Archived Kronos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never used the Kronos app. I wrote my own Android app that just scrapes the webdata off of the old scheduling website and feeds it into Google calendar.
can I have that? Alternately, can you code it for Google home so I could feed it into that too. (I don't have the time because most of my days off are me having health issues so its watching TV not being productive like I would like)

thats a store issue, HR was supposed to updated everyone's secondary workcenters long ago for this. they want to enforce the rule that only team members that are trained in a department can work it, also when we switched paygrades one of the rules is that no team members in entry level positions can pick up shifts in an expert workcenter. Also kronos itself isnt to blaim, alot of the features like notifications and fingerprint ID are in the app but target has not allowed it to be used. Same as mytime, you would be surprised how many things target is behind on but the app supports.
WE have a TM that used to be used for coverage in electronics when more than one electronics TM needed time off (either emergency or otherwise) so ETLs are pissed they can't do that anymore. TM is qualified just does a different area.

I have never used the Kronos app. I wrote my own Android app that just scrapes the webdata off of the old scheduling website and feeds it into Google calendar.

Branch actually does this.

HR at our store flat out told us not to use Kronos for swaps. Therefore, I've only used it to see my schedule, timecard, etc. Basic stuff.

It would be nice if we could even log in to the Kronos app. I only know of one person at my store that logs in to view it. Majority of people just get the error notification when trying to log in. "Call CSC".. Target should've properly rolled out an app that doesn't require majority of the store to have to call to get their log in info set up to be compatible with the app.

So we continue to use the swap shift board in TSC and if you want to check your schedule you just look in TSC or log in on the computer

also when we switched paygrades one of the rules is that no team members in entry level positions can pick up shifts in an expert workcenter.
Lol tell that to my HRTM, who usually works 1-2 shifts a week in softlines or beauty.

Lol tell that to my HRTM, who usually works 1-2 shifts a week in softlines or beauty.

Yeah you're not supposed to but most stores ignore that best practice. A cashier in softlines is better than no one in softlines

Yup and the problem is they are threatening to take the swap board out of stores. The argument is it isn't fair to people who aren't working to see what's available.

Some stores have already done this I hope this survey changes minds
The old farts on flow don't all have internet at home. Spot will get sued if they try this...

Yup and the problem is they are threatening to take the swap board out of stores. The argument is it isn't fair to people who aren't working to see what's available.

Wasn't one of the major points on the flyers for the apps that it wasn't mandatory and that the swap board was still available if you chose to not use the app?

Wasn't one of the major points on the flyers for the apps that it wasn't mandatory and that the swap board was still available if you chose to not use the app?

Yep. But it doesn't matter they are not posting any shifts to swap, they are just letting the TM take the off the time and pulling the shift.. No matter what it is.

I would prefer an app to handle swaps and stuff. I've seen other companies use apps and it was way more convenient. The paper method seems very antiquated. The problem is, so does the Kronos app lol. The app feels like something written when AOL was a thing.
The calendar view is literally the same calendar that the original iPhone had 10 years ago.

I would prefer an app to handle swaps and stuff. I've seen other companies use apps and it was way more convenient. The paper method seems very antiquated. The problem is, so does the Kronos app lol. The app feels like something written when AOL was a thing.

You described branch to a tee. Branch's swap shift is so easy to use.

My store got rid of the paper board, but has a tablet with Branch in the TMSC for people to browse for shifts, so there is an in-store option if you don't want to use branch on your own device.

You can’t sue. You say you’re available during a certain time and they schedule you during that time. Shift swap is a courtesy not a legal requirement.
I did mean only allowing access via internet. I fought this same fight in high school. It would be easier to win these days. You can't exclude people with an aop.

They better fucking not. Kronos works for like 2 people in my store, and it's usually wrong for them anyway. Swap shift board for life.

I'm trying to use Branch. Question, is there an easy way to add your shifts? The picture feature just adds a pic I can reference but doesn't add the shifts to the calendar. Do you have to manually add the shifts?

This will be the only drawback.

Picture feature? I'm not sure what that is. On iOS I click the "Coverage" tab then the big green circle with the plus sign in the bottom-right corner and select "Post a new shift" and then enter shift details and "Post".

I wish they were still uploading the schedule to Branch, as that made it easier to post one of your shifts--it filled in everything except "why do you need this shift covered". This way seems a bit more error -prone. Our HR ETL has posted open casher shifts of an hour or half-hour sometimes. Maybe that was intentional, but I kind of doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back