Archived Know your codes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all that’s been going on with “Modernization” and the 4th quarter, these new team members aren’t being trained as properly as I’d like to see. I come from a pretty average sized store that had a lot of traffic and they knew all the codes and regularly cared about them and did drills to be sure team members all knew what was expected (all except for code red, a LOD would randomly come up and ask us if we knew where the meet up spot is). But coming into a new store which is the same size, but a lot less guests, I’ve noticed no one really knew what a code yellow actually meant. The GSTL was the one watching the front doors, and she literally went on the walkie to ask “can I allow people to enter the store?” 🤦🏼‍♂️ I wish I was making this up, and I’ve put in a formal complaint but thought I should put it here for others to note this problem in their store.

Code brown
giphy.gif

Case Anton- occupy Vichy France
Case Barbarossa- invasion of the Soviet Union
Case Seelowe- invasion of Britain
Case Rot- invasion of France
Case Grun- invasion of Czechoslovakia
Case Weiss- invasion of Poland

With all that’s been going on with “Modernization” and the 4th quarter, these new team members aren’t being trained as properly as I’d like to see. I come from a pretty average sized store that had a lot of traffic and they knew all the codes and regularly cared about them and did drills to be sure team members all knew what was expected (all except for code red, a LOD would randomly come up and ask us if we knew where the meet up spot is). But coming into a new store which is the same size, but a lot less guests, I’ve noticed no one really knew what a code yellow actually meant. The GSTL was the one watching the front doors, and she literally went on the walkie to ask “can I allow people to enter the store?” 🤦🏼‍♂️ I wish I was making this up, and I’ve put in a formal complaint but thought I should put it here for others to note this problem in their store.

Target cares. Lol. Target cares .... about profits. Most people in upper management would sell your kid to some southeast Asian slave brothel if they could find a way.

Sounds better than my store. My store we’d be watching the cams and next thing the paramedics would roll up. Had to message the ETLs to find out what happened because nobody called it out.

Only LODs and leaders who are trained in emergency situations are the only ones to respond. TMS should continue to work and let the leaders deal with the injury unless the store needs to evacuate.
. To clarify, the lod was explaining the different codes & when they are used.

Tms should not respond to a code green. It is dangerous and embarrassing for the injured person.

Correct, code greens should be handled by leaders and designated first responders who have some form of first aid training.

Code greens and code reds should only be responded to by leadership. If there’s still some sort of active danger you want to minimize casualties. Don’t put yourself in harms way if you can avoid it. (Waits silently for the “calling out because [insert name] is working jokes)

Tms should not respond to a code green. It is dangerous and embarrassing for the injured person.

Well we have called TM's in to block off aisles and facing outwards while paramedics did their thing. It was a new new mom who had a issue with a C-Section opening up, she needed bleeding controlled and just a calm spot to wait. We just had a bunch of TM's just block off the aisle and keep her shielded while a couple of us worked, I don't fear blood unlike the ETL who was about to puke, until the paramedics arrived. It was best to not move her, so we sat in the aisle packed the wound, talked and stayed calm. I still remember the lady saying "Damn it, I just wanted some time to myself, the house is crazy with people."

I have always been trained that any team member that can respond to a code green needs to. When they show up if they are not needed the LOD will dismiss them back to work. First aid training is not necessary to be able to assist (I don’t think there is even a first aid training on workbench for leads). Sometimes someone helping can be as easy as going to get ice for the person or waiting at the door for the paramedics to arrive and walking them to the scene. I closed one night with only one LOD in the building an hour before close and had a code green. More team members responding would have definitely been helpful to that LOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back