COVID-19 keeping safe and healthy in this pandemic

so what is everyone doing to keep themselves from catching COVID-19? im just washing my hands every chance i get and stay away from everyone as much as i can

I took a two month LOA, one month paid (asthma). I've always been a nut about handwashing so no problems there. I practice physical distancing when I have to go out, (which is rarely), and I wear gloves and a mask as well. I tried making my own masks but they came out rough, so I ordered a few from Etsy. Only received one so far, but it's decent.

Trying to keep my husband on track is practically a full-time job, lol. Why are men so damn stubborn?!

My sister and I wipe down or spray the counters and handles, knobs, etc occasionally but I'm not a fanatic about it, as I AM fanatical about not touching my face with my hands.

Wear a mask 19hrs/day. Shower after work. Wash and sanitize hands at every opportunity. Make 1 shopping trip every 2 weeks for things not found at Target. Disinfect handles and knobs regularly. Also take Emergen-C as if it helps.

I wear a company supplied mask at work. I wore one at a local hardware store because they were required for guests. I've always washed my hands thoroughly when I've left work. Other than that, nothing.

Wear a mask during my shifts and whenever I go inside any other building other than my own house, which is hardly at all. Wash my hands even more than I did before, which was rather often. (Done work in food service in the past where hand-washing is kind of important.) Stay distant from everyone, especially those guests who think they're special and don't need to wear a mask.
But I don't spray everything at home with disinfectant or jump in the shower as soon as I get home. And I don't wear gloves, just keep my hands away from my face.
Since there are so many mask-less guests at my store, I've been considering if I should go back to my regular grocery store. Figured since I was already at Target, just stay a bit longer and pick up a few things. Lately, I've become uncomfortable with that and just want to leave asap.

I take vitamin C as well - probably bollocks but couldn't hurt.

Vitamin C is great for your immune system. It's not going to keep you from getting a disease, but it will help your immune system respond. It's not a cure for anything. Just helps recovery for minor things like colds. Probably, not going to do much against Corona, but can't hurt in moderation.

Source: Medical professionals in the family.

Protip: If you ever have a cold, take one of those Emergence-C packets. They help with the symptoms fast.

Wear a mask during my shifts and whenever I go inside any other building other than my own house, which is hardly at all. Wash my hands even more than I did before, which was rather often. (Done work in food service in the past where hand-washing is kind of important.) Stay distant from everyone, especially those guests who think they're special and don't need to wear a mask.
But I don't spray everything at home with disinfectant or jump in the shower as soon as I get home. And I don't wear gloves, just keep my hands away from my face.
Since there are so many mask-less guests at my store, I've been considering if I should go back to my regular grocery store. Figured since I was already at Target, just stay a bit longer and pick up a few things. Lately, I've become uncomfortable with that and just want to leave asap.

Here is the crux of the debate for me, and I know I'm going to catch flack for this, but here goes. You say "guests who think they're special and don't need to wear a mask." Well, some people don't want to. And unless it's a business that requires it inside or in a jurisdiction where you are required, won't wear one. But you go on to also say that "I don't wear gloves, just keep my hands away from my face." Some people think everyone should.

I'm not picking on you personally, I'm just saying everyone has their own thoughts about this. All you can do is govern yourself.

I personally think my nephew has gone crazy. His young children, in a small town in Ohio with no cases, have not been outside even on their own yard, since late March. Not outside. But I'm not him.

Last edited:
I took a two month LOA, one month paid (asthma). I've always been a nut about handwashing so no problems there. I practice physical distancing when I have to go out, (which is rarely), and I wear gloves and a mask as well. I tried making my own masks but they came out rough, so I ordered a few from Etsy. Only received one so far, but it's decent.

Trying to keep my husband on track is practically a full-time job, lol. Why are men so damn stubborn?!

My sister and I wipe down or spray the counters and handles, knobs, etc occasionally but I'm not a fanatic about it, as I AM fanatical about not touching my face with my hands.
i took a one month paid LOA due to my asthma but recently started back working. just been wearing mask and gloves at work and frequent hand washing. i dont wear mask outside of work though. i considered taking a 2nd 30day unpaid LOA but decided against it. im the front of store attendant too

In March I was paranoid - even took a few sick days out - not sick but not wanting to be in the store.
After a few days at home I was itching to go back - with full riot gear - gloves, mask, distancing, washing hands every hour, avoiding touching face, shoes left outside when I got home, clothes in washer, shower, etc.
Each day I got less and less cautious. Now I only wash my hands before eating. No mask, no gloves, shoulder to shoulder with other tm’s, no shower/change of clothes when i get home...even though we have had multiple cases in our store ........time will tell how it works out for me. I’m just tired of all the precautions.

Hand washing/sanitizer... but I'm kind of a germaphobe so this isn't a new practice for me.
I put on a mask for work and I wear one if I'm out picking up groceries.
I stay home when I don't have to work or get groceries. I take walks to get some sun and fresh air. But I'm good staying at home - I'm an introvert and a homebody so I have plenty of video games, streaming services, music, coloring, etc. to keep me entertained.

I qualify for the 30 day paid leave but I'm trying to hold out until it starts spreading in my county. We only had a few cases in my county and all had recovered, but now there's a few more, so we'll see what happens with that. A few TMs took their leave right away and now they're back to work and mad they took it so early when we didn't have a case spread here.

Mask at the store, washing, Target brand Purell, distancing (that's easy for an old Captain) no C19 on the golf course, no C19 on the banks of the trout streams.

Hand washing/sanitizer... but I'm kind of a germaphobe so this isn't a new practice for me.
I stay home when I don't have to work or get groceries. I take walks to get some sun and fresh air. But I'm good staying at home - I'm an introvert and a homebody so I have plenty of video games, streaming services, music, coloring, etc. to keep me entertained.

I qualify for the 30 day paid leave but I'm trying to hold out until it starts spreading in my county. We only had a few cases in my county and all had recovered, but now there's a few more, so we'll see what happens with that. A few TMs took their leave right away and now they're back to work and mad they took it so early when we didn't have a case spread here.
Yes, I took my leave right before the crap hit the fan in my state.

In March I was paranoid - even took a few sick days out - not sick but not wanting to be in the store.
After a few days at home I was itching to go back - with full riot gear - gloves, mask, distancing, washing hands every hour, avoiding touching face, shoes left outside when I got home, clothes in washer, shower, etc.
Each day I got less and less cautious. Now I only wash my hands before eating. No mask, no gloves, shoulder to shoulder with other tm’s, no shower/change of clothes when i get home...even though we have had multiple cases in our store ........time will tell how it works out for me. I’m just tired of all the precautions.
Maybe you could split the difference? Like wearing a mask at work to protect your fellow TMs and practicing social distancing, which I believe are both pretty much required by Target (or at least strongly encouraged). One of the main reasons I took my leave was fellow TMs not keeping their distance and rolling up on me way too close. But I can't stay on leave forever, and fellow TMs praticing responsible behaviors goes a long way towards keeping everyone safe.

Last edited:

You need to start paid leave before May 31, so don't think too long.

Back