Archived Just put on a FINAL. Yay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was called in today and put on a final for working. Yes, still they just say “not meeting expectations” even though I have said I am working to the best of my ability every time they ask me. It’s quite humorous because there’s probably 5-10 people I know of who are older and slower, yet no issue with them. I have explained this point blank to them, and of course they have no answer. This may be a little pre-mature to say I’m leaving, but I feel I’m being railroaded.

Do you complain to them daily? Do you listen to their requests and say it can’t be done before trying?
I think a lot of it is attitude. My leaders never hear or see me complain. And I do knock
Modernization with employees through the day. Just not around any leaders at all. Never. That’s what I come here for. 😝

Seems like they just keep who they want. Just from what I see, I get “talked to,” yet there are 20 y/o female guest service associates who don’t do jack and can’t lift a tube of toothpaste yet they are irreplaceable. It’s pretty silly.

Seems like they just keep who they want. Just from what I see, I get “talked to,” yet there are 20 y/o female guest service associates who don’t do jack and can’t lift a tube of toothpaste yet they are irreplaceable. It’s pretty silly.
They are definitely not irreplaceable. But I agree with @Ashfromoldsite , a positive attitude goes a long way with leadership (this applies anywhere, not just at Spot), and someone who is negative and complains a lot may be looked on as a liability.

there’s probably 5-10 people I know of who are older and slower, yet no issue with them. I have explained this point blank to them, and of course they have no answer.

CCAs by nature are confidential. If other TMs are on CCAs or finals, leadership isn't going to confirm or deny when you bring it up. They very well could be in the same boat.

CCAs by nature are confidential. If other TMs are on CCAs or finals, leadership isn't going to confirm or deny when you bring it up. They very well could be in the same boat.

literally it's called a confidential corrective action lmao

nah let's tell everyone about that shit

Well...they can want (and get) both...positive attitudes and good workers. Not too much to ask as an employer.

Well...they can want (and get) both...positive attitudes and good workers. Not too much to ask as an employer.
But with the expectations that are placed on TMs now, meeting all expectations is a dream, not living reality. So with current standards, Target can get positive attitudes but will always fall short on their definition of good workers.

But with the expectations that are placed on TMs now, meeting all expectations is a dream, not living reality. So with current standards, Target can get positive attitudes but will always fall short on their definition of good workers.
It is so similar to Kmart circa 1999

Especially;

1. MyGofer was the Kmart experiment with drive up order fulfillment. But they had the same issues as Target does (or will have) They cannot make enough profit profit for drive ups to justify having more than 1-2 employees even at busy times doing this job. Kmart had My Gofer in late 2009 where I worked and it was a failure. Not even sure if Kmart still does it. You can get Amazon items shipped in ONE DAY, for a lot less money, so eventually there won’t be people driving to Target to pay more just because they can’t wait 24 hours...

Last edited:
I've seen it happen at my store where really good workers and even leaders are given impossible expectations and eventually run out, and others who are loafers somehow hang on forever. Find a new job in a place where what you have to offer is appreciated.
That’s my plan, but it’s interesting to have worked for both Kmart and Target and you can see the similarities and the latter making the same mistakes, just a couple decades later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back