Archived Just got hired as an APS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm psyched! Any advice(about the job itself, AP world or Target in general) from anyone is welcome. I'm new to target, never worked retail-loss prevention.

-Zen

Welcome to The Break Room! Because of the nature of Hardlines 4, don't expect to find a lot of info about it in the threads. Any info you do receive will most likely be via private message.

Yeah I figured no one would put specifics (TTPs) out in the open that would be crazy. I'm just curious about general things; Target "culture", how AP personnel get to interact with the other employees, what it's like to work at Target, basic stuff. I'm also unfamiliar with who the other AP people are here that are active on the board, who are some of the people I can pm?

-Zen

Your best bets are probably ap215 and Carts. ap215 is an APTL and Carts is a TPS. I'm not sure if we have another APS here, though one could be lurking along with some APLs and an ETL-AP or two.

First off lets me say welcome to thebreakroom Fellow AP.Now we have the whole cycle in thebreakroom. But AP215 is leaving us soon. :( . If you ever want to chat on AP topics feel free to PM either of us(IM sure ap215 wouldnt mind).There are a few other TPS and AP personnel but they are low-key and not active like we are.

So I will answer a couple of your questions but these are all how I see things.

Working for Target for me has to been one of my greater choices. I started off as a Cart Attendant.I showed effort with the AP team and was doing minor TPS stuff before I was hired. Moved up to TPS about a yearish later. Im like 3-4 months in and I'm already shadowing people in the I.C for development.There are opportunities to move up you just have to connect with people and show them that your worth putting time and effort for development.

Which brings me to my next subject ...connecting with other AP . Ive never worked with an APS before but one sure thing I would say is reach out the the surrounding stores in your district. If you get somebody trying to return a bunch of merchandise and you look up the POS and find out they used a mass load of coupons at another store fake or not thats a great excuse to call their AP and let them know what happened. Not doing it to say hey your store cashiers suck, but It gives you a chance to talk to somebody outside of your store and let them get to know you.

Also get to know the people in the IC. When you arrive for work today check in with the PTT each shift stating your name position and store #. IT gives them a chance to hear your voice and know who you are . You can even call them for help if you needed it. The ones in my district all nice and helpful. I myself have been trying to get to know other TPS in the district and let them know that they can call me for any random bs . Whether its a question about hows my day going, whats going on at my store,is something on workbench not working right now.

As far as Team Member interaction im not too sure..because you are plain clothed you wont be interacting that much with TMs on the floor,nor would you be at Huddle ,so AP215 would best be able to answer something like that since I've never worked with an APS.

Last thing I would say is that AP is great field to get in and all. But with Target being like a non-confrontational company it sucks with some of the restrictions that we have.

Feel free to PM me about anything. Id love to hear what you got going on in your district and would do the same for you.

Last edited:
Hi, I just signed up here as well. I'm an IC tech and I've been with Target for about 5 years, 3 with AP. Feel free to ask anything about AP, but I can't speak to store culture too well because I haven't worked in one for a couple years.

Hi, I just signed up here as well. I'm an IC tech and I've been with Target for about 5 years, 3 with AP. Feel free to ask anything about AP, but I can't speak to store culture too well because I haven't worked in one for a couple years.
The things I'd do to have your job..

What's your hours like.? Curious.

One opening shift a week, two closing shifts, two mids. Eight hours per shift. No overtime except for in emergencies like late safe and secure incidents or when we are short staffed for vacations. Must work 40 hours, not that thats a bad thing. I make the schedule for my team but there's no special treatment in it for me, everyone gets a fair schedule.

Just sent yall a pm, my bad if I sent it twice. I'm not use to the forums msg system

One opening shift a week, two closing shifts, two mids. Eight hours per shift. No overtime except for in emergencies like late safe and secure incidents or when we are short staffed for vacations. Must work 40 hours, not that thats a bad thing. I make the schedule for my team but there's no special treatment in it for me, everyone gets a fair schedule.

What's the worst part you feel about your job?
Also Zen I will reply to you when I get a chance

I've been TPS and STPS at three different stores over three years, and have really enjoyed it everywhere. AP is the place to be in Spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back