Archived Just Hired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I found out last night that my final interview went well and I'll be offered a position with Target as a ETL...pending my drug test. I'm excited for this opportunity and look forward to the experience. I'm hoping to find out what ETL Position I'll be moving into. My first interview indiciated Logistics, but my face to face interviews indicated I might be placed into another ETL slot.

A little background on myself:

-I've served thirteen years in the Military, eight years as a Military Intelligence Army Officer
-Two Combat Deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan
-B.S. Degree in Criminal Justice (Masters Degree almost complete)
-I'm moving into the Army Reserves to continue my service

I've been doing some research on this site and I appreciate all the information many of you have shared. I look forward to transitioning from a Military Officer into the Retail community.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Have to say, you sound way over qualified for the position.

When I first interviewed with the HR on the phone, she was recommending me for a STL position based on my command experience, however, the DTL prefered to see me as a ETL first....seeing how my experience in the civilian workforce is limited....I worked as a Fuel Facility Supervisor at the Rochester International Airport when I was in college...but that is my experience in the civilian workforce.

I've researched Target and they appear to be friendly toward transitioning Military members and I think this is something I can be good at and grow within an organization....while working alongside good people.

Well, thank you for your service.

It sounds like Logistics or Assets Protection would be your best bets.

Well, thank you for your service.

It sounds like Logistics or Assets Protection would be your best bets.
Thank you for your support.

I'll have a better idea tomorrow, I'm supposed to be contacted to set up my drug test. When I did my first face to face, the STL Interviewed with said the opening at her store was Logistics, which is nice because it is a mile from my house.

When I find out the ETL position, I'll update you all :)

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Have to say, you sound way over qualified for the position.[/QUOTE

I've researched Target and they appear to be friendly toward transitioning Military members and I think this is something I can be good at and grow within an organization....while working alongside good people.
It is highly suggest to remove the location info in your quote.

Last edited:
As a former Military member myself (Military Police), I got hired quite quickly for TPS, which is the uniformed portion of Assets Protection. Definitely go for AP. I think you'll move up quickly. If not, just get what you can get and work toward it.

I hope you get something that does your experience justice (most of it anyway).

Read the ETL position
As a former Military member myself (Military Police), I got hired quite quickly for TPS, which is the uniformed portion of Assets Protection. Definitely go for AP. I think you'll move up quickly. If not, just get what you can get and work toward it.

I hope you get something that does your experience justice (most of it anyway).
When I was enlisted, I was Military Police as well....I'm very interested in that and logistics.

A brief update:

My background check was completed and I'm now good to go to join Target now. The District Team Leader sent me a congratulations email and welcomed me to the Target team.

I'll start in two weeks, I'm supposed to get contacted about the details in regards to training and what store in the District I'll be training at. I'm hoping to hear more about the ETL position, specifically if it is logistics or Asset Protection (as I read on this site, that may take sometime).

I'm looking to start this new chapter in my life :)

Hello again,

My ETL journey will begin in Asset Protection....I start training this week. I'm a little surprised, thought I be logistics, however, looking at this site and speaking to people....many former Military personnel appeared to placed into Asset Protection.

I'll now start researching this position, regardless....I'm looking forward to starting this position :)

Hello again,

My ETL journey will begin in Asset Protection....I start training this week. I'm a little surprised, thought I be logistics, however, looking at this site and speaking to people....many former Military personnel appeared to placed into Asset Protection.

I'll now start researching this position, regardless....I'm looking forward to starting this position :)

Best of luck to you. If you have any questions, we have plenty of AP folks here who can help, including at least one ETL-AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back