Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Anyone have a good formula for ordering milk? I order too much or not enough.
Be consistent and see how busy Starbucks is they take a lot of my 2% good and gather gallons. I keep the same order all the time.
we get milk 3 times a week Monday Wednesday Friday. Order for full cases and 1 stack of six high That’s 24 gallons.

Also I take milk off 3 days in advance and donate it Guest are not going to buy it and it’s still good for donation.

Last edited:
Be consistent and see how busy Starbucks is they take a lot of my 2% good and gather gallons. I keep the same order all the time.
we get milk 3 times a week Monday Wednesday Friday. Order for full cases and 1 stack of six high That’s 24 gallons.

Also I take milk off 3 days in advance and donate it Guest are not going to buy it and it’s still good for donation.
Wait y’all can donate milk!?

Wait y’all can donate milk!?

We're Pfresh and our vendor orders and picks up. I don't donate--the vendor gives us credit so why would I?

I do have to get on them every so often because they underorder all the time. They only order to fill the shelf once and sell through the shelf four times a week (and get two deliveries). Also kicked out their merchandiser because he screamed at like four people one day.

We're Pfresh and our vendor orders and picks up. I don't donate--the vendor gives us credit so why would I?

I do have to get on them every so often because they underorder all the time. They only order to fill the shelf once and sell through the shelf four times a week (and get two deliveries). Also kicked out their merchandiser because he screamed at like four people one day.
Yeah that’s the same at our store. Under orders way too often and their excuse is they have to pick up too much. If they can just donate it then he wouldn’t have to pick any up and they could order more.

We donate cause the milk vendor will just end up tossing it. Vendor says for us to donate it so it goes to a good cause instead of down the drain.

Wait we can donate milk? To the same people that takes other food donations or what? I thought the milk man takes them back because that's what we do and put it in the crate. I was not aware we could donate milk. We're constantly throwing them or sending them back.

Wait we can donate milk? To the same people that takes other food donations or what? I thought the milk man takes them back because that's what we do and put it in the crate. I was not aware we could donate milk. We're constantly throwing them or sending them back.
ASANTS. So just ask your supervisors if it’s possible to donate the milk cause the vendor is just going to pour it down the drain. Then ask your donate people if they will take the milk.

Huh. This is interesting to me. Do you guys just text your milk rep your order every delivery or how does that work? For my store its done for me by the milk DC I'm assuming. It's usually decently accurate.

I would love to control the order though lol. Knowing exactly whats coming, would be just like liqour.

Huh. This is interesting to me. Do you guys just text your milk rep your order every delivery or how does that work? For my store its done for me by the milk DC I'm assuming. It's usually decently accurate.

I would love to control the order though lol. Knowing exactly whats coming, would be just like liqour.
i call the Deans Dairy hotline in Texas and I'm in the northeast united states. ! 888 215-7619 press 1 for english then 1 for a real person. then give them my customer number located on the FAX top right 6 digit number.
then they verify address and then i give them the quantity i want follow by their item number.

Is anyone else getting massive dairy deliveries on weekends? Since the end of the panic buying, we’ve been getting in at least four pallets of dairy C&S on Fridays. I’d be ok with this but it seems like there is a lot of excessive product and if is challenging to finish it with the one for ones. For example, too much yogurt and cheeses. I’ve had to donate lots of yogurt and eggs because it was nearing its expiration date. I guess Spot doesn’t want to run out of anything but it seems ridiculous. Our other two delivery days seem normal. I was able to complete an audit so hopefully some on hands will be updated.

Last edited:
Is anyone else getting massive dairy deliveries on weekends? Since the end of the panic buying, we’ve been getting in at least four pallets of dairy C&S on Fridays. I’d be ok with this but it seems like there is a lot of excessive product and if is challenging to finish it with the one for ones. For example, too much yogurt and cheeses. I’ve had to donate lots of yogurt and eggs because it was nearing its expiration date. I guess Spot doesn’t want to run out of anything but it seems ridiculous. Our other two delivery days seem normal. I was able to complete an audit so hopefully some on hands will be updated.
Ur store may still be slowly transitioning. We get 6 to 8 pallets every other day, so we try to finish everything for 2 days before the next load. We also stopped locating things. Everything is on green racks and so that also means u have to know where things are. We separate meat, dairy, produce, just so we know where things are. It's working for us.

Anyone else having trouble changing price for TPC temporary price cut ??
Where it used to say price change is only a red exclamation point.
I just want to extend my TPC on peaches plums and nectarines.

Anyone else having trouble changing price for TPC temporary price cut ??
Where it used to say price change is only a red exclamation point.
I just want to extend my TPC on peaches plums and nectarines.

I had the same problem with watermelon. It finally worked 2 days later.

i just found out that if we update our sales floor count to zero even though its stocked up on the sales floor, people can't order this product online and itll show 'limited quantity.'
it also wont sell any products that are unpushed overstock in the backroom coolers.
they want us to update and audit counts on the sales floor at least 4 times a week so people can order online. its an additional annoying task thats extra hour taken away from our pushing load for pfresh and freezer.

Back