• Thread starter Pfreshbackroomguy
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on two things.

Is your ETL decent?
If so, than you can outlast the smeghead because his crap will catch up with him just like HLM said.
You do your job well, stay out of his crosshairs and make sure the ETL knows where you stand, everything will be fine.

The problem is if your ETL is also a smeghead or basically clueless.
In that case you might wind up eating dreck for a very long time.
The question will become if you can outlast him or if you're willing to keep putting up with it.

Wait until the cookie crumbles.

Hm... If the ETL is just as much of a bust, try the STL if they are any better.

[SUB][/SUB]
I have a new CTL who got promoted from TM (he worked in electronics). A few weeks later, he got promoted to SR TL when we are down 1 PA and 1 TM in p fresh. We have 3 1/2 people (including me) working in p fresh. 1/2 a person is my CTL who only works 2 p fresh shifts a week.

I am having issues with the guy. He doesnt seem to have any focus on p fresh. Even though I have told him how important cleaning is, he has yet to do ANY weekly or monthly cleaning tasks since he started in mid September. When we have time to clean (when there is an over lap), he has us focus on dry market stuff instead of p fresh. Even with one person, he has us focus on dry when there are CAFs pull pilling up. I have told the boss many times we need ice and he had yet to order ice (no ice since mid September). He thinks the entire p fresh team is responsible for getting all of dry markets end caps done. The other day, he told me he wants me to complete ALL of his dry market "holiday end caps". He said he wont be able to get it done due to his LOD duties. I wont be able to due all his end caps because I have the p fresh routines plus the p fresh end caps and I only work 4 shifts next week (2 are closing shifts). This guy treats p fresh like its hardlines. He doesnt prioritize. He makes others do his job.

As you know I am a PA. I am the only PA at my store. So on Sunday when I was not their, my CTL made a regular market team member do the p fresh order. He told the market team member he has to do it from now on and it is now part of his responsibilities. This market team member is not a PA and does not want to be a PA.

And then there was this incident

The other day, he asked me if I could open next Tuesday. I told him. I could not because I have plans. He asked me again and I again told I couldn’t because I have plans. Here is what he said in response to my 2nd response that was highly inappropriate “Ok. Well the next time I need to ask about something like this, I will already know the answer”. This is the first time he asked me about a swap since he was been my boss and he said that. I know what that means and it means he is calling me a liar without directly saying it. I have a history of helping people out in my department, which he didnt bother to find out.

Advice on what to do?

FYI, my etl has been on vacation for the past 2 weeks and is due back Monday

Not to sound rude and I do agree with what you are saying but why dont you just order the ice? I have had to do that multiple times and its pretty easy. The only time I dont is when im not sure if my CTL has ordered it or not but even then they can still check if you call them.

As far as endcaps. Is my store the only store in the company who has plano do the endcaps in market/pfresh? We are lower volume but from what ive read on here this doesnt seem to be the case in almost every store and my store is an exception.

I only open 1-2 times a week and would never have time to do all the endcaps. Heck, I dont even have much time for cleaning on the days that I open because I always have alot of additonal work that isnt done on other days.

I would say alot of people would not make it as a CTL. I still believe it is one of if not THE hardest TL position in stores. How did this guy go from being just promoted to TL from TM and then to a senior in that short of a time. Dont they have to wait a little bit before promoting from TL to Senior TL?

As far as staffing goes I feel ya. Right now the market team at my store consists of the CTL who opens 5 times a week, alternating opening weekends. 2 PAs and 1 Market TM. The market TM closes 4-5 times a week in pfresh. 1 of the PAs now only works 1-2 shifts of market every week, usually closing and then works C+S 1-2 times and then other workcenters twice a week. And then I usually open tuesday and saturday/sunday depending when my CTL is off for the weekend and close 2-3 times a week. Both of us PAs work C+S as well.

I think in one of the recent schedules I had 2 C+S shifts and the other PA had 2 C+S shifts. Leaving 1 market shift for him and 3 for me for a grand total of 4 total market shifts between both of us. I joked to the other PA that our market TM is in pfresh more than we are combined which is probably true somehow and sad.

Last edited:
And this is why best practice says that CTLs are not to be SrTLs. They have too many responsibilities already. To be adding 2-3 LOD shifts a week is just ludicrous.

My ctl is srtl & does a great job. No issues or conflicts with them. Now, the other srtl in hl, too much to write about them.

Hopefully your ETL takes some action. Reading this makes me so incredibly thankful for the CTL that I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back