Archived Is Walmart really Cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
I wasn't sure where to put this but I'm wondering...I always hear people say this. Do you think it's true?

I feel like you get what you pay for...

From a year ago. So yes, it's more expensive by 2 or 3% but the REDcard makes it less expensive.

This person has been comparing shopping between the two for the past three years. Pretty much reached the same conclusion.

There are dozens of these if you google "Walmart vs Target prices."

My store is always higher on things vs other Targets though. I'm not sure why. We serve the ritzy suburbs but we also serve the poorer city neighborhoods.

Walmart has this trick of making companies create products just for them so other stores can't price match and they can undercut in terms of price.
So a company that makes pickles for example with have to make a special jar for Walmart if they want that market (and they do because it's so huge) which is cheaper and bigger than the other stores sell.
This gives Walmart the edge and in some cases has really hurt the companies that have had to provide the products to them.

That is also why I'm glad my city has unit pricing laws. It's easy to compare when the labels say "$.89 per pound" vs "1.09 per pound" right on the label. When I cross city lines I'm lost.

Well I'm one of those picky shoppers. Meaning I try to buy mostly Organic and All Natural products. Especially soaps, hair products ect. I realized after cutting out products with Sulfates and Parabens ect...that the old products actually made me feel really crappy (Itchy scalp, Dry skin.)

So I know these products are expensive and even if I didn't have the Target TM discount I think I'd still buy the products from there because of the Redcard and Cartwheel savings combined.

I really hate the people who complain in the baby section about price though. I just want to tell them, "Hey, YOU chose to have a Baby! Be angry with yourself for having a Child you could not Afford!"

I have found that Wal - mart is cheaper on some things. However, for me personally I would rather pay a lil more and not have to deal with the hassle of Wally World. If there was a Super Spot closer...I would never venture to Wally World again !

Wal Mart is cheaper and has a better food selection and more things you can do but you still have to go to Wal Mart. :p. It would be cool if you could get a ceiling fan, spray paint, oil change and/or tires, and burgers from McDonald's at Target.:D

But can you get your car's oil changed? Can you get cigarettes, ceiling fans, and spray paint at Target?

For most things it is cheaper for sure. Some stuff there's a definite quality difference, other stuff the quality in both stores is not amazing so why spend more. Also Wally has rice krispies treat cereal and other stuff we just don't have because Walmart is gigantic and target is not (I have a super wally in the area as of like January but even prior to that wm was a little bigger than my tgt)

Buuut, if you have a discount, red card, cartwheel coupons, Rx rewards (where applicable) or any combo of those, tgt usually will come out cheaper for team members.

I don't know why everyone finds it mind-boggling that we don't sell things like MoneyGrams, cigarettes or postage stamps. There is a reason we don't sell those items. We are trying to portray an image. Walmart doesn't care about image.

Lol.. What image does postage stamp selling portray?

"Sorry we don't cater to the types of people who still send snail mail" - Targét (pronounced tarzhay). Lol I honestly dk who actually sells stamps other than the post office because I haven't bought stamps in 5 years.

Always have what the guest wants, for the most part.

Wal-Mart is just nasty. I've only been into one Wal-Mart in my life and thought to myself "Boy, this is clean." Ontop of the rude customer service, the prices are rarely better than what I find at Target or the local grocery store. I'd never buy anything electronic or automotive related from Wal-Mart. I haven't been in a Wal-Mart in two years. I should get a healthcare discount.

The wally near us went thru a serious upgrade so they're full groc but I still prefer to get most of my produce from a groc store. It's cheaper than Wally or Spot & better quality.
If I need something like a toilet brush or curtain rings (where quality or decor isn't a factor), I'll go to Wally.
If I want something of quality that will last (sheets, towels, etc), I shop my store.
Prices around here between the two are six of one, half doz of the other.

I agree with redeye on this one. It's give and take. Yeah I could get my soaps and stuff cheaper at Walmart but if I wanted say ... Just a pair of jeans or a cute but cheap blouse, I'd buy from target. So quality over quantity for sure.
Plus where I live,there's only one Walmart for 20 miles I believe and the check out is faster at target bc of the responders.

Wal Mart has vending machines and an arcade. You can get Sam's choice soda in a can for like a dollar.

I feel like every time there's a Walmart thread everyone has had the worst dirtiest Walmart experience ever possible lol. Except me.

But basically just like we say all stores are not the same when it comes to how our stores are run, the same is true for wally.

Wally still has khakis out this time of year apparently. I bought some last week for $15. $3 red tees too. It's funny when the guests are looking for khakis and I have to tell then we don't have any and that I got mine from wm lol. Oh well. Idk how to save that sale because we don't even have khakis on the website for women last I looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back