Archived Job Postings Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, once a job posts on Targets job page how long does a store wait to start calling people for interviews? Does corporate have any set process to wait say a few weeks before beginning interviews?

Thanks

There isn't a set time that I've heard. We try to get to them asap, but this week I called a couple of people who put their applications in a couple of weeks ago. But then I called one who had submitted it that day. The last 2 weeks were a blur of prepping and writing three schedules so I'm not surprised to hear other stores have applications that are more than a week or 2 old.

If you haven't gotten a call or email yet you are still in their pending or potential list and you should hear something soon. You can also call the store and ask about it. 🙂

(New HRTM as of a few months ago and apparently now I'm an Expert! 😆)

If I remember correctly best practice is applications are supposed to be responded to (turndown/confirmation of interest/interview scheduled) within 2 days of dropping into JAS

within 2 days of dropping into JAS
Lol.. I get to go through JAS maybe once a week. And pretty much from now until the end of summer we’ll get a minimum of 60/week, then From October until the middle of December we’ll have anywhere from 30-60 applications drop everyday. But our neighbor stores are in the same position as us, balancing out with Modernization and not really hiring anyone short of such as amazing applicant that we cannot live without them.

(And mostly I laughed bc my ETL only goes through it when she’s being “helpful” and I only work 3 days a week in HR.)

I only work 3 days a week in HR.)
I've never understood why there isn't someone from HR available during regular business hours (9-5 or something similar) at the very least. We have a TM who works a few days a week and the ETL isn't always available

I've never understood why there isn't someone from HR available during regular business hours (9-5 or something similar) at the very least. We have a TM who works a few days a week and the ETL isn't always available
I have had this thought too. When I need to speak with HR, I frequently have to come in on my day off, before my shift begins. or after it ends. None of these are ideal, since work related conversations are technically supposed to only happen when I am on the clock.

My thoughts too..

But I imagine it’s like any other work center - hours are tied to sales and size. Also your ETL fighting for hours and mine is brand spanking new so that isn’t happening. However if I have a post it from a TM I’ll always give them a callback, I know my hours don’t always work for me so I imagine they don’t work for anyone else either lol

Every store in my district that earns an HR Tm 40 hours a week which I believe is every store but 2 does that. They have HR M-F 7am-3:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back