I've been trying to get hired as an ETL/TL, am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So other people can vent here but I can't?
I am not entitled to anything, I am trying to figure out how to survive in this world. I can't get stuck getting 8 hrs a week again. I'm trying to level up, I guess that's a crime? I hope Target keeps hiring external TMS and ETLs just to spite you.

Of course you can vent.
Just not in the Q&A Forum.

In that section, you ask a question folks give you a straight up and down answer, THE END.
People can vote on which one is the best.

If you want to vent about how fucked up the world is, how fucked up Spot is, etc. then do it over here.
Which is why the thread is no longer a Q&A thread and is moved over here.

Vent all you want.
But don't do it at the people who are trying to help you.

My question is did you apply at spot for the etl job?
I applied for an etl position, some entry level positions 8 months ago, and a few more ETL postions in different counties, and that hasn't worked out.
I'm just asking what the magic formula is to get hired as a TL since ETL seems out of my grasp, even though I was told over the phone they hire people with any type of BA, whether it's sociology or biology.

I applied for an etl position, some entry level positions 8 months ago, and a few more ETL postions in different counties, and that hasn't worked out.
I'm just asking what the magic formula is to get hired as a TL since ETL seems out of my grasp, even though I was told over the phone they hire people with any type of BA, whether it's sociology or biology.
Based on the info provided, spot has no etl jobs open.

Of course you can vent.
Just not in the Q&A Forum.

In that section, you ask a question folks give you a straight up and down answer, THE END.
People can vote on which one is the best.

If you want to vent about how fucked up the world is, how fucked up Spot is, etc. then do it over here.
Which is why the thread is no longer a Q&A thread and is moved over here.

Vent all you want.
But don't do it at the people who are trying to help you.

Most of you insulted me and called me entitled, you didn't offer help. You said I need to take a part time job which I cannot live off of. I'd lose my unemployment checks if I took a part time job and make a quarter of what I was making.
I repeated that I needed a TL position. I have a BA and retail experience. Is it a magic formula to get that TL position?

Based on the info provided, spot has no etl jobs open.
I'm in a major metropolitan area. I see *few* etl positions posted, but even the TL positions don't even say you need retail experience or a degree. I'm just wondering how to get a TL position, since many other posts say they hire externally. I guess I'm a jerk for asking questions and stating I can't survive off of part time and random hours.

Calm down please. Patience is required.
I've been patient for a long time. I need a full time job and asked a question in earnest, then had people call me an entitled nitwit. What the hell type of forum is this? I asked a question in good faith.
I expressed a common sentiment for working class people. It's tough out here and I am just trying to figure things out.
So many people straight up insulted me.

I've been patient for a long time. I need a full time job and asked a question in earnest, then had people call me an entitled nitwit. What the hell type of forum is this? I asked a question in good faith.
I expressed a common sentiment for working class people. It's tough out here and I am just trying to figure things out.
So many people straight up insulted me.
I understand. If you want a tl job, it depends on business needs & store location. Spot wants part timers & not full timers.
I did offer this job from spot hq to you. I got from my spot twitter page.
I am looking for a another fantastic HQ or remote working People Analytics Director to join my leadership team. This new role will have a big impact as we reimagine and advance the People Analytics capabilities at Target. Know anyone? Have them apply or send them my way.
#peopleanalytics #target #hiring #talentanalytics

How dare you. I am not entitled and I am certainly not a nitwit. Did you graduate with a BA with honors? Have you volunteered for a decade to give back to the community? You went straight to name calling with me, which is out of line buddy.
I asked a normal fucking question and expressed my frustration with the system.
I hope one day you are stocking shelves and something hits you in the head and kills you, you pathetic waste of space. You deserve rape and death. How about that? Doesn't feel so good when it's you getting insulted, now does it?

I actually started with level headed direct advice.

I appreciate your PM, really the cherry on top of this masterclass in tact, which also serves as evidence of your lack of employability.

You got a real two-for-one going on here.

If you insult someone and name call first, a person has the right to respond. I am going to assume you are a woman or minority who has been coddled your whole life and never had to deal with consequences. You resorted to personal name calling. I was nice when I first entered this forum, now I am a hardened b*tch because this is absurd. This forum is a circlejerk. Don't think I need more than your username for my ancestors to fuck you up.
Now, that was unprofessional. We had answered your questions. There are retail opps like Lowe’s, & Costco, you might want to apply there.

If you insult someone and name call first, a person has the right to respond. I am going to assume you are a woman or minority who has been coddled your whole life and never had to deal with consequences. You resorted to personal name calling. I was nice when I first entered this forum, now I am a hardened b*tch because this is absurd. This forum is a circlejerk. Don't think I need more than your username for my ancestors to fuck you up.

You get one shot at stepping back and taking it easy.
I get that you are frustrated.
Shit is real right now.
None of us are in a great place.

I really do understand that it is hard to be stuck in a terrible situation and not to seem like you have any options.
What's important is that we don't take it out on each other.
Please don't attack members of this board.
I'm asking you nicely, okay.
I don't like having to ban people.

Mods please

Mods please keep this dudes posts.

If he isnt a top tier troll, I'd be shocked. This is internet gold.

Ps for what its worth, I haven't worked at Target in years. I'll be sure to watch out for falling stock while I'm grocery shopping though.

You get one shot at stepping back and taking it easy.
I get that you are frustrated.
Shit is real right now.
None of us are in a great place.

I really do understand that it is hard to be stuck in a terrible situation and not to seem like you have any options.
What's important is that we don't take it out on each other.
Please don't attack members of this board.
I'm asking you nicely, okay.
I don't like having to ban people.
This person attacked me first and called me an entitled nitwit. I would like for them to be disciplined too!

You have the wrong approach.

You can submit your resume to 50 thousand jobs, 10 might call you.

You need personal contact. Go physically talk to the hiring manager. Hunt down the recruiter on linkedin and message them.

Unemployment is double digits right now, which leads to a situation where there is an oversaturation of high skilled workers in the talent pool willing to work for cheap. Remember those bills you have? They have them too. Many of these people are probably more qualified than you.

Without some sort of personal interaction (the result of which puts your resume on top of the pile), you're going to continue to have no results.

This advice is not specific to Target.
To the op, you might want to try doing this option. You made no comment about it. Take a break & walk around the block.

News flash, Target isn’t the only job with management positions. If you aren’t making the cut for the position at the stores you apply to, find another company that will! No point in chasing something you can’t get. Otherwise, be a TM and work your way up. If that’s not what you wanna do, then why keep wasting your time?

I've been trying to avoid closing threads lately but this one is a dumpster fire.

8246283_20140323621716320140323085101_pngfa347c70f112bde730f99ed4e395a82f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back