Archived Item Level Replenishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So got this interesting 3 page printout about replenishment changes effective 9/1...anyone else get this bit of loveliness? Change in autofills, CAFs, 5 Manual CAF options...SFQ/Capacity accuracy...say what???? Am I late in getting this????

So got this interesting 3 page printout about replenishment changes effective 9/1...anyone else get this bit of loveliness? Change in autofills, CAFs, 5 Manual CAF options...SFQ/Capacity accuracy...say what???? Am I late in getting this????
I havnt heard anything, I'm also not TL. What's changing? Care to share?

I saw something about that a few months ago but it was missing some key details (like what the replenishment options will be) and I don't think it mentioned a specific rollout date.

Was this on redwire?

Looking at the execution guide right now. So it looks like the accumulator will be smarter, pulling items that sell well for the cafs and skipping the low sales items until they're at a lower %. We're expected to walk key areas throughout the day and shoot supplemental batches to keep the store floor. With that, maintaining store zone looks to be a big focus on this rollout. I'll learn more about it tomorrow.

Isn't that what they did when they changed the CAFs to drop 2/3 times a day and avoid certain fill groups from appearing in the CAFs?

But now I think they're just getting more detailed. They reduced the number of times that CAFS drop so it's more efficient. Now they're doing the same idea for individual items. If an item only sells like 1 per day with a capacity of 8, there is no point in pulling 1 when there are 7 on the shelf. It's a waste of time. So they'll let that item sell down for a couple days - maybe let it get down to 4 so we can do a CAF for 4 of them every 4 days instead of doing a CAF for 1 of them every day.

As with most things that Target comes out with, it sounds great, but there are always some expected and unexpected problems.

Looking at the execution guide right now. So it looks like the accumulator will be smarter, pulling items that sell well for the cafs and skipping the low sales items until they're at a lower %. We're expected to walk key areas throughout the day and shoot supplemental batches to keep the store floor. With that, maintaining store zone looks to be a big focus on this rollout. I'll learn more about it tomorrow.

So maybe In-Stocks might be able to do their job and fill the damn floor instead of everything but. I can dream..

ps still on vacation so have no idea what my store is doing..

Soooooo I don't know about you guys but at my store plano does not check capacities when setting. Capacities and SFQ will be a big part of pulls. Also seeing as this communication came out a little late my TL's are like what? Drop manuals and push them...by when? Or they all don't communicate with each other and BAM everyone is dropping them. Once again I feel like the backroom process is relying on so many other processes to go smoothly and as of late that isn't happening. In theory sounds good but then again so did the mydevices

I saw something about that a few months ago but it was missing some key details (like what the replenishment options will be) and I don't think it mentioned a specific rollout date.

Was this on redwire?
Yes and the execution guide and other info is on workbench

As @glo mentioned, there are some changes to the logic and efficiency of the CAF process and some enhanced options for dropping POG fills.

I'm appreciative of the POG fill stuff, but the CAF changes seem to rely more heavily on SFQ/capacity which is a pretty broken process overall so we'll see how things play out.

Soooooo I don't know about you guys but at my store plano does not check capacities when setting. Capacities and SFQ will be a big part of pulls. Also seeing as this communication came out a little late my TL's are like what? Drop manuals and push them...by when? Or they all don't communicate with each other and BAM everyone is dropping them. Once again I feel like the backroom process is relying on so many other processes to go smoothly and as of late that isn't happening. In theory sounds good but then again so did the mydevices
My store flip flopped on Plano checking and changing capacities. Now they say for months now it's instocks to change

A little more for those that haven't seen the execution guide and training:

There's new options when filling through mydevices. They've broken manual CAFs into 5 levels of fill thoroughness. At the low end, its called something along the lines of Visual fill, and will only pull up to the capacity of the single item you scan. As you go up in the levels, it'll pull from that one item to the 4 foot section to the entire fillgroup. This should help us keep key areas filled without having to overcommit to a whole manual CAF. The new fill options should be in your mydevices tomorrow but you should only use it if you intend to immediately go and pull it.

My store flip flopped on Plano checking and changing capacities. Now they say for months now it's instocks to change

In-Stocks has always done it, POG peeps, a few do it when they have equipment or when they change pogs that say don't fit correctly. 13ft run when its only 12ft.. Yes we get that a lot..

But then we have found overnight TM's who have changed things to zero. Yeah that is fun to fix..

So maybe In-Stocks might be able to do their job and fill the damn floor instead of everything but. I can dream..
It looks like they are again trying to keep the floor filled by automation. But, if it isn't pulled or pushed correctly by humans then the whole system breaks down. Our sales floor was filled the best when the Instocks Team could do our RIGs and then RESEARCH the assigned areas for that day. When it is left to TMs, TLs, and ETLs to fill as they see it is needed, it dosen't get done. When it is everyone's job, it turns into no one's job, and the sales floor gets depleted. I really wish someone at corporate had true in-store replenishment experience, because, from what I'm seeing, no one there understands replenishment and they are just throwing whatever they can find against the wall and seeing what will stick.

It looks like they are again trying to keep the floor filled by automation. But, if it isn't pulled or pushed correctly by humans then the whole system breaks down. Our sales floor was filled the best when the Instocks Team could do our RIGs and then RESEARCH the assigned areas for that day. When it is left to TMs, TLs, and ETLs to fill as they see it is needed, it dosen't get done. When it is everyone's job, it turns into no one's job, and the sales floor gets depleted. I really wish someone at corporate had true in-store replenishment experience, because, from what I'm seeing, no one there understands replenishment and they are just throwing whatever they can find against the wall and seeing what will stick.
You said it. I wish my store hadn't killed Instocks.

Like for instance today. Doing SPLs in PETS. The batch has me pull 13 of a bag of dog food. 4 fit on the EC and the rest fit inline. Like why wasn't the inline fill automatically anyway if it was that low, you know?

Like for instance today. Doing SPLs in PETS. The batch has me pull 13 of a bag of dog food. 4 fit on the EC and the rest fit inline. Like why wasn't the inline fill automatically anyway if it was that low, you know?
That's odd. A POG batch should only pull the capacity for the POG you're working on.

That's odd. A POG batch should only pull the capacity for the POG you're working on.
You would think, but there was a post on Workbench that said it takes in account all location quantities when batching. So there's why, but I'm wondering why it wasn't filled with the morning CAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back