Job abandonment last pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi .

i found a better paying job with more hours and planning to walkout an never go back .I understand that i will not be hired at Target again. how do i get paid for my last pay do i have to go the store and sign papers ? or is it going to be deposited into my account >

Even if you don't give 2 weeks notice, fill out the voluntary term form so you can write down why your leaving. The form has many options from which to choose: pay, hours, lack of benefits, Red Cards, and even a spot to fill in your own reason!

You can be creative with the fill in the blank option! I was!

Unless you live in a state where the law requires you to be paid out on your last day, you will get you final pay as direct deposit on the appropriate payday. You won't need to do anything.

People who walk out or just quit coming in don't "screw" Target. They screw the people that they work with. The people who have trained you, ate lunch with you, had breaks with you and commiserated with you. If you have a job at Target or anywhere else, you are an adult. ACT LIKE IT. You don't like the job? Hey it happens. So man up, call in and quit.

That's a really shitty way to leave a job. If your new job hears of how you left your last, well, don't be surprised if they cut you.

False.

But I have rage quit once. I told the STL(reference of position) of that store to shove their idiocy. But even when you end up in the OPs situation be adult and hey "your hours suck, your leadership sucks and I am out of here, where is the form?" Fill out and walk out.

Congrats on the new job and higher pay! In all circumstances, never just abandon. I have seen this done way too many times and then the person returns looking for a job (of course, until they can land another gig somewhere b/c the new job sucked too) and is deemed non-rehirable. Even if you think you will never be back to Target, one day you may need to reference Target at another location and no burned bridges is better than one.

Suggestions: Put in 2 week written notice. Place shifts on swap shift board. Call out each day you work of the 2 week notice stating you have the flu, death in family, etc. This tends to make you rehirable in the eyes of most ETLs-HRs and HRTMs.

Wow a lot of unhelpful advice here. OP has made up their mind and just wants to know how to get paid for their last shift.

@K AA just find HR or the LOD before the end of your shift and tell them that you are quitting and want to make sure you will still get paid normally. Be calm about it and try not to swear at them.

In some states, they need to pay you in cash from the register immediately. So it definitely helps to tell the LOD.

hi .

i found a better paying job with more hours and planning to walkout an never go back .I understand that i will not be hired at Target again. how do i get paid for my last pay do i have to go the store and sign papers ? or is it going to be deposited into my account >

Final pay is determined by state labor boards. I'd find out what your state rules are you will either be paid the day you walk out if your state rule is final pay must be on last day worked or you will be laid on your next scheduled paid day. If u get direct deposit no biggie if you get a check they will mail it out to you on that regular paid day. Also I would write your store after you have left requesting this years W-2 by federal law they must send it to you within 30 days of receiving the request. Good luck

That's a really shitty way to leave a job. If your new job hears of how you left your last, well, don't be surprised if they cut you.

We have had two former job abandons apply for jobs. It's never a good idea to leave a job on bad terms if you can help it. I would rather you tell me you're not coming anymore than simply us expect you to show up and you dont.

False.

But I have rage quit once. I told the STL(reference of position) of that store to shove their idiocy. But even when you end up in the OPs situation be adult and hey "your hours suck, your leadership sucks and I am out of here, where is the form?" Fill out and walk out.

Again people who walk out think they showed theit bosses they didn't like but no all you did was throw a tantrum and screw over your fellow team member. I left Target on bad terms in high school, determined to leave well when I do this time.

Wow a lot of unhelpful advice here. OP has made up their mind and just wants to know how to get paid for their last shift.

@K AA just find HR or the LOD before the end of your shift and tell them that you are quitting and want to make sure you will still get paid normally. Be calm about it and try not to swear at them.

In some states, they need to pay you in cash from the register immediately. So it definitely helps to tell the LOD.

Your right we aren't trying to hijack the thread. Just speaking from experience. We mail our abandons their last check but it does depend on state. I believe certain states they have to voucher you out or something like that.

Again people who walk out think they showed theit bosses they didn't like but no all you did was throw a tantrum and screw over your fellow team member. I left Target on bad terms in high school, determined to leave well when I do this time.

No I drew a line in the sand. When I had approved leave for a funeral. And she decided I should be working to do a floor move. I decided that was enough of her bullshit. That was final straw in a long line of crap. She called my bluff and I was not bluffing.

Suggestions: Put in 2 week written notice. Place shifts on swap shift board. Call out each day you work of the 2 week notice stating you have the flu, death in family, etc. This tends to make you rehirable in the eyes of most ETLs-HRs and HRTMs.

We recently had one of our old timers quit. She was with Spot for 20+ years, I believe. She did it right, put in her two weeks, planned on working out her last shifts. But due to circumstances out of her control, she had to call in once during her last two weeks, and she was informed this made her non-rehirable. Can this vary from store to store? Is it up to the STL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back