Archived just a curious question about CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been put on ca although I have heard about people that go on corrective action for not coming into their shifts or coming into work late everyday (and obviously that's understandable because when that happens your really not taking your job seriously.
My basic question is, how does a team member know if they are put on corrective action? Does Hr or ETL tell that team member and they sign a paper for documemtation they wont make that mistake or be late again, etc ? Because it wouldn't make sense if they don't tell that team member. Coachings &CA are different.

I've seen really hard workers let go quick. my question is if they were let go quick, were they put on CA first?

Just asking because I feel it's wrong if no one notifies a team lead or team member that they are put on CA, otherwise the team member wont know if they are on the edge to out the door without notice of a manager ahead of time.

You would have coachings first. This is a TL or an ETL pulling you aside and talking to you about something you have done wrong i.e. show up late, called in to much, not stocking fully. If the problem persist said TL or ETL would pull you in the office and you would sign your first CA which is a counseling. You get some time to show improvement but generally if none then you sign the Final Warning. After that no improvement your in the unemployment line. If your TL or ETL has done their job correctly then no CA should be surprising you should know its coming.

You would have coachings first.

Depending on the offense, you can go straight to CA or final (I may or may not have received a CCA last year), but that's generally for conduct. If it's performance-related, you should be coached first. The probationary period for a CA is 6 months and for a final it's a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back