Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

No 5 dollar coupons yet we have been qmosing less ever since hq sends us less meat.

We've been getting the opposite. We've been hammered with meat, deli, and produce. Dairy, not so much. Essentially, everything auto ordered in those three departments, we've been getting 2x that with the exception of a few items like salads or carrots. I won't complain, as I hate not having product.

Oh Jesus. That FAB bullshit is going to be a constant battle with the hours we have.

We set ours this morning, I like the change as it means will likely have twice as much produce on the floor, and twice as much less in the backroom.

I do expect our morning culls to take about twice as long however.

We set ours this morning, I like the change as it means will likely have twice as much produce on the floor, and twice as much less in the backroom.

I do expect our morning culls to take about twice as long however.

Were you able to get it done in the allotted time? Were you pushed product like the packet said? I kind of like the idea, but it's going to be a lot of culling and waste. Sure, product may sit in the back, but it's cool in there, and less susceptible to rot like it will be on the floor. Stone fruit is going to be a loss leader.

@Produce Queen, it's a new set up that requires us to put product underneath tables to create a visual of freshness in produce. We will be keeping more product on hand, in general. BEP could tell you much more.

What is FAB?
Its a new Pilot for some PFresh stores, doubled the size of our produce table, while separating bakery into two different sections making the Bakery table smaller..

We have about twice as much produce on the floor in PFresh than we did before, with new fresh herbs to choose from.
FAB is just Targets terrible acronym for this new Pilot. It seems as though a lot of our usually seasonal items will be here to stay, (Mangos/Pineapples/Grapefruits etc).

We know have a full 8 feet for just bagged Salads as well, which actually looks quite nicer. All of the Naked Drinks, etc. have moved to a new permanent front End Cap as well.

Its a new Pilot for some PFresh stores, doubled the size of our produce table, while separating bakery into two different sections making the Bakery table smaller..

We have about twice as much produce on the floor in PFresh than we did before, with new fresh herbs to choose from.
FAB is just Targets terrible acronym for this new Pilot. It seems as though a lot of our usually seasonal items will be here to stay, (Mangos/Pineapples/Grapefruits etc).

We know have a full 8 feet for just bagged Salads as well, which actually looks quite nicer. All of the Naked Drinks, etc. have moved to a new permanent front End Cap as well.
We aren't piloting FAB, but our promo endcap is permanently the suja juices along with a lot of other fancy juices and coffees, we have 8 feet of salads, the naked juices/kombucha/bolt house is our produce lead-in, and we carry the tropical fruit year round. We've had most of these changes for somewhere between 6 months and a year now.

We aren't piloting FAB, but our promo endcap is permanently the suja juices along with a lot of other fancy juices and coffees, we have 8 feet of salads, the naked juices/kombucha/bolt house is our produce lead-in, and we carry the tropical fruit year round. We've had most of these changes for somewhere between 6 months and a year now.

Naked/Kombucha/Bolthouse is now permanently and end cap for and is no longer our lead in (which is nice, two less Sales planners I have to do). I'd imagine the tropical fruit depends on your location as Pineapples/Mangos, etc I would imagine would sell better in a place such as Florida in the Winter than a Northern State.

Did anyone get their $4 and $5 coupons to start the new meat couponing malarky this week? They didn't show up in my store yet.
Can't wait to see how long it takes to re-train everyone about when to pull the meat off the floor. And now uncooked bacon and sausage are to be couponed?
You just know whoever came up with this plan at corporate got a huge bonus. "We'll save so much money in qmos'd meat. So what if it takes TM's longer to cull and guests notice meat dated the same day is on the SF."
:rolleyes:
No coupons yet for my store. I asked my TL but she hadn't heard anything yet either.

I've noticed a decrease in QMOS in meat since we started couponing two days earlier. It's more work, but less losses is a win for everyone. I'm thankful we have a lot of budget shoppers who look for that kind of stuff.

We still have not received the high dollar coupons, same as you.
I've also noticed a decrease in fresh meat qmos. We've have received the coupons.

I wish they would use coupons for the produce, to decrease the waste of food.

Last edited:
I've also noticed a decrease in fresh meat qmos. We've have received the coupons.

I wish they would use coupons for the produce, to decrease the waste of food.

I agree. Previous team members tell me it's a waste of time -- no one buys expiring produce, but I'd like to see it for myself.

nah i figured it'd be best to find consumables TL on facebook and tell her.

I got a "bye felicia" in response

Does anyone else have those green triangle shaped aisle boards? This past transition split up my olive oil and vinager and their listed on the same insert. There's a couple more that I would like to acquire to reduce guest confusion. I nor my signing ninja know how to order these.

Hi! I worked in Market as a Market TM member for two years (though I did pretty much everything the PA did without the pay.) I'm looking for some advice from PA's who have gone through team lead interviews. I was hired recently at Kmart in hardlines and they just got moved up an org chart and added a grocery team lead and I applied so I was just hoping to bounce some situations I had in mind for the interview to make sure I was on point and maybe some you used. Also maybe some of the questions you were asked during your interview (if you remember them. I did a search for kmart team lead questions and wasn't able to find much, so even if I was able to get an idea of some questions they might ask.)

They did the milk transition at my store yesterday, and it looked nice and full -- lots of Silk Cashew Milk (Plain, Chocolate, and Vanilla).

Today's C+S meat pallet featured five boxes of new meats -- I suppose they're going to be doing a revision in meat soon (what with the "Manager's Special" Space and $4/$5 coupons for fresh meat markdowns). For anyone who cares:

268-12-0006 Cajun-Style Beef Steaks
268-12-0007 Teriyaki Beef Steaks
268-12-0008 Bourbon Barbecue Seasoned Beef Steaks
268-12-0009 Basil Pesto Chicken Breasts
268-12-0010 Honey Sriracha Chicken Breasts

They were all six per case.

And we're finally caught up with composting...

Last edited:
They did the milk transition at my store yesterday, and it looked nice and full -- lots of Silk Cashew Milk (Plain, Chocolate, and Vanilla).

Today's C+S meat pallet featured five boxes of new meats -- I suppose they're going to be doing a revision in meat soon (what with the "Manager's Special" Space and $4/$5 coupons for fresh meat markdowns). For anyone who cares:

They are, I think in both meat meat and deli meat

We got the new beef steaks, but not the new chicken. No one ever really buys those meats in the bag from what I have noticed. People complain it's not enough meat for the price.

Nobody buys the goddamn Archer Farm meat according to my TL. She tells me to coupon Archer Farm meats as soon as we get them.

What do you guys suggest is the best way to go about solving the issue of the freezer always being full? Get people to push the cart and make them backstock it? As soon as I actually get changed as PA in the system (Gotta talk to HR tomorrow to get the ball rolling because I think my STL is trying to fuck me over by not actually getting me coded as PA) I want to solve the freezer issue and try to make it not happen in the future.

On a side note, what week do the freezer revisions happen?

Push it and back stock it the same day. Make sure research is done thoroughly. I've had to do EXF batches several times to reduce inventory.

I've been known to grab a PDA and LOCU Waco's every other month or so just to push product and get some date rotation going. Works great for produce and lunch meat. We call it The Purge: Target.

Push it and back stock it the same day. Make sure research is done thoroughly. I've had to do EXF batches several times to reduce inventory.

I've been known to grab a PDA and LOCU Waco's every other month or so just to push product and get some date rotation going. Works great for produce and lunch meat. We call it The Purge: Target.

Produce and lunch meat is easy. Those are in the coolers and I have no trouble with those.

I just mean the freezy freezer. Bakery and all that. I have no trouble with bakery stuff, they put it in the wacos near the door, I just need advice on how to actually work on a system with the backroom TL that would help minimize all the backstock being left over.

Back