Archived Is Walmart really Cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. The last time I bought towels, they came out a raveled, snarled mess after the first wash BY THEMSELVES.
The stitching came out of some sheets, too.
Other items like laundry baskets, toilet brushes, etc are ok.
It's really hard to screw up basic plastics, I'll give them that.

Also unless you literally live in the midwest with a town of 20k, there are generally cheaper options for groceries. This is especially true in the Northwest. Wal-marts prices here in Portland compared to say...Win-co and Freddies is just outright hilarious. And their meats are always super questionable every time I have to shop there. Plus I never trust electronics from their store unless it's the exact same model number from other major retailers.

Last edited:
I think prices are generally comparable to Walmart. The big thing is even a non supercenter Walmart carries more than Target. For example, Target's automotive section is a laughing stock, while a regular Walmart has like 5 aisles of it.

I think we should just start wearing men's khakis because there always seems to be ample supply in their section lol.

I did that for a while. The slim fit msc chino was a great fit. We don't carry them in store anymore and my size changed. I was gonna try H26 or the Merona folded but they're not cheap enough. The men's pants are more durable too. I don't think my thighs would've burned those friction holes in them as soon as my women's ones did. It was about 1 year for msc and dickies from wally but I wore the dickies more often because they fit so nice. I ripped 5 pairs of pants over the course of a week. It was awful. That's what initially led me to the men chino.

Isn't that being a little judgmental? Maybe the less fortunate shop at Wal Mart because Target isn't exactly nice when it comes to food stamps. I'm not saying Wal Mart is perfect and I've been to Wal Mart before and most of the time, the stores are dirty and busy but that's part of the experience. :p

I use my food stamps at target but I hide my card lol. And I don't go to certain cashiers. One cashier after I used ebt pulled my receipt out then stared it down like I think he was looking at my balance. I always try to make food stamp guests I deal with feel comfortable.

Idk about any other stores of course but a bunch of my coworkers are super snooty and look down their noses at poverty and Walmart and such. I forgot to pull a little price sticker off my butt once and got to work and everyone was like "ooh those pants look so good on you! You get them from here?" Then someone saw my butt sticker and was all "13.88!?!? From where?" Then everyone switched to "oh. I don't shop there" when I said Walmart lol. Idc who shops where but the hint of we're better than you that was in their voices was offensive. For some of us shopping isn't political. Its about nothing more than what I can afford today... And who has rice krispies treat cereal.

Also the rules to get that USDA organic sticker don't really uphold the intentions behind the organic movement. There's even a list of acceptable pesticides and fertilizers to still grant the sticker. You'd be better off going to a local farmer than any grocery store if you're concerned about it because you can ask the farmer what methods they use.

I use my food stamps at target but I hide my card lol. And I don't go to certain cashiers. One cashier after I used ebt pulled my receipt out then stared it down like I think he was looking at my balance. I always try to make food stamp guests I deal with feel comfortable.

Idk about any other stores of course but a bunch of my coworkers are super snooty and look down their noses at poverty and Walmart and such. I forgot to pull a little price sticker off my butt once and got to work and everyone was like "ooh those pants look so good on you! You get them from here?" Then someone saw my butt sticker and was all "13.88!?!? From where?" Then everyone switched to "oh. I don't shop there" when I said Walmart lol. Idc who shops where but the hint of we're better than you that was in their voices was offensive. For some of us shopping isn't political. Its about nothing more than what I can afford today... And who has rice krispies treat cereal.

Also the rules to get that USDA organic sticker don't really uphold the intentions behind the organic movement. There's even a list of acceptable pesticides and fertilizers to still grant the sticker. You'd be better off going to a local farmer than any grocery store if you're concerned about it because you can ask the farmer what methods they use.

Absolutely. Some people like myself just like making better choices. It makes me feel good. I'm very careful to what I consume or put on my body. It's one of the only real choices we have left. I don't trust cheap stuff. There has to be a reason why it's cheap you know.

I use food stamps too. But in picky what I spend it on. I would not mind if junk was banned on food stamps. People feel like it's their right to buy whatever they want on ebt. Well I don't think pop is food. Nor a candy bar.

The consequences of eating crap is real. Big pharma makes tons of money off the diseases they cause. And a lot of people on government assistance don't care because they get their health bill paid for too.

I'd rather do better today then suffer later. I'm happy I do have plenty of places where I live to buy local and grow produce........

"Better" is always something that is subjective. I'm just saying there are multiple schools of thought with regard to what is and isn't healthful. I personally practice moderation in everything because my mental health is just as important as the physical health and no junk food would be like... Why would I even live lol? If I'm not enjoying life, might as well off myself. What I put into my body is my business though.

Also I never actually mentioned anything regarding what things I buy with ebt (and still haven't) in the post you quoted, so Idk where that came from.... ?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Better" is always something that is subjective. I'm just saying there are multiple schools of thought with regard to what is and isn't healthful. I personally practice moderation in everything because my mental health is just as important as the physical health and no junk food would be like... Why would I even live lol? If I'm not enjoying life, might as well off myself. What I put into my body is my business though.

Also I never actually mentioned anything regarding what things I buy with ebt (and still haven't) in the post you quoted, so Idk where that came from.... ?

I wasn't referring to you. I'm referring to a lot of people I've known who have ebt. They feel like they can buy whatever.

As someone who worked at a gas station that took ebt, I know lots of people taking advantage of the system (dumbasses who think it's cool to sell their stamps) and people who spend all their money on junk everyday. Literally.

And believe me I'm no saint. Because I grew up in a house where pop was restocked as much as milk, I have bad habits too. But believe me, I've cut down so much because I know how shitty it makes me feel.

Bruh... Walmart has sheet cake? I hate cake lol but what does Walmart not have!? I know this wasn't the intention but I am wowed every time I find out Walmart has something else I never knew they had. My area's first super Walmart is only a couple months old, so I'm ignorant about some of it

Bruh... Walmart has sheet cake? I hate cake lol but what does Walmart not have!? I know this wasn't the intention but I am wowed every time I find out Walmart has something else I never knew they had. My area's first super Walmart is only a couple months old, so I'm ignorant about some of it
The supers have a full bakery. Free cake for first birthday for your kids, if they still do it.

facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back