Job offer question

I applied for a position at my local distribution center last Thursday. On Monday I received a job offer contingent upon passing a background check and attending the orientation that is scheduled in the letter. I never spoke to anyone or did any type of interview etc. How do I know which position I was hired for? The position that was available was for a packer but at the beginning of my offer letter it says "we are thrilled to invite you to join our team as- warehouse worker". Is that the general term for any position in the DC or will I be in warehouse and not in packing?

I applied for a position at my local distribution center last Thursday. On Monday I received a job offer contingent upon passing a background check and attending the orientation that is scheduled in the letter. I never spoke to anyone or did any type of interview etc. How do I know which position I was hired for? The position that was available was for a packer but at the beginning of my offer letter it says "we are thrilled to invite you to join our team as- warehouse worker". Is that the general term for any position in the DC or will I be in warehouse and not in packing?

Job Posting Details
Hourly warehouse Operations
Job Family
Distribution Center - Packing Operations
Distribution Center - Warehouse Operations

I found out what I would be doing at orientation. You could always call HR and see what they have planned for you.

“Warehouse worker” is mostly a generic term that covers a lot of people. Packing, however, is usually separate because they have a separate job description and pay scale.
I would read that as you aren’t going to be in packing, but I could be wrong. If it matters to you then I’d call HR to be sure.

“Warehouse worker” is mostly a generic term that covers a lot of people. Packing, however, is usually separate because they have a separate job description and pay scale.
I would read that as you aren’t going to be in packing, but I could be wrong. If it matters to you then I’d call HR to be sure.
Okay thank you. It doesn't matter to me really, Ive done warehouse work for 10 years so that would be better for me actually. What is the usual starting pay for warehouse vs packing? Maybe that will give me an idea. Thanks again

Okay thank you. It doesn't matter to me really, Ive done warehouse work for 10 years so that would be better for me actually. What is the usual starting pay for warehouse vs packing? Maybe that will give me an idea. Thanks again

WHS starting pay here is $17.65.

Have a new guy that started with the same description packer/warehouse. He starting out doing hand puts.

Starting pay varies greatly by state and how close your nearest competing Distribution Centers are. If there's a Walmart DC or Amazon or anything like that nearby it'll be higher. I would assume 15-20 starting pay. NY and CA are the highest I believe but you have some surprising outliers like Wisconsin who are pretty high.

Typically packers make about $3 less. Here warehouse workers make a little over $19 starting and packers over $16.

Back