Joining the team! ETL HR

Like people have said, try and learn as much of the store as you can. Offer to close sometime when you're comfortable (if your store have a rotation). Shadow people and learn, service desk and OPU plus freight and SFS are all things I think any ETL should know.

I have to say I disagree with those that are telling you to learn other areas and jump in to help. As long as you perform your HR duties fairly and to the best of your ability and are easily contactable to TMs (please log into your phone extension and answer it! Also walkie calls), I wouldn't care if you spent your entire day in your office. Your SD may have other expectations, and I certainly appreciate the help anyone is willing to give, but I'd rather you execute your HR duties as best as you can, and if that means you aren't picking OPUs or backing up at the lanes, so be it.

I have to say I disagree with those that are telling you to learn other areas and jump in to help. As long as you perform your HR duties fairly and to the best of your ability and are easily contactable to TMs (please log into your phone extension and answer it! Also walkie calls), I wouldn't care if you spent your entire day in your office. Your SD may have other expectations, and I certainly appreciate the help anyone is willing to give, but I'd rather you execute your HR duties as best as you can, and if that means you aren't picking OPUs or backing up at the lanes, so be it.
Is it true the SC runs iOS and compatible devices?!?!?
I upload an iCloud link of my finished trainer form and sent it to my OM via workday..

Last edited:
I think the original poster meant that HR will be asked to push, do OPUs, etc, because of under staffing.

I’m not leaving B2. Yard Cordinator has my name on it. 😍™️

Last edited:
Hello there! I'm starting in a few weeks as the ETL - HR.

I've been the general manager of businesses with smaller 3~5 teams, larger box office stores with 20+ members, but never been in a leadership role with somewhere that does as much business as a place like Target.

Mostly wanted to introduce myself because I already know I'll be coming here a ton for advice and likely to vent, but also because like others in my position I'd appreciate any tips that are relevant to both Target as well as my position!
I'd say try to pitch in in every area around the store, could be drive up, general merchandise, specialty sales anything really.
But get involved with the team don't sit in your office 24/7 and never come out to see the light of day.
I like ETL's that do more for the store other than just the office work.

True. Ours pushes , OPU, and delegates scheduling duties to a TM with favorites. They've only been here a month. Sheesh.

Back