Archived It's official: no HMOs or PPOs next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's embarrassing what Target offers, they make millions.

I work at a non-profit nursing home and they somehow are able to provide health insurance for full time AND part time employees. Obviously you pay more out of pocket if you're part time, but it's offered, with different options and coverage levels. Dental too. If they can do it, Spot could...but Spot is always interested in the bottom line.

The catch though is in what it DOES not cover. Which I can't find listed in the plans on the benefits site. I'll have a qualifying change in status that would enable me to sign up but a detailed list of what qualified coverage is and is not would be helpful. The sad thing is, a private plan would probably be the better option and provides more coverage.

I'm just a bit cynical having worked for spot in HS and coming back 10 years later? What a huge difference.

On the Target Pay and Benefits website,after you log in, there is a drop down menu for health insurance. There's an option for Information Online. Click on that and scrolling down, you'll see an option for Summary Plan Description. That will lead you to about 40 pages of information on what is covered and what is not covered.

My 2013 plan starts April 1; that Summary Plan Description will be available on April 1 but I can still access the 2012 information today.

It's very clear and concise concerning what is covered and what is not; the information regarding costs is also quite clear. The problem is that you have to spend a bit of time gleaning information from the various drop down menus.

WEll, the insurance is crap. I just got a call telling me they found an abnormality in my colon cancer screening, and they want me to come in for a colonoscopy. The cost? Over $900 if all goes well.

I hope they find that $900 up there while their at it.

Reactions: NOP
If they have a "justification" for it (or it's beneficial), your colonoscopy should be covered.

Talk about getting reamed more than one way....

WEll, the insurance is crap. I just got a call telling me they found an abnormality in my colon cancer screening, and they want me to come in for a colonoscopy. The cost? Over $900 if all goes well.

I hope they find that $900 up there while their at it.

I am so sorry to hear about both the cost and the fact that you need to have it done in the first place.
There are times when it just baffles me how we can live in one of the richest countries in the world and the employed can still get screwed like this much less the unemployed.
I wonder if there is a person anywhere in Spot who is actually ashamed of all this?
Or have they just bought the justifications so deeply that nothing touches them?

Well, I'm probably being over dramatic. Just gets to me that I've worked 30 years for this company & as I get older and will probably need the insurance, I get this bottom of the bucket insurance plan.

I filled out the condescending forms online and earned $150, and if I can use the $350 base dollars, then the bill will reduce to $400, IF they don't have to do anything.....

Then it IS covered - you just have to pay YOUR portion first (aka, the deductible of which you speak). This is true for any insurance that as a deductible.

I recently got a bill for an orthopedic visit I had last year. I owe for both X-Rays. I could say "my insurance didn't cover them" but it would be a false statement. They do cover them, but I hadn't met my deductible yet so I had to pay that.

I understand your point bikebryan but if the deductible is so high that most folks are hard pressed to meet it in the first place, they might as well not cover it.
A $100 deductible per family member (that's what my wife's insurance has) makes sense.
This other stuff is bullocks.

$100 deductible? Wow, that's fantastic. My private insurance (prior to Target) had a $10k family deductible and cost four times what I pay for my Target insurance. And my colonoscopy cost me $2800.

Well, maybe Target does listen.

Just got a book in the mail explaining the HRA. No cartoons, no trying to dumb down the info. Straight forward information.

Finally I understand the stack of reimbursement checks I've been receiving in the mail...

$100 deductible? Wow, that's fantastic. My private insurance (prior to Target) had a $10k family deductible and cost four times what I pay for my Target insurance. And my colonoscopy cost me $2800.

My insurance at Sony had a zero dollar deductible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back