Archived Kronos

Status
Not open for further replies.
My HRTM is too lazy... I've asked and been told no.

Coming from an HR perspective, at least in my store, we don’t key in secondary work centers unless the TM is fully 100% trained in the department because when the schedule drops it will use TMS from other departments and give less hours to the people who actually work in said departments.

We’re not being lazy lol

Coming from an HR perspective, at least in my store, we don’t key in secondary work centers unless the TM is fully 100% trained in the department because when the schedule drops it will use TMS from other departments and give less hours to the people who actually work in said departments.

We’re not being lazy lol

I will key anyone basic cashier trained as a secondary work center. Yes it will auto schedule them there when the schedule generates but at my store we delete the crappy schedule that mytime writes anyways.

With some stores getting rid of the swap board I don't think it's fair to deny hardlines and softlines folks the ability to pick up cashier shifts. I think they the same right to pickup cashier shifts. Especially since they backup cashier so often

Reactions: Him
Pros and cons to this app. My store will be getting rid of the swap shift board and going fully Kronos. So pro is you can see "available" shifts online. Con is unless you are keyed in for said workcenter, you can't pick it up. Is this for everyone?

Pros and cons to this app. My store will be getting rid of the swap shift board and going fully Kronos. So pro is you can see "available" shifts online. Con is unless you are keyed in for said workcenter, you can't pick it up. Is this for everyone?
Yep, exactly.

**Update. So I spoke with someone from leadership and HR. Similar to what @HRZone said earlier is what was said as in team members cross-trained in different Workcenters are not "keyed" in unless verified. Apparently that is done to assure primary team members trained for "said" workcenters are allotted those hours first.

I feel like Kronos is going to be a big headache for my store. My Hr says she has accepted a few shifts I have taken the past couple weeks but nothing changed in my schedule. When I asked about them she didnt know what to tell me :/ so I lost out on 8hrs both last week and it looks like this week to. She wont physically change them as they are cashier shifts and they are still tight pursing hours. Definitely not a fan of kronos at this point -_-

Reactions: Him
Yeah I really think all shifts should be made public and then HR can decide if the swap is ok....much like it works on the actual swap board.

The swap shift feature is pretty atrocious, full of bugs that fuck up posting shifts, no notifications for when someone picks up your shift, can't post or accept shifts that are outside of your work center. I'll have to remember to do this survey on Friday.

Branch is only accurate the moment HR uploaded it. One disadvantage to looking at coverage .

The swap shift feature is pretty atrocious, full of bugs that fuck up posting shifts, no notifications for when someone picks up your shift, can't post or accept shifts that are outside of your work center. I'll have to remember to do this survey on Friday.
Branch can notify you when someone picks up your shift, can't posting/accepting shifts outside you work center is maybe an AsaNTs thing as long as your trained??

Branch can notify you when someone picks up your shift, can't posting/accepting shifts outside you work center is maybe an AsaNTs thing as long as your trained??
I'm referring to Kronos, when I've been scheduled a cashier shift or signing shift the program doesn't let me post those shifts up for a swap. Kronos also doesn't give you a notification when a shift has been accepted, you just have to keep checking the posting until you see of someone took it.

Either nobody in my key code uses Kronos, or nobody in the store uses it, because I have not seen a single swap shift posted. Our store seems to still rely on the good ol' paper one. A shame, because a fully-utilized Kronos app would be extremely useful and convenient, but it seems like it has too many built-in drawbacks.

Either nobody in my key code uses Kronos, or nobody in the store uses it, because I have not seen a single swap shift posted. Our store seems to still rely on the good ol' paper one. A shame, because a fully-utilized Kronos app would be extremely useful and convenient, but it seems like it has too many built-in drawbacks.
Same at my store, nobody uses the shift swap feature or I’ve never seen any shifts.. but our paper board in the TSC is always full

I posted a cashier (self checkout) shift last week and Kronos said it was sent to three people. Why? We have a lot more cashiers that are sco trained than that. I don’t care for the app at all.

I'm not a fan, I want the timecard to help me remembr when I'm gong to hit my 5th hire today, not last week's timecard...

Didn't Target buy Branch Messenger? They should just have them work on something that combines the best of both. Walmart employees have their own app.

I'm not a fan, I want the timecard to help me remembr when I'm gong to hit my 5th hire today, not last week's timecard...
You can view either one.

Didn't Target buy Branch Messenger? They should just have them work on something that combines the best of both. Walmart employees have their own app.

You can view either one.
Oooooh. I'd never tried switching the view. We didn't get a great explanation of the features. Put a YOU card on the board at your store from me. It's gonna save my ass at least once a month.

If they don't pick Branch i'm gonna cry. I HATE kronos mobile. the functionality is 95% there, it's just the ugliest, most unintuitive app ever made.

@HRZone how long is that survey up?

I posted a cashier (self checkout) shift last week and Kronos said it was sent to three people. Why? We have a lot more cashiers that are sco trained than that. I don’t care for the app at all.
thats a store issue, HR was supposed to updated everyone's secondary workcenters long ago for this. they want to enforce the rule that only team members that are trained in a department can work it, also when we switched paygrades one of the rules is that no team members in entry level positions can pick up shifts in an expert workcenter. Also kronos itself isnt to blaim, alot of the features like notifications and fingerprint ID are in the app but target has not allowed it to be used. Same as mytime, you would be surprised how many things target is behind on but the app supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back