Archived Item Level Replenishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with letting the trucks fill the floor...problem is my backroom has crazy space restraints and a flow team that wants to finish but not necessarily the right way. Multiple locs are often not considered and challenge for areas like Chem, HBA'S and Groc1,2 and 3 are crazy. Equipment shortage I agree with but common sense like an asterisk on a pic label might be a clue. Faster, smarter, stronger has become my approach to helping FLOW and CAF pushers get it but the struggle is beyond real.

Totally agree with letting the trucks fill the floor...problem is my backroom has crazy space restraints and a flow team that wants to finish but not necessarily the right way. Multiple locs are often not considered and challenge for areas like Chem, HBA'S and Groc1,2 and 3 are crazy. Equipment shortage I agree with but common sense like an asterisk on a pic label might be a clue. Faster, smarter, stronger has become my approach to helping FLOW and CAF pushers get it but the struggle is beyond real.
Flow needs one trustworthy person (ideally the TL) to follow behind the wave and scan every piece of backstock for 2nd locations. Doesn't take as long as it sounds.

Flow needs one trustworthy person (ideally the TL) to follow behind the wave and scan every piece of backstock for 2nd locations. Doesn't take as long as it sounds.

Problem my store has flow tm's that will not backstock anything. So there is nothing for the challenge. I pull tubs of crap that they crammed in other empty spots that had no business being. Oh two cases of fabric softener? Two home locations for the pink top bottles. . One is full and it took one case, well the second case went where the green one went. The next aisle over where the second case went? empty. The case of green tops came off the same truck? Got sent to backstock and was black lined.. So it went push but wasn't pushed. Cause they pushed the two cases of pink tops then went "Oh I filled it with the pink ones, I don't care." Next case..

Psh u should come to my store lol... we have 71 price change batches on tuesday.... smh...i had asked my Backroom TL if she wanted me to clear that out... but she said no...she doesnt care about it since pricing has been in the red since june....what happened to team work and helping other departments?

200+ price changes in the gun right now over here. Most is straight to salvage at this point. >:|

We had 5 pallets of clearance, the other night. Not my section:( I try hard to get Dcode out before clearance.

We had 5 pallets of clearance, the other night. Not my section:( I try hard to get Dcode out before clearance.
You wouldn't have had a chance. We have pretty good routines for getting Dcode out of our backroom right now, and everything that came out in price change this week had been marked as "active" on the BR detail report just a few weeks ago. My guess is that it was Active-NCF... Which of course just shows as active on the detail report.

You wouldn't have had a chance. We have pretty good routines for getting Dcode out of our backroom right now, and everything that came out in price change this week had been marked as "active" on the BR detail report just a few weeks ago. My guess is that it was Active-NCF... Which of course just shows as active on the detail report.
If you run the NOP report, it would show the active NCF items by Dept. But, the DC is known to dump pallets products on us too.

Last edited:
:eek:

Is your backroom overflowing with product?

Yup. C volume sized backroom at an A volume store. Pulling to try and help by getting my departments stuff out of there, and like every other box comes up as clearance, but not a part of my batch.

I just keep a mydevice on me and manually pull those as I go. <. <

Yup. C volume sized backroom at an A volume store. Pulling to try and help by getting my departments stuff out of there, and like every other box comes up as clearance, but not a part of my batch.

I just keep a mydevice on me and manually pull those as I go. <. <
Same here and today 15 pallets of DOM...my aisle is overflowing and I have a drop trailer full of Halloween...gotta love it

2 months in now, how is this process working for everyone?

Some days I feel like it's working great, other days it seems like everything is out of whack.

Most of the time the autofills are much smaller than they were in the past. One of the big changes I've noticed is it will often pull a lot of the same item in areas that have high capacities such as grocery, chem, paper. I assume it does that because it knows it won't get replenished by a truck any time soon, and it's way better to pull it all at once instead of multiple times per day over multiple days. Although sometimes the autofills are just huge, even on truck days. It seems to happen most often on our added day (we are a 4 truck per week store but almost always take at least 5).

We have also been having intermittent issues with pipo overload. There was a time when everything was super light (almost too light), to the point where we would get 10 pipo pallets on a trailer and 85% of it would go out. But now we have so much! We have one area of bulk that is 10 pallet spaces long and the ground level is legit full with 10 full pallets of various types of 1 gal water. Paper is also getting out of hand, though I'm hoping part of it is due to the recent transition.

Backstock from the unload has also been wildly inconsistent recently. Sometimes it has to do with transition, other times it doesn't. We are being front-loaded with a LOT of holiday grocery items, which I thought was not supposed to happen anymore (it's a waste of time to send it to the store, have it immediately backstocked, then pulled over the next few weeks).

If we used it as intended it would be great. But leadership thinks its filling the floor and randomly select areas to fill. Target wants the trucks to fill the floor. We might as well go back to hourly CAFs. Shooting outs fills the floor. Just super frustrated with the dumb things we do.

Just used it today, essentially just manuals, but gives you a little more control over it. Now it's getting shoved onto the instocks team at my store. One more thing for us to do, with no more hours to do it.

And do the 4x4 again.. With what fucking hours and it will never work until you get overnight to actually stock correctly. I refuse to 4x4 the same fucking mistakes over and over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back