Archived Just got hired as a GSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making it right for the guest will supersede policy 99% of the time. I've seen GSAs and GSTLs bend over backwards to keep a guest from calling Guest Relations or giving a negative survey. One of our newer GSAs enforced policy, but then that guest came up to Guest Services and asked to speak to HER manager. They will keep digging until they find someone who will give them what they want. It sure ain't easy being a GSA/GSTL.

Adding onto this though, sometimes I'm willing to take a bad survey rather than skirt policy.

Example: If a guest doesn't have their ID and wants to pick up 5 Apple Watches, they're out of luck. Feel free to call Guest Relations.

If the item is just something off the floor and say $5 and you have the email, yeah sure, but make sure you have your ID next time. Clarify that your GSTM was adhering to policy, but you chose to skirt policy due to the nature of the item.

If you have coupons that I decline, you can get lost and leave as many bad surveys as you want.

Thank you for this information. I will definitely use it during my first few weeks. My main issue was that I did not want the cashiers/cart attendants to feel as if I don't have the know how to run the team. With any luck, it won't be so bad. I have my first day coming up soon. I will be shadowing one of the GSTLs. Hope it goes well :)

@myDevice

Coming back from whatever time later, another important life skill concerning how to be a good leader: learn to make good decisions quickly
God I used to struggle with this a lot when I first started as a baby GSA. You'll need to make some decisions that affect how your day/week/month will go. Learn to weigh your options and ask for help if you think you need it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back