Job change

aifbeewert

she/her
How do I go about getting one? I want to learn a different role/department. I've heard people say you need to wait 6 months to get one, is this 6 months from hiring or every 6 months yearly when job changes get processed? Will I lose my pay scale progress etc? Can I change key at the same time?

It’s on workday. Just click on “all apps” on the Home Screen and then there should be an icon for “dc job change preference”. Then just rank the dept/keys you would like to move to. Do not rank anything you would not want!
After hire you can’t move for 6 months. After a job change you can’t change departments for 6 months but can change keys within that department.
Merit positions are posted under “careers” in workday, so if you’re interested in one of those it’s different.
If you’re unsure about another department you could always ask your OM to be cross trained until you decide.

Luck

The one and only SCTM™
How do I go about getting one? I want to learn a different role/department. I've heard people say you need to wait 6 months to get one, is this 6 months from hiring or every 6 months yearly when job changes get processed? Will I lose my pay scale progress etc? Can I change key at the same time?
What is your current position?