Archived Item Level Replenishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think, but there was a post on Workbench that said it takes in account all location quantities when batching. So there's why, but I'm wondering why it wasn't filled with the morning CAF.

Cause at least at my store the flow team just backstocked the autofill.. They do it all the time when they are running behind, just backstock it so we come clean.

Cause at least at my store the flow team just backstocked the autofill.. They do it all the time when they are running behind, just backstock it so we come clean.
But the system won't know that it was just backstocked again. If it was pulled in the autofills, it assumes that amount went out to the floor.

But the system won't know that it was just backstocked again. If it was pulled in the autofills, it assumes that amount went out to the floor.

Not when you pulled them 8hrs before, backstocked them 4hrs later and drop a pog fill 2hrs later.. The system knows they are sitting in the steel..

If that isn't it, look at capacity, probably wrong why it pulled to many. Or in pets I have seen scattered temp ties where they filled an empty end cap and never broke the tie when the regular product or the next set came.

So does anyone actually know what this all translates to? Or is this all speculation? I'd ask around at my store, but everything goes through 4 or 5 variations before it reaches us lowly TMs who have to deal with any changes in CAF first-hand.

So does anyone actually know what this all translates to? Or is this all speculation? I'd ask around at my store, but everything goes through 4 or 5 variations before it reaches us lowly TMs who have to deal with any changes in CAF first-hand.

No idea they are still trying to PTM back to school cause they have completely failed to get the crap out of the backroom. It is just one crisis after another so it will filter down in a few days. I would brace for less hours and people being told to drop batches that have no business doing it and backroom peeps just up and quitting from people hammering them with POG fills.

No idea they are still trying to PTM back to school cause they have completely failed to get the crap out of the backroom. It is just one crisis after another so it will filter down in a few days. I would brace for less hours and people being told to drop batches that have no business doing it and backroom peeps just up and quitting from people hammering them with POG fills.

Sweet :) Every backroom TM is already maxed out on hours. This should be suuuper fun.

From what I've pieced together...autofills and CAFs should take less time to pull IF manuals are dropped properly and consistently... capacities,zone,sfq, tied and set locs need to be accurate and push to the piece is a must(bahahahahahaha). With that being said..hours will be cut in backroom with the less time to pull reasoning YET manuals will need to be pulled sooooo until the routine is solid the term Cluster Fuck comes to mind AND the timing of this rollout is priceless. Our last visit we were told logistics takes too much hours from those who provide guest service(sales floor, cashier, guest service ) to which I said flex, filling the floor, locating merchandise, STS, guest calls/pulls and all pulls are how we provide guest service. I then got a raised eyebrow and a but youre not a guest driven work center...Oh Spot you just don't get it!

They are flinging shit at the wall and seeing what might stick.

I have never seen before tubs of clearance sit for a week cause no one to push them. I have now. Scary. BTS was as empty as when I left for days off. Another TL got fed up and found Waco after waco of unlocated product. Damn.. Tubs worth. Like somebody did a LOCU and never pulled the locations. My day yesterday.

I have never seen before tubs of clearance sit for a week cause no one to push them. I have now. Scary. BTS was as empty as when I left for days off. Another TL got fed up and found Waco after waco of unlocated product. Damn.. Tubs worth. Like somebody did a LOCU and never pulled the locations. My day yesterday.
Damn. Hope today is better for you Bosch.

:eek:

I have! ;)o_O

Psh u should come to my store lol... we have 71 price change batches on tuesday.... smh...i had asked my Backroom TL if she wanted me to clear that out... but she said no...she doesnt care about it since pricing has been in the red since june....what happened to team work and helping other departments?

Psh u should come to my store lol... we have 71 price change batches on tuesday.... smh...i had asked my Backroom TL if she wanted me to clear that out... but she said no...she doesnt care about it since pricing has been in the red since june....what happened to team work and helping other departments?

That is out the window. Overnight shits on dayside, dayside gets tired of smelling like shit so they quit cleaning up. Overnight doesn't care so they get worse, pricing gets caught in the middle along with POG. In stocks gets fucked, floor pushed wrong but getting only enough hours to scan not push so nothing gets pushed right. Gets coached on all the overstock that we stopped fixing, from overnight and empty shelves that were half ass pushed by the one sales floor TM who got stuck with it but is back up cashiering for half their shift.

Sound familiar? Today a fucking Wednesday 2hrs on back up cause they had two cashiers all day, eight total for the day, including guest service.

That would be what is known as a CLUSTER FUCK!

That is out the window. Overnight shits on dayside, dayside gets tired of smelling like shit so they quit cleaning up. Overnight doesn't care so they get worse, pricing gets caught in the middle along with POG. In stocks gets fucked, floor pushed wrong but getting only enough hours to scan not push so nothing gets pushed right. Gets coached on all the overstock that we stopped fixing, from overnight and empty shelves that were half ass pushed by the one sales floor TM who got stuck with it but is back up cashiering for half their shift.

Sound familiar? Today a fucking Wednesday 2hrs on back up cause they had two cashiers all day, eight total for the day, including guest service.
*nods*

Yep. Been there, done that.

From what I've pieced together...autofills and CAFs should take less time to pull IF manuals are dropped properly and consistently... capacities,zone,sfq, tied and set locs need to be accurate and push to the piece is a must(bahahahahahaha). With that being said..hours will be cut in backroom with the less time to pull reasoning YET manuals will need to be pulled sooooo until the routine is solid the term Cluster Fuck comes to mind AND the timing of this rollout is priceless. Our last visit we were told logistics takes too much hours from those who provide guest service(sales floor, cashier, guest service ) to which I said flex, filling the floor, locating merchandise, STS, guest calls/pulls and all pulls are how we provide guest service. I then got a raised eyebrow and a but youre not a guest driven work center...Oh Spot you just don't get it!

No!!! You should not be dropping and pushing manuals that much. That is the opposite of the point being made. The new system wants you to do less work filling the shelves and allow the trucks to flow more naturally. The problem with our logistics process is the size of our autofills vs push/truck backstock. In high volume stores, we are experiencing autofills larger than our trucks on average, and the trucks are going mostly to backstock! Its twice the work of what it should be. The reason for this is that as items sell, Target has had them set to fill too often. We will constantly run items to fill something from 50% capacity to 100% capacity, yet we only sell a few of that item per day. If a can of soup has a capacity of 24 (4 facings at 6 deep) and we sell 3 of those a day, the minimum needed on the floor is 7 going into a day (4 to face it, and 3 to be there to zone the holes back up). If you get below that number and it is not on the trailer, then it will trigger to pull in an autofill. If you fill it before that point, you are wasting trips. What was happening was there were 12 left, and we would fill it from our backroom up to 24... but it was already triggered to arrive from our RDC at that point and it arrived and goes to truck backstock because we filled it a few days earlier.

Ok, so when I'm dropping manuals to keep our autofills low...which option should I be picking (now that there are five different options)?

You should not be dropping manuals for entire fillgroups. The whole point of this system is to keep the autofills and CAFs small. Read @Rock Lobster's above posts and then read this thread about changes in the DC side: New trailer slotting tool aka sync

Basically, the system is getting smarter and won't pull from the backroom unless absolutely needed to fill an out. The autofills should be smaller on their own because the pull triggers are being raised to give the system a chance to fill it off the next truck.

Our autofills were half the size of what they normally were yesterday, with the most noticeable difference in the grocery fillgroups.

HQ is thinking too hard on this. Let stores pick a trustworthy person(s) and fill the floor by sight, damn. You gotta do it this way so the truck does this and not this so autos only pull this and not that. Come on. Makes my head hurt.

Rocklobster and SFSFun are right on track with what I've been saying since back when the CAF schedule changed in the spring.
Trouble is that the direction to stores (in my group anyway) has been ... Fill! Fill! Fill! Manuals! Manuals! Manuals!

It's clear with ILR that the system wants the Salesfloor light and visually represented in most cases. Here's my question though, my backroom wacos are overflowing and in just a few short days of not being able to get product out with manuals, I can already see the impact in my backroom.
Seems like only one side of this equation is working so far. I'm gonna be drowning in product in the backroom unless they just stop sending trucks for a few days so I can lighten up back there?!? Any thoughts?

Rocklobster and SFSFun are right on track with what I've been saying since back when the CAF schedule changed in the spring.
Trouble is that the direction to stores (in my group anyway) has been ... Fill! Fill! Fill! Manuals! Manuals! Manuals!

It's clear with ILR that the system wants the Salesfloor light and visually represented in most cases. Here's my question though, my backroom wacos are overflowing and in just a few short days of not being able to get product out with manuals, I can already see the impact in my backroom.
Seems like only one side of this equation is working so far. I'm gonna be drowning in product in the backroom unless they just stop sending trucks for a few days so I can lighten up back there?!? Any thoughts?

I agree with the statements rocklobster said about letting the system work for itself and the reasoning behind reduced batch sizes. Yet I also was worried about product building up in my Backroom. Currently we're running manual cafs every hour on non-truck days to empty out the Backroom and then letting the system run itself on truck Days. While it's not how the system was planned it's the only way we can maintain a light and brand Backroom. Until the DC systems become smarter with recognizing on hand counts at the stores and only sending product we do not have/will sell through, we're going to continue to receive product we may not have room for if we let the current system run its course. I would expect with the UDC's and the upcoming changes we'll hopefully see some positive changes that don't require these extra steps unless it's a peak week or holiday.

The freight that scanned as backstock in our last two trucks seems to be relatively small (excluding transition).

The main concern I have right now is making sure that a decent amount of stuff comes out of the backroom in the CAFs and the autofills on non-truck days. Because so far, flow is bringing back more loose backstock than we are sending out in truck day autofills.

I know if we were allowed to walk and shoot like we should the backroom would empty out. But then even when we do, we only shoot half of what we want since we pull so much overstock and mis-push from the truck. My store has always given us until this year the freedom as we work the list to shoot to fill as we see fit. It kept the backroom empty and the floor full.. But they have cut hours so badly we stopped doing that. And it shows.. My store looks half empty and it look like shit.. every time I do a "check if there is more in the back?" Yes its in the back. So things are not making it to the floor. Ever..

That is a huge problem no one seems to want to deal with. Not getting and enforcing flow teams and salesfloor teams actually put shit where it is supposed to go and in the correct number. None of this will work unless that issue is fixed. But that would require - three things. equipment, people who actually can use it and people who are paid enough to actually want to do it. None of that spot will do..

They keep thinking putting in programs that leadership will skirt to suit their own needs of "green at all costs". So failure is the only outcome.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back