Archived Just got retained permanently, how to push for team lead?

What’s the most valuable trait of a future target team leader?

• Knowing everything about every department

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Knowing how to train others

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Knowing who to be friends with on the team and who not to

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • It’s simply the luck of the draw

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Something else

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. You should ask for a sit down with ETL/TL. Annual review is in April, but you shouldn't wait that long. Also, it would be good to already be working on leadership things when your annual review comes. Also, frankly, I spend more time and energy on reviewing, training, and delegating to those I know are interested in moving up.

I definitely do that. Right now it’s insane I can’t even finish all the tasks ...

Good or bad? As Demi lovato says... what’s wrong with being confident?

Knowing your skills and your limits help a lot when you are shooting for a management job.
Being confident is important as long as it doesn't come across as overbearing.
Getting to know the people around you and what their skill and weaknesses are, also helps.
If you know when to step in to back someone up and how to keep the team solid, that will make people look to you as a center.
People in charge notice that.
The good ones will work to get you into a place where that will serve the store, the bad ones will try to crush you for fear of competition.

Last edited:
I have one that’s the queen of gossip here but she took a shine to me so she helped me understand who I should trust and who I shouldn’t... maybe I can use her gossips as cues to help these people in the softlines half. Like when she says “so and so keeps straying from the evening zoning loop” or “she doesn’t know how to transfer calls on the phone” I can give those people friendly advice?

I have one that’s the queen of gossip here but she took a shine to me so she helped me understand who I should trust and who I shouldn’t... maybe I can use her gossips as cues to help these people in the softlines half. Like when she says “so and so keeps straying from the evening zoning loop” or “she doesn’t know how to transfer calls on the phone” I can give those people friendly advice?

I wouldn't act like their boss so skip the first one but if you can help someone learn something that is a good thing.
Having people turn to you for answers is a good thing (as long as you have the right answers).

On the other hand, I would stay as far away from gossips as possible.
Drama is bad for bosses.

Oh shit, watch out, she can fold a shirt or two, and go up for back up.... fuck being a TL lets just make her STL already.

Oh shit, watch out, she can fold a shirt or two, and go up for back up.... fuck being a TL lets just make her STL already.

I found her to be slightly arrogant and ahead of herself (her leaders may not even think shes tl material) but no need to be condescending..

I think they were saying I’m arrogant. Lol.
I don’t try to be, it’s like I came from a 6 year bank career with tremendous pressure on me so to me, Target is so much easier.
It’s like if you had to go lift dumbbells for an hour and then you got to switch to a machine that only made you lift 40 lbs ... everything would seem weightless

No it’s just an analogy. Name any task that’s hard and do that for a few hours and then switch to another task that still takes energy and effort but isn’t as intense and that’s how I feel about switching from banking to uh.. Targeting

Yeah I am into fitness but that dumbbell thing was an analogy

I get that it was an analogy, if you can lift 2 40lbs Dumbells, switch ur username to She Hulk bruh

Reactions: Him
I meant liar, im drunk off food, dont judge me.

But real talk, if you plan to make being a TL your goal while at Target,I hope you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back