Archived Just in the news - Target in trouble for overpricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know Target doesn't do this intentionally, so customer misunderstanding if they think that.
But this all comes down to the current Target attitude in doing the right things. Right now, I feel Target's management attitude or "get it knowledge" is at an ALL-TIME LOW!

I have said this many times before, glad that I am right and now it's a national spotlight problem.

Hate to say "I told you so" but yeah, I TOLD YOU SO!

1) FLEXING so carelessly will bite you in the ass so hard!

2) CUT HOURS of planogram, pricing, ad TMs will bite you in the ass so hard! These are also necessary TMs not only flow and Sales Floor are important.

3) Hire CLUELESS/ STUPID employees that just push stuff everywhere without caring that it's in the right places will bite you in the ass so hard!

Last edited:
I have seen incorrect oz on packaged fruit in PFresh.

I have also seen incorrect quantities on items like diapers or wipes in baby.

ie. the label says 4 oz blueberries, when the package says 3.5 oz. Or 100 diapers for the case on the label, but the package contains 94.

ETA: And I am constantly finding old ad signs that are still up.

It has been a known issue by Spot at HQ level for some time if you review the official boards. Some of the pricing workload for changes made/makes no sense in anyway but the ever helpful my support recommends the labels be put up.

The bigger issue might be what software is being used to calculate unit price and why the unit price is being changed when many times the weight remains constant. Someone at HQ trying to justify their job?

$4 Million... there is our further payroll/hours deduction, I assume? Not to sound negative, but Target practice is now a joke! This is probably going to be what's going to happen, and we are NEVER EVER gonna catch up on getting all the workload done! Customers are going to realize soon what's the truth.

$4 Million... there is our further payroll/hours deduction, I assume? Not to sound negative, but Target practice is a joke! This is probably going to be what's going to happen, and we are NEVER EVER gonna catch up on getting all the workload done!

Ugh us too.

Cutting hours makes things worse not better, you save a dime to lose a dollar.

I get that finding expired signs is frustrating, but we always fix it for the guest, so what's the problem? Also, Kroger is REALLY bad about leaving up old signs. And Kroger won't fix shit for anybody.

I'm just really sick of items being listed online with the incorrect size (ex. 35 ct. Tide Pods vs. 16 ct. Tide Pods) because then all the damn couponers order them for in-store pick up and want to use all their coupons and throw a shit fit when they get to the store and we bring out a 16 ct instead of the 35 ct. that was described online. I had a confrontation with a lady yesterday about this and it's not the first time it's happened.

The bigger issue might be what software is being used to calculate unit price and why the unit price is being changed when many times the weight remains constant. Someone at HQ trying to justify their job?

Trust me, I am pretty sure it's a lot more management issues than a software problem.

I am certain both are problems and you are most likely correct as nobody was catching these mistakes and there is not enough time or enough team members to take down signs properly.
Trust me, I am pretty sure it's a lot more management issues than a software problem.

I like to argue that our software is actually pretty competent, I can do pretty much everything. However, it is often painfully slow. Not sure what the deal is, sometimes going to print labels takes 10 minutes now, hang up at the "Please wait..." .

The only thing I don't know and what I like to know is how do I tell how many items that I've to deal with in a certain pull. I don't know how to do that, but I thought that can be done.

The Revision problem that only change the shelf schematic # I am leaning towards an User error, rather than software one.

The main (biggest) problem, I guess , is cutting hours at where it is necessary to function correctly.

Last edited:
Now I know Target doesn't do this intentionally, so customer misunderstanding if they think that.
I don't agree with this. There have been instances where I believe Target is being deliberately dishonest about their pricing and deals. For example: putting up signs in front of items that aren't even part of a promotional deal (i.e. buy this many and get a free giftcard) or signs that say big savings/as advertised when it's actually a higher price than the shelf label. I'm not talking about signs being in the wrong place, I'm talking about the ones being placed as instructed by corporate.

I don't agree with this. There have been instances where I believe Target is being deliberately dishonest about their pricing and deals. For example: putting up signs in front of items that aren't even part of a promotional deal (i.e. buy this many and get a free giftcard) or signs that say big savings/as advertised when it's actually a higher price than the shelf label. I'm not talking about signs being in the wrong place, I'm talking about the ones being placed as instructed by corporate.

Honestly never saw that myself, as either an employee or a shopper.

As far as I am aware, Target is honest, but a lot of employees working at Target make all sorts of errors! Not well trained? Dumb? Just don't care? I don't know, but when I try to do MY JOB RIGHT, it became a huge issue that how much mistake there are as far as where items really goes on the shelf!

Last edited:
Honestly never saw that myself, as either an employee or a shopper.

As far as I am aware, Target is honest, but a lot of employees working at Target make all sorts of errors! Not well trained? Dumb? Just don't care? I don't know, but when I try to do MY JOB RIGHT, it became a huge issue that how much mistake there are as far as where items really goes on the shelf!

I have seen the as advertised for a lower price than the shelf label and vice versa.

I get that finding expired signs is frustrating, but we always fix it for the guest, so what's the problem?
I think the problem as described in the lawsuit is that a lot of guests don't notice, and this amount is much more than the amount that do and get the price changed. So somebody notices that we aren't taking our signs down because hours are being cut, and sues because they were charged a higher than advertised price.

Hours should NOT be cut from pricing, planogram, ad prep period. If anything, extend these necessary dept hours as needed.

If co. really want to save hours, why not start by eliminate dumb stuff? Like wasting time procedures (like changing shelves that only change the .01 to .o2 for no good reason).

Or change an endcap EVERY single freaking week?

So much of what Target does now doesn't make much sense! Trying to cut hours, but keep CREATING unnecessary work!

Last edited:
A guest mentioned this to me at checkout today. I doubt it will hurt sales. Still, 4 million wasted that could have been put into hiring more staff and making sure new tms are trained for more than 2 hours.

I like to argue that our software is actually pretty competent, I can do pretty much everything. However, it is often painfully slow. Not sure what the deal is, sometimes going to print labels takes 10 minutes now, hang up at the "Please wait..." .

The only thing I don't know and what I like to know is how do I tell how many items that I've to deal with in a certain pull. I don't know how to do that, but I thought that can be done.

The Revision problem that only change the shelf schematic # I am leaning towards an User error, rather than software one.

The main (biggest) problem, I guess , is cutting hours at where it is necessary to function correctly.
Are you talking about looking under the Logistics app under myProgress on the PDA? That will give you how many DPCIs are in a pull and how many eaches that pull is. Though note it's not always correct. I think it might be more of an estimate. Because we've had some 36,999 eaches SEAS pull in there.

Are you talking about looking under the Logistics app under myProgress on the PDA? That will give you how many DPCIs are in a pull and how many eaches that pull is. Though note it's not always correct. I think it might be more of an estimate. Because we've had some 36,999 eaches SEAS pull in there.

Thanks I never learned how to check items in a pull, but I am going to looking into that.

When I am pulling an 100+ items pull, I would like to know in advance I am going to be pulling for a long time instead of having no idea.

Thanks I never learned how to check items in a pull, but I am going to looking into that.

When I am pulling an 100+ items pull, I would like to know in advance I am going to be pulling for a long time instead of having no idea.
I use it all the time to know if I can fly through the batches or let someone know, hey I'm going to be back here for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back