Archived Jury Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
sooo a team lead serving for jury duty is more important than a team member serving jury duty??? that hardly seems fair.

Keep in mind that in corporate mindset the team lead does more work than a team member. In reality this is never the case. Ever.

Keep in mind that in corporate mindset the team lead does more work than a team member. In reality this is never the case. Ever.

In our modern economy I don't think that value or wages are necessarily determined by quantity of work. More often people that are deemed to have higher skill sets receive better pay and benefit packages. Lumberjacks get paid a lot less than actuaries, that isn't a reflection of the fact that actuaries work harder. Instead it's a reflection on the fact that they have skills that are in demand.

It can depend on the law where you live also,I know that in South Florida the law states you must get paid,and in other parts of the state only tls and above get paid.

I'd venture to say Plano TL's work their ass off, week after week.

I know ours does,but I think flow team leader is probably the more difficult,at least in plano you get a sense of achievement,in flow you are only as good as your team on todays truck,then you get to go home and start all over again tomorrow.

The law USED to require that employers paid you during days you served as a juror so as not to penalize you for doing your civic duty. Many states, municipalities have overturned the requirement as corp America decried it as a financial hardship. You are still required by law to appear unless you are granted an exemption but - depending on your state/city - your employer does NOT have to pay you. So your choices are to either serve (getting maybe $12/day per diem from the court) or to eschew your duty by claiming an exemption.

Lumberjacks get paid a lot less than actuaries, that isn't a reflection of the fact that actuaries work harder. Instead it's a reflection on the fact that they have skills that are in demand.

The funny thing is, I was raised in the country and did a whole ************ton of woodcutting. I am also in college to become an actuary. I can assure you, being an actuary is harder.

The funny thing is, I was raised in the country and did a whole ************ton of woodcutting. I am also in college to become an actuary. I can assure you, being an actuary is harder.

I'm going to disagree with you on that. I too have done both. Learning to be an actuary takes a ton of work but actually doing the job once you have all of the knowledge in your head isn't harder than cutting wood for 8 hours a day.

Both are hard just one is muscle hard and the other is brain hard!

I believe you have to a TL, Regular job class, or ETL and above to get that type of pay, call the Target Benefits Center to find otu for sure, 800-828-5850 ask for the leave and disability dept, they talk to Jury Duty pay
Does anyone know if target pays you for not being at work for jury duty?

TLs are held a lot more accountable than TMs are, keep that in mind... Main reason i dont want to move up to TL.

I think everyone is held extremely accountable, too accountable in fact. Jury duty pay should definitely be offered to all employees, that fact that it isnt the the poorest employees is obscene.
TLs are held a lot more accountable than TMs are, keep that in mind... Main reason i dont want to move up to TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back