Archived I've been promoted to GSA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay me! it a;; became official last week the day before my birthday! I'm excited but also wonder what responsibilities and stress that lie ahead since before, all I'd do is cover lunches and breaks, now I'm going deeper.

The only thing I'm worried about is about this team member that applied for the GSA position the same time I did, this was her 4th time going for it and told her that hopefully there was no hard feelings whoever got it, you know, a peace treaty. Once I got it, and she got turned down, she started crying, I felt so bad and didnt enjoy my promotion as much as I should of, I mean, I earned it. SO I tried to be as accomodating as I could. But then as the days went by she showed her true colors and rumor has it that she spoke to an LOD about me, apparently taking long breaks, going before she did, or sending her alot of people and giving her attitude when I surely did not. I'm just worryied cause it may look bad at me now especially if I'm going to be watched. I hope that doesn't kill my 90 day review nor that be a reason for "consideration of demotion"

yay me! it a;; became official last week the day before my birthday! I'm excited but also wonder what responsibilities and stress that lie ahead since before, all I'd do is cover lunches and breaks, now I'm going deeper.

The only thing I'm worried about is about this team member that applied for the GSA position the same time I did, this was her 4th time going for it and told her that hopefully there was no hard feelings whoever got it, you know, a peace treaty. Once I got it, and she got turned down, she started crying, I felt so bad and didnt enjoy my promotion as much as I should of, I mean, I earned it. SO I tried to be as accomodating as I could. But then as the days went by she showed her true colors and rumor has it that she spoke to an LOD about me, apparently taking long breaks, going before she did, or sending her alot of people and giving her attitude when I surely did not. I'm just worryied cause it may look bad at me now especially if I'm going to be watched. I hope that doesn't kill my 90 day review nor that be a reason for "consideration of demotion"

WTF? You are within your 90 days and they promoted you to GSA over a long time TM?

Nothing against you - but generally speaking, any ETL that would sign off a promotion to GSA or TL for someone within their 90 days is an idiot. There is no way to really know what you are getting with someone who hasn't even been around 90 days.

Now it sounds like you are already in drama with a TM.

Looks like the ETLs are going to find out the hard way....

No, I've been a long time TM too, I've been Guest Services for 2 years, we started at the same time

her acting like that is the exact reason why she didn't get a promotion. They probably already know that. Do what you do and you'll be fine!

Congrats!

her acting like that is the exact reason why she didn't get a promotion. They probably already know that. Do what you do and you'll be fine!

If she's acting like that, does she deserve a promotion? /rhetorical question

Just pushed for GSA right before the Holidays....Good Luck, its going to be a lot of stress trying to get trained. Don't be surprised that they will just throw you into the mess with little or no training.

As for the other TM, unless you hear the TM say something negative themselves or witness something yourself. Don't believe the rumors.

Congrats!

Always seems to be drama when they promote people to GSA. I have many stories about this from my old store!

Congratulations. Ditto on the "little to no training before they throw you into it" part, from my own experience. Just do a good job, it sounds like it isn't hard to out-perform her. They'll see they made the right decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back