Archived Know there is a dating thread but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Master Thread Maker
...this is a special situation. What do you do if you actually get your fellow TM pregnant? My girlfriend and I work at the same store. We met over the summer last year during the back to school rush and attend the same university so I see her all the time. The people where we work pretty much know but as far as telling people about the pregnancy we've kept it hush hush but pretty soon it's going to be obvious. I'm trying to get the courage to tell my STL but I'm worried about what could happen. It's not like I slept with a higher up and am getting special treatment. I know this is a weird thing to ask about but let's face it...shit happens.

Hopefully, you can trust your hr & let them know. They can help you with insurance, etc..
That should be fun our HR-ETL is a dick. I'm pretty sure he's going to try and say one of us has to go because it's a "conflict of interest" and will find some bullshit explanation as to why.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're both TM's but work in different areas of the store. I'm on the floor constantly she works mostly in the back room.

Then you guys did nothing wrong according to Target's playbook.

Mazel Tov!
That's what I was assuming. Now I can put her mind at ease but still not looking forward to dealing with HR.

I think she should talk to to your hr, shes the one going on maternity leave eventually. This situation shouldn't affect you guys. At my store most of the tms are related some way.

We had TMs who were married, engaged and living together at my store so I don't see why there should be any problem.
I agree with Inigma that she would be the one going to HR since she will need the medical leave.
You really don't have much to do with telling them anything actually.

Mazel Tov!

My store has had TMs ranging from husband and wife (a TL/Tm - different work centers), father and son, mother and son, brothers, sisters and cousins.

Working at Target is apparently a family affair.

My store has had TMs ranging from husband and wife (a TL/Tm - different work centers), father and son, mother and son, brothers, sisters and cousins.

Working at Target is apparently a family affair.
If my child ever works at Target I would be so proud that they continued the tradition of horrible retail work.

If my child ever works at Target I would be so proud that they continued the tradition of horrible retail work.
What, you don't want your child to have access to the incredible career building opportunities, fantastic atmosphere and endless rewards that Target offers us?

In all seriousness, congratulations. I'm sure it wont be an issue. You are both TMs, there's no unfair treatment or advantage, the only issue that will come up is when it interferes with her ability to work backroom.

Last edited:
What, you don't want your child to have access to the incredible career building opportunities, fantastic atmosphere and endless rewards that Target offers us?

In all seriousness, congratulations. I'm sure it wont be an issue. You are both TMs, there's no unfair treatment or advantage, the only issue that will come up is when it interferes with her ability to work backroom.
She doesn't actually work back room that's just where her workstation is if you want to call it that. I don't want to give away what she does out of fear they will figure out who I am.

I shall now await the day when my child comes home and says "Dad I got a job...at Target...dad...why are you crying? Dad!"

Haha. I'm sure you both will have so many awesome stories for your baby they'll make sure they work hard enough to never work retail ever.

Congrats btw!
Thanks. Once I get my degree I am sure my kid will never have to work retail. But if he had to sorry to say I'd rather him work at Target than anywhere else.

Costco I may allow since I heard they treat their employees a lot better, but I'd be kind of disappointed they didn't follow in my footsteps.

Lol well then Target or Costco can be their first time gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back