It’s been less than a month…

Yeah, so stores are bad, but keep in mind pretty much anywhere else you want to get a part-time job like this is going to be similarly insane.

Don't expect to get everything done. Do what you can, make sure you work with your leaders on priorities (eg. freight vs zone vs reshop) and go home at the end of your shift and forget about it all until your next shift. Odds are if you show up for all of your shifts and spend most of them actually working you'll be a head and shoulders above many of your coworkers, so don't worry too much about being fired. Do your job. Get paid. Don't stress about things that are beyond your control.

Why all the re-shop? Compulsive buying then guilt response? OCD? Boredom? Lazy?
c
Closed fitting rooms for so long most people just got accustomed to buying, trying at home, and returning if it didnt fit, I would imagine. Its how you litteraly had to do it for 2 years.

Why all the re-shop? Compulsive buying then guilt response? OCD? Boredom? Lazy?
c

Closed fitting rooms for so long most people just got accustomed to buying, trying at home, and returning if it didnt fit, I would imagine. Its how you litteraly had to do it for 2 years.
Plus, a lot of it is abandoned merch found by other TMs that gets tossed into the reshop at Guest Services. And stuff guests decide not to buy at the checklanes.

So Style gets hit from all sides - returns, abandons and fitting room try-ons.

Last edited:
Good where are you going?
Gonna be working at a Auto Shop doing property maintenance and helping mechanics here and there. Gotta see how it goes it’ll be a tough job in a way especially being in the heat but I might be much happier there than being at Target dealing with bs almost everyday.

Back in the day at my store the LOD had to push a cart around, pick up reshop and return it to the department of origin. It worked well but fell by the wayside when the new SD came.🙁
Stores dont do this? We do this a couple and sometimes several times a day. Early shift does it and sorts it into carriages for our reshop person. During the day someone does it again and have gs sort it since theres usually more people at that time. Usually its the ETLs when they do there brand walks.

I have a full-time “day job” in healthcare that I love, but with all the price increases, I decided to go ahead and get a second job. I’ve worked at several different Targets in the past and enjoyed my time there, so I decided to start with applying at my local store and seeing what happens.

I was quickly hired for Style, which was perfect because it’s exactly what I wanted. (I used to be a Level II in shoes back in the day, so I’m comfortable with softlines.)

That was less than a month ago. I have never, NEVER wanted to quit a job so badly. Style is a DISASTER. The reshop is out of control. The amount of items coming off the trucks is insane. We have to force what feels like 75 items on a single rack, to the point where if someone even causes a slight breeze to hit the item on the end of the rack, there’s a sudden cascade of clothing and hangers falling down. Guests are angry with the mess and often make snide comments close enough to me that I believe they want me to hear it, even though I’m very clearly sweating to death (seriously, WHY is it so hot???) while I run around trying to knock out 6 carts of reshop while zoning at the same time. I’m folding clothes at what feels like the speed of light at this point. But none of it matters. It doesn’t make a difference. I just come in the next night to the exact same situation.

I know pretty much every store has a Style department that is falling apart right now, so I guess my question is this — people that have been with Target for awhile, or just know more than I do; is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Is this nightmare going to end soon? Is there a day coming where there will be a reasonable amount of reshop and freight and I can actually get the floor looking nice? Or is it expected that it’s going to be like this for a long time and this is the new normal? I’m so overwhelmed and I think I just need to know whether to jump ship now for the sake of my mental health or if I should somehow figure out how to hang on because it’s going to get better soon. This is…rough. And not what I thought I was signing up for.
Go on your my device and fill out the safety form that it is unsafe to work with so many boxes around. If your store supervision doesn’t notice it within 48 hours, which they won’t!! It goes to corporate and they will give your store a bunch more Hours to clear it out.

Back