Archived Just got a CCA and worried about....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I just checked Workday and I see that I have a notification for a —-> Manager Evaluation: Unacceptable conduct counseling <—- This is what it states.
I was caught texting on my phone like last week and that’s why I believe I got the CCA, and my ETL also warned me that the CCA was coming. And she also told me that I have about 8 performance talks documented. I have been at target for a year and 6 months and my position is Softlines (A&A Team member). I honestly was unaware about these 8 performance talks that have been documented.

So recently my co-worker and I were talking , and she told me that Target is going to be increasing our pay to $15 an hour, but she also told me scary news. She told me that my target is also going to be letting certain people go in each department. My question is, is this ethical and can my target actually let people go ? What would them letting people go be considered ? Could this be mere gossip?

And my second question is, I logged in to Kronos , and saw on my schedule that I have A/Seller next to my scheduled shift. I honestly have no idea what —> A/Seller <—- means and in my opinion it looks shifty. Can someone elaborate ?

Being past your 90 days, it’s a pretty involved process to term you. You’ll need at least another corrective action for a similar related issue, which could result in a final warning, which if you have another issue while on a final, could result in termination.

Performance talks = coachings. Leaders/HR can see them in the system, but they aren’t visible by the TM. Usually you need multiple coachings before doing a CCA, unless it’s a conduct/NCNS issue. They have to be for somewhat similar/related things though. If you’re on a CCA for texting, and you’re late the next day, they won’t move you to a final warning for that. They’d coach you for it then if you continued being late it would be another, different CCA.

A lot of stores are reporting some sort of ‘thinning of the herd’, but this is very ASANTS. Some speculate they’re trying to get rid of long timers or those with lots of hours/benefits. You’re too new to fall under that. The other theory is they’re taking modernization as a chance to dump anyone who they don’t think pulls their weight. A chance to ‘work out the ones that suck’ etc. Even in these cases, they’ll have to follow the process of coachings CCAs final warning etc.

It’s called ‘performancing out’. Being held accountable for the smallest things that used to not be watched so much. Being held to unrealistic expectations. Getting caught breaking the smallest, seemingly inconsequential rules. Don’t make it easy for them to do it. The point of corrective action is to correct problems with a TM. So work hard, do your job to the best of your ability and stay off your phone, and they won’t have a reason to performance you out. The goal of corrective action is to improve the TMs performance, not get rid of them.

Every time your TL tells you how to do something or to not do something, they can record it as a performance talk. It can also be good things. It is just documentation of what you know. So if your TL has told you to put your phone away before, that can be part of it (as well as making sure to put bras on the right hanger and to double check that you pulled ALL the signs on Saturday.)

Yes, you can be fired if you don’t follow directions. I don’t see why you think you wouldn’t be fired if you were told to stay off your phone and you didn’t.

I have the same problem of playing on my phone too much. If I get coached/CCA over it I think I'd have to leave in in my locker to keep from checking it every 10 minutes. These things are pretty addictive.

Hello I just checked Workday and I see that I have a notification for a —-> Manager Evaluation: Unacceptable conduct counseling <—- This is what it states.
I was caught texting on my phone like last week and that’s why I believe I got the CCA, and my ETL also warned me that the CCA was coming. And she also told me that I have about 8 performance talks documented. I have been at target for a year and 6 months and my position is Softlines (A&A Team member). I honestly was unaware about these 8 performance talks that have been documented.

So recently my co-worker and I were talking , and she told me that Target is going to be increasing our pay to $15 an hour, but she also told me scary news. She told me that my target is also going to be letting certain people go in each department. My question is, is this ethical and can my target actually let people go ? What would them letting people go be considered ? Could this be mere gossip?

And my second question is, I logged in to Kronos , and saw on my schedule that I have A/Seller next to my scheduled shift. I honestly have no idea what —> A/Seller <—- means and in my opinion it looks shifty. Can someone elaborate ?

So you been 8 documented performance talks 🤔 I think you need to go back to every conversation your TL had with you about the things you did wrong and think about how you can do better. If you're getting a CCA over texting then maybe it's time to leave your phone in your locker and focus on work. Now for the modernization rumor that Target is trying to let go of people. Why would I pay you $15 an hour, with 8 performance and a CCA? If you can't pull your weight and focus on your work then I'm gonna work on performancing you out. Long time TMS are being let go because of pay or benefits. Most of them have a set schedule and aren't global on their department. [Before anyone argues different- each store has their own reasons why] They have been told they need to open their availability and that they will be expected to keep up with their work load. Some have decided, it's not worth it to them so they are leaving. My advice is to you put your head down and work extremely hard. As for the shift tag, that's new to me. I'd ask your TL or HR.

Every time your TL tells you how to do something or to not do something, they can record it as a performance talk. It can also be good things. It is just documentation of what you know. So if your TL has told you to put your phone away before, that can be part of it (as well as making sure to put bras on the right hanger and to double check that you pulled ALL the signs on Saturday.)

Yes, you can be fired if you don’t follow directions. I don’t see why you think you wouldn’t be fired if you were told to stay off your phone and you didn’t.

I get that you can be fired if you don’t follow the rules but what I heard was a modernization thing that target is doing, in conjunction with the pay increase, they’re also gonna let people go in each department , but like how is that possible to just let people go without a warning of a Final? That is where I am confused. I’m guessing maybe it’s just gossip.

So you been 8 documented performance talks 🤔 I think you need to go back to every conversation your TL had with you about the things you did wrong and think about how you can do better. If you're getting a CCA over texting then maybe it's time to leave your phone in your locker and focus on work. Now for the modernization rumor that Target is trying to let go of people. Why would I pay you $15 an hour, with 8 performance and a CCA? If you can't pull your weight and focus on your work then I'm gonna work on performancing you out. Long time TMS are being let go because of pay or benefits. Most of them have a set schedule and aren't global on their department. [Before anyone argues different- each store has their own reasons why] They have been told they need to open their availability and that they will be expected to keep up with their work load. Some have decided, it's not worth it to them so they are leaving. My advice is to you put your head down and work extremely hard. As for the shift tag, that's new to me. I'd ask your TL or HR.

The thing is, those 8 performance talks are about little things I swear. I even spoke to my TL in shock that I have 8 performance talks because every time I’m closing or opening , I always do what I’m suppose to do. I guess the performance talks piled up from the year and 6 months that I’ve been working at target. Also the being caught on phone situation is the first time I was caught on my phone, it’s not a regular thing I do. I’m jus kind of scared because of the CCA I got for it. And also scared about the speculation of Target letting people go abruptly with no final.

I get that you can be fired if you don’t follow the rules but what I heard was a modernization thing that target is doing, in conjunction with the pay increase, they’re also gonna let people go in each department , but like how is that possible to just let people go without a warning of a Final? That is where I am confused. I’m guessing maybe it’s just gossip.

To ease your mind, when you are over 90 days Target WILL NOT abruptly fire you without cause. They will make damn sure you deserved it. With that said you, with a CCA, are a step closer to the door than a tm without one so from now on keep doing what your supposed to, stop doing what you're not supposed to and you won't need to worry about being let go.

Modernization is making stores more aware of who can and cannot transition to the new process. Leadership is definitely watching our performance now more than ever so if you find yourself having more conversations than before be aware that they are looking at you. But if you stay sharp, learn the new tasks and do the work you are being asked to do as best you can you hopefully will stay on.

Some of the new rules with modernization are really getting out of hand. Have a hardline TM who was told to stop any conversations with other TM's. So now all of us in hardlines are not allowed to have any kind of conversation with any other TM's. But if you are in softlines or the check lanes and guest services you can have all the conversations you want without any one being told not to. It will be a shame if anything happens with him because he is really a well liked person.

Nah. It's very irritating seeing a TM using their phones constantly. I've let it slide without second guessing many times but when I feel the person's sense of urgency is being demolished by personal time using their device I will administer a formal talk and coaching.

It isnt so bad if its once in a while. We all have lives outside of work and need to check up on things while at work, not a big deal but when the work is being affected, that's a problem for the business.

Stay off your phone, you will be fine. Pay attention to detail, ask questions in an intelligent manner, be vigilant to the business and workload. That's probably all they are trying to accomplish.

Dont pay attention to word of mouth from other coworkers. Do you and do your job. That's why you're there, right? Good luck.

Nah. It's very irritating seeing a TM using their phones constantly. I've let it slide without second guessing many times but when I feel the person's sense of urgency is being demolished by personal time using their device I will administer a formal talk and coaching.

It isnt so bad if its once in a while. We all have lives outside of work and need to check up on things while at work, not a big deal but when the work is being affected, that's a problem for the business.

Stay off your phone, you will be fine. Pay attention to detail, ask questions in an intelligent manner, be vigilant to the business and workload. That's probably all they are trying to accomplish.

Dont pay attention to word of mouth from other coworkers. Do you and do your job. That's why you're there, right? Good luck.
The TM's at my store who are on their phones constantly are several of my front end leaders.

Lots of really good advice for you here, use it. If you. 1. STOP doing the things that you have been told NOT to do and 2. DO the things that you are asked to do,
Then you will be fine

They won't be letting people go without a final except in extreme circumstances (theft, decking your boss, etc.)

That said, they are pushing the store’s to take a hard look at their teams and whether or not the company is getting good work from those team members. If you can’t pull your weight, they want you to go. So if you aren’t able to perform well, expect to find alternate employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back