Archived It was nice, Target...

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately, i got fired this week. got my schedule last week mixed up, (thought i was working monday-tuesday-wednesday but it was really sunday-monday-tuesday), and nobody said anything monday so i had no clue until wednesday when i showed up expecting to work and found out that i had goofed on writing my schedule down. had a mini panic attack thinking, "uhhh i didn't work sunday did i?!" and when i went home i went on twitter to check my tweets from sunday and yep.. didn't work. immediately called HR and explained to them what happened, totally spacing that it was my 3rd NCNS. worked thursday and it went totally normal, again nobody said anything. then i had 4 days off, went in the other day expecting to work... couldn't clock in. then my TL takes me to the ETL HR's office and tells me i'm being termed. YAY!
a year and a few months down the drain, woohoo. i really liked working for target (they let me keep my piercings and crazy hair) and i liked doing instocks and ptm projects, that's what i'm good at. my TL even said i'm a hard worker but rules are rules... and i respect that.
also sucks that the no-hire status is 2yrs!!
i'm really hoping that this doesn't reflect poorly when future employers look at my work history.. i have a solid reference because like i said, i wasn't disliked and i WAS a good worker. however i would hate it if my largest chunk of retail experience was discredited due to the fact i was termed.

Sorry to hear about losing your job.
Good luck with finding new, I hope it's quick and easy.
Don't be a stranger.
Drop by and let us know what happened.

Target only gives two points of information to employers that call for a reference. Your date of hire and your last day worked. It's against their policy to give out any other information regarding your employment.

My understanding is they can also say if you are rehirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back