Archived Jack Of All Trades and Master Of None

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye01

The Box Chucker
When I was hired, I was hired for the Flow Team, but have found on my schedule as of late that I am scheduled more on the floor in Hardlines than anything. This isn't a complaint and I enjoy any opportunity, but has this happened to anyone else? Also coming up I will be doing flow, hardlines and backroom all in one week. I might start wearing an S on my red shirt. LOL

Yep, things can get crazy in just four hours. If you remember, we had a sale in toys on Saturday and guess where I was pushing freight? You guessed it, plus also helping guests in Small Electrics, Bed/bath etc. There were others on the floor, but I looked like the only schmuck that knew anything....lol..j/k

Yes! I only got the job so I could have overnight- it's the only way things can work for me. Of course, they've eliminated the position. Now, they want me to come after the store has opened. I can't. It works for some, but it completely defeats my purpose for staying there.

I like the flow schedule better, but for me any hours is better than none which many get. Hopefully something better shows up for you.

Chances are you’re still a flow TM but because of the new process they’re having you come later and they’re using hardlines hours to do it. My store is doing it to hide how many hours we’re pouring in to flow from every other department.

At my store, priority 2 push is being done by flow/inbound TMs scheduled under hardlines but at their normal times. This is just to keep us in line with modernization which wants sales floor team to do the pushing.

Same job, different title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back