Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Not to derail any convo but am curious. Our new market TL said we dont have to defect out cold and frozen as long as it hasnt left the store. And as long as it feela cold. Now. I may not woek in market but I am sure in my training for food it says to defect out because we dont know how long its been out of temp.
This team lead has been putting food backnin coolers and freezers from guest carts and checklane returns. Is this a new thing or is this petson going to get our store in serious trouble?

Not to derail any convo but am curious. Our new market TL said we dont have to defect out cold and frozen as long as it hasnt left the store. And as long as it feela cold. Now. I may not woek in market but I am sure in my training for food it says to defect out because we dont know how long its been out of temp.
This team lead has been putting food backnin coolers and freezers from guest carts and checklane returns. Is this a new thing or is this petson going to get our store in serious trouble?

If you don't know how long it's been out, policy is to pitch it. In reality you could get your stick thermometer and a cup of ice water and temp it.

I'd report them, though, to an etl. They are going to get someone sick.

Thank you both alot. This team lead hasnt been here long so im going to speak to our SD about it. I dont like the company or thr management but risking someone getting really sick is not ok.

I've seen yogurt go out of temperature quick and still be "cold"

Yesterday we had to refuse two dairy pallets and two produce pallets because they were too warm. We accepted one dairy, two freezer, and a candy. Today C&S came back and delivered six pallets. I’m not sure why they decided to deliver an extra dairy and candy pallet on top of the ones we refused.

Can someone in a p-fresh store tell me how they schedule their teams that include getting 1v1s and truck done for both rdc/FCC? You can message me but I want to see your task lists too

Can someone in a p-fresh store tell me how they schedule their teams that include getting 1v1s and truck done for both rdc/FCC? You can message me but I want to see your task lists too
Our Pfresh doesn’t touch the RDC truck. Our FDC trucks are 650 to 900. We have Pfresh 6 to 1 on truck days and 6 to 11 on non truck days. Pfresh does all the pulls for dairy and frozen also so the dairy and freezer person just push. We have a dairy guy only on truck days 11 to 5. The freezer guy comes in twice a week 11 to 5. Pfresh keeps all cooler/freezer swept and mopped.
I am Pfresh and do all the 1 for 1’s. On truck days I usually don’t complete them and catch up on the non truck days.

I’m pretty sure the food and safety training stillssays 30 minutes or less.
So if you have a uboat out longer than 30 minutes it all needs defected.

Only for open boxes should one consider that silly 30-minute rule which is strictly a Target rule not an actual lawful health code rule. Unopened cardboard boxes can maintain cold temps for quite a long time especially the freezer cases. Cardboard is a decent insulator. I have come across more than a few people who applied this Target rule to unopened cases and I have told them to open up the box and temp it. Surprise surprise it is still fine. If grocery stores followed that 30-minute rule even for opened cases they would be throwing out a lot of product every night and I frankly trust the freshness of a grocery store over any Target any day.

Once it leaves the confines of the department and someone has not personally watched it through its travels, it is considered disposable (freezer,dairy). For possible direct contact foods like cut meats, it should really be gotten rid of regardless. It can pick up bacterial growth from carts, regardless if the carts are Microban protected or not (Microban only limits certain bacteria that can emit foul smells (sulfur-producing)) I have seen people put meat right next to chemicals in their cart without even an afterthought, so yeah there is that too.

Last edited:
Why don’t my chalkboard sign clips not stay???? It’s driving me crazy. I get them on and they literally pop off and fly into the air. The clip part isn’t wide enough. Are there different sizes? Does anyone have a part # for the right clip?
This picture is from the Internet. NMS.

Attachments

• BB56B9AA-9846-4513-9CC3-49E6C519AA24.jpeg
    BB56B9AA-9846-4513-9CC3-49E6C519AA24.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 26
Why don’t my chalkboard sign clips not stay???? It’s driving me crazy. I get them on and they literally pop off and fly into the air. The clip part isn’t wide enough. Are there different sizes? Does anyone have a part # for the right clip?
This picture is from the Internet. NMS.

Clip them to the black plastic tray so the clip part is horizontal, then tip the sign up.

Same here NO more wicker baskets. We still have one for the cucumbers
They took ours away a few years ago too but I need some organization. I am using the cucumber box for cucumbers, a cutie box for the broccoli. I wanted something better like the picture.

Anyone know if team member discount works with EBT. Asking for a relative.
TM discount works with EBT as long as non-EBT-eligible items are paid for with eligible payment types - i.e. cash, cheque, Target credit union card or Redcard. However, is the "relative" a Target TM or spouse/dependent non-adult child of a Target TM eligible for a TM discount?

It’s definitely tricky especially during summer when sales are slower. Even Starbucks hasn’t been that busy since it reopened. I over ordered on half and half and will have to give back three cases. I usually take the number 16 (crates) and subtract it with the number of crates that I have in the backroom. (I.E. If I have 24 cases of 2% and subtract 16, this give me 8 crates or 32 gallons) This seems to give me a number that works for Whole and 2%. During Christmas time and winter, I usually increase the number to 24 or higher. For Skim and 1%, I aim for a maximum of 6 crates (24 gallons) at a time since these tend to sell the least. Ultimately, though, you just have to figure out through trial and error what number works best for you.

Back