Is This Something Worth Reporting?

At my store the soaps in all the bathrooms (save maybe 1-2 in the main bathroom) & breakroom will go 2-3 days without getting replaced. Recently I asked my PML if there was anyway the cleaning crew could replace the soaps because I had noticed that all the bathrooms were out and it had been a few days since there was any soap.

She said that “replacing soap isn’t on the cleaning crew’s priority list.” My store has had 4 COVID positives in the last week. I’m not saying that the lack of soap caused the spread, but it certainly doesn’t help that the one thing that’s been proven to kill the virus consistently is always out at my store. Not to mention hygiene and such matters. Is this something I should report, or what do you think should happen?

EDIT: My department has stashed a giant bottle of hand sanitizer in the back room so we don’t walk around with literal germs on our hand.

At my store the soaps in all the bathrooms (save maybe 1-2 in the main bathroom) & breakroom will go 2-3 days without getting replaced. Recently I asked my PML if there was anyway the cleaning crew could replace the soaps because I had noticed that all the bathrooms were out and it had been a few days since there was any soap.

She said that “replacing soap isn’t on the cleaning crew’s priority list.” My store has had 4 COVID positives in the last week. I’m not saying that the lack of soap caused the spread, but it certainly doesn’t help that the one thing that’s been proven to kill the virus consistently is always out at my store. Not to mention hygiene and such matters. Is this something I should report, or what do you think should happen?
Remind them that they will fail ecolab and I bet they will start caring.

your PML sucks along with the other half in position!! Lazy MF's that do not care, only guest complaints, violations, or work orders will make them follow through with being "pro" active with what the store/team/guest needs require for them! good luck! Next modernization task, end "lack" of work ethic....

Per msrg housekeeping is only responsible for stocking soap and paper towels in the restrooms every morning.
The breakroom and food service areas are to be stocked by a store team member assigned by the sd and the cart attendant or fos team should be checking restrooms every hour.

Seems like your public health department would have something to say about this, and repeated complaints about your store might even warrant an inspection and a fine. I'd report it to someone (PML at my store) and I'm surprised that no guests have complained about it. (Guest complaints will always generate a better response than TM complaints.) It's just gross to not have soap in the restrooms.

I think there is more to this event, then we know. Maybe a troll?
Unfortunately this is an actual encounter I’ve had at my store. Managers and ETLs alike dislike our PML. There have been quite a few complaints about her to the SD in regards to leaving things unfixed for days.

Our store recently began a remodel and so the main guest bathrooms were closed today and an “Executive Bathroom” was brought in and placed outside the door, so that soaps issue is no longer as bad. However the TM bathroom in the back room and the CVS Pharmacy bathrooms, as well as the breakroom still remain empty.

Trust me, I wish I was trolling about hand soap, but people are gross.

Unfortunately this is an actual encounter I’ve had at my store. Managers and ETLs alike dislike our PML. There have been quite a few complaints about her to the SD in regards to leaving things unfixed for days.

Our store recently began a remodel and so the main guest bathrooms were closed today and an “Executive Bathroom” was brought in and placed outside the door, so that soaps issue is no longer as bad. However the TM bathroom in the back room and the CVS Pharmacy bathrooms, as well as the breakroom still remain empty.

Trust me, I wish I was trolling about hand soap, but people are gross.
You did not tell us about the remodel at your store.
Here are trailers we got during our remodel.

Attachments

• IMG_0550.PNG
    IMG_0550.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
Back