss if they know where to order the wire baskets. If the STF boss doesnt know, have your food ETL contact the food business partner and ask them.
Our PMT has been asked multiple times in the past to take care of it and he hasn't gotten to it. Our ETL-Food is brand new and wouldn't know. Not sure he would bother trying to look it up either, knowing him.
I'll try again, though. Our ETL-Food is on the warpath, trying to get us to Brand so maybe he'll actually do it! *crosses fingers* *and toes* I'll utter that horrific word, "tetanus," to motivate him... *chuckles evilly*

So, these past 2 weeks when I have closed, my CTL has given me a list of things to do. I accomplish the majority of his list. The one thing I havent accomplished was the additional cleaning tasks he assigns to my close along with the closing cleaning tasks.

Now, like most of you, on a p fresh close, I have to zone some of market. In addition to p fresh, we have to zone the plastic storage bin aisle, the plastic bag aisle, and bread aisle to the pasta/pasta sauce aisle. I have to do these aisles along with zoning, culling, and filling p fresh. Lets not forget on one of my closes I have to do inventory with the p fresh order on my close

This past Monday, we had a TM whom never opened. Heck, he was never trained to open but was scheduled to open because our TL had time off. I came in to produce being near empty, meat being very light, eggs being near empty, banana table being empty and dry produce table being light. So I made a list and pulled (using the my device and not just taking stuff off the shelf like my TL has done in the past in order to save time) everything myself and pushed everything myself. I forgot to mention we had vecihles of backstock in each cooler. Anyways, he wanted me to clean a 4 by 4 section of milk. Those who have cleaned shelves know it takes time to pull everything off the shelves, clean the shelves, put items backo on shelves and repeat 4 more times. It takes up a lot of time, especially if the shelves are full. Yeah, I didnt cleaned those milk shelves, instead, I focused on filling, zoning, and culling. For those wondering, I worked 230-1030. I did my cleaning tasks from 545-6 and started my zone at 6 with the freezers.

Now on Thursday, my TL assigned me another cleaning task of cleaning shelves from our C9 (cream cheese to fresh meat). Now this day, I had to do the order. I did an inventory for the stuff we had in the backroom (I dont trust our system plus I know exactly what we have) for this order. I had to do the order along with filling produce, meat, dry produce and bakery. None of those sections were really full, especially bake. After the order, like Monday, I had to pull all the produce and meat myself along with pushing them myself. Getting the bakery was annoying. Backroom FINALLY made some room in the backroom so we can walk with a vehicle or two. So searching all the bake locations along with the other backstock vehicles for the bake I needed took awhile. The order and the filling took my up to 545 before I did my cleaning tasks. I started my zone at 6 with the freezers. So I didnt have time to clean any shelves on C9.

Please note, I left a note saying I didnt have time to do these cleaning tasks he assigned

Now yesterday, I come in to close again and he has a chat with me. He it is expected that all TM do the weekly and monthly cleaning tasks. He says I should have gotten those cleaning tasks completed. I tell him what I did Monday and Thursday. He says I should have gotten it all done. He says on his my closing night (his only closing day), he does all the filling, order, weekly/monthly cleaning along with the zoning. But what he does on his closes he stays 15-30 after his shift (according to people who closing with him). Also, when he does his order, he doesnt do an inventory. So he just orders what the system says to order. His orders are always off.

I have been closing p fresh since my store opened and this is the first time he said something like this.

Any advice? Whether it be dealing my TL or how am completing my closing tasks. Any help would be great .

So, these past 2 weeks when I have closed, my CTL has given me a list of things to do. I accomplish the majority of his list. The one thing I havent accomplished was the additional cleaning tasks he assigns to my close along with the closing cleaning tasks.

Now, like most of you, on a p fresh close, I have to zone some of market. In addition to p fresh, we have to zone the plastic storage bin aisle, the plastic bag aisle, and bread aisle to the pasta/pasta sauce aisle. I have to do these aisles along with zoning, culling, and filling p fresh. Lets not forget on one of my closes I have to do inventory with the p fresh order on my close

This past Monday, we had a TM whom never opened. Heck, he was never trained to open but was scheduled to open because our TL had time off. I came in to produce being near empty, meat being very light, eggs being near empty, banana table being empty and dry produce table being light. So I made a list and pulled (using the my device and not just taking stuff off the shelf like my TL has done in the past in order to save time) everything myself and pushed everything myself. I forgot to mention we had vecihles of backstock in each cooler. Anyways, he wanted me to clean a 4 by 4 section of milk. Those who have cleaned shelves know it takes time to pull everything off the shelves, clean the shelves, put items backo on shelves and repeat 4 more times. It takes up a lot of time, especially if the shelves are full. Yeah, I didnt cleaned those milk shelves, instead, I focused on filling, zoning, and culling. For those wondering, I worked 230-1030. I did my cleaning tasks from 545-6 and started my zone at 6 with the freezers.

Now on Thursday, my TL assigned me another cleaning task of cleaning shelves from our C9 (cream cheese to fresh meat). Now this day, I had to do the order. I did an inventory for the stuff we had in the backroom (I dont trust our system plus I know exactly what we have) for this order. I had to do the order along with filling produce, meat, dry produce and bakery. None of those sections were really full, especially bake. After the order, like Monday, I had to pull all the produce and meat myself along with pushing them myself. Getting the bakery was annoying. Backroom FINALLY made some room in the backroom so we can walk with a vehicle or two. So searching all the bake locations along with the other backstock vehicles for the bake I needed took awhile. The order and the filling took my up to 545 before I did my cleaning tasks. I started my zone at 6 with the freezers. So I didnt have time to clean any shelves on C9.

Please note, I left a note saying I didnt have time to do these cleaning tasks he assigned

Now yesterday, I come in to close again and he has a chat with me. He it is expected that all TM do the weekly and monthly cleaning tasks. He says I should have gotten those cleaning tasks completed. I tell him what I did Monday and Thursday. He says I should have gotten it all done. He says on his my closing night (his only closing day), he does all the filling, order, weekly/monthly cleaning along with the zoning. But what he does on his closes he stays 15-30 after his shift (according to people who closing with him). Also, when he does his order, he doesnt do an inventory. So he just orders what the system says to order. His orders are always off.

I have been closing p fresh since my store opened and this is the first time he said something like this.

Any advice? Whether it be dealing my TL or how am completing my closing tasks. Any help would be great .

I would tell him you cant sell product from the backroom. If there are a ton of outs then we need to fill that floor before anything else.

Although only cleaning just one four foot section probably doesnt take more than 30 minutes and you actually get a full shift for closing. My stores market closing shifts are like 3 or 3:30 til only 8 or 8:30 and we are expected to do the pulls, LOD walk filled out, fill milk/eggs/bananas, sometimes cover electronics breaks/lunches, 20-30 minute smart huddle at night, cull through yogurt/lunch meat, zone ALL of market which includes Coolers, Freezers, Pfrsh and dry market (32 aisles with 8 sections each and the entire backwall,

Also with helping guests who 90% of the time dont need help with anything actually IN market. One night had to help a guest in bikes and was talking a bit, had to fill the tires, noticed the chain wasnt even on correctly since i tried to ride it to see if the pressure was good enough and to see if the bike was actually assembled correctly, then wheeled it up front. Just the other night had to help clean up a mess from an older gal who vomited all over the cleaning aisle..ya that was fun...AND..time consuming

Last edited:
I'm the PA at my store, and I'm pretty much the only person on my team that cleans. Our market closing shifts are 2:30-7:30, which most of the time isn't enough time to do pulls, vibe, and get through and entire 36 aisle zone, household paper not included thank god. I ask my other market TMs (there are only three others, who are the closers. I always open.) to work on cleaning tasks if they have time, even if it's just something partial, but it never gets done.

There is no way humanly possible for me to complete everything that is needed to get done in a day and leave nothing but pulls and zone for the closer. I've been alternating my focus area just so I can get things accomplished. After morning routines, huddle, and flexing to fill the floor sometimes all I do is clean and work CAFs. Other days I focus on SDA entry. I may not have all the monthly cleaning or SDA tasks completed by the end of the month but I'll be pretty close.

My store really doesn't have the man power to keep up with everything. It's only going to get worse because I'm losing one TM to electronics and another just put in his 2 weeks. The third only works in market two times a week. HR let me know they are only looking to fill one position for market. -_-

I'm the PA at my store, and I'm pretty much the only person on my team that cleans. Our market closing shifts are 2:30-7:30, which most of the time isn't enough time to do pulls, vibe, and get through and entire 36 aisle zone, household paper not included thank god. I ask my other market TMs (there are only three others, who are the closers. I always open.) to work on cleaning tasks if they have time, even if it's just something partial, but it never gets done.

There is no way humanly possible for me to complete everything that is needed to get done in a day and leave nothing but pulls and zone for the closer. I've been alternating my focus area just so I can get things accomplished. After morning routines, huddle, and flexing to fill the floor sometimes all I do is clean and work CAFs. Other days I focus on SDA entry. I may not have all the monthly cleaning or SDA tasks completed by the end of the month but I'll be pretty close.

My store really doesn't have the man power to keep up with everything. It's only going to get worse because I'm losing one TM to electronics and another just put in his 2 weeks. The third only works in market two times a week. HR let me know they are only looking to fill one position for market. -_-
But at least you get to fill one...I don't think about the cleaning tasks they've never kept up with or think need done. It pisses me off. Non-food people need to be in charge of non-food things.

Back