Lack of appreciation for Redcards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all hi, i am a new member of this board (but not Target.)

Target likes to push Redcards, especially my store, and treat people differently based on how much or how little one gets and whether it is bad or good switched from time to time.

but the lack of respect just annoys me, I happened to have a record(so they say) 22 redcards in one day, and in total for the week of Black Friday got almost 100 (had around 85ish) redcards that week which was more than a lot of stores(so they said) making me number one in the district (so they told me.)

This why BYMYSELF. I was myself making all the redcard "requirements" they wanted each shift(each GSTL/GSA shift the goal was for the whole team to get 10, 20 was the goal for the day which was lessened to around 15.)

I got nothing, in fact, i seemed to have lesser of a presence than before I even tried getting them.

During end of the holiday rush until now recently I beat my record with over 30 redcards and still nothing, infact, not even a nod in my general direction. Only one person "seemed" to care, though not sure if serious or not but at least that GSTL took notice and said he would Email our LOD, and it's like nothing happened.

In blackfriday we had to LOD's say that the first to get past 20 in a day would get a TV and Laptop, I was the only one in the raffle of each, both stated they were not the LOD's that said it (hmmm.) and both stated that thew contest would go until july. It is now the 6th of july. No raise, no giftcard of some sort, no thanks you no nothing.

Heck some employees won't even try to get them and rely on me and some GSTL/GSA's seem to not mind people not just not getting redcards the days I am there but barely working as well as I also usually have the highest speeds(which that system is completely random), and I get lots and lots of guests.

and I can't even get cross-training with electronics (I am cashier only btw.)

It seems kind of crappy to me that effort is not appreciated, I still get tops on cards usually but not even close to as much as before, not actually feeling like it because putting up with guests, and I usually get the bad ones, to even get them to look at the pamplet for our cards is hard work and a pain in the ass and the lack of respect bothers me.

Wow, 20 cards in a day? You must have a very receptive redcard market... If our heavy hitter gets 3 in one day shes doing good. Most I saw her get was like 5. Most i've done is 3.

85 redcards on black friday by YOURSELF? Wow.... I think thats more than our store got total.

Anyways REDCard recognition is a joke... Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themself. I only get them because its a job expectation, not because I might get some ****ty prize that i don't care about. But yeah it would be nice if the actual "recognition" we got would be positive instead of "OK GET MORE".

Wow, 20 cards in a day? You must have a very receptive redcard market... If our heavy hitter gets 3 in one day shes doing good. Most I saw her get was like 5. Most i've done is 3.

85 redcards on black friday by YOURSELF? Wow.... I think thats more than our store got total.

Anyways REDCard recognition is a joke... Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themself. I only get them because its a job expectation, not because I might get some ****ty prize that i don't care about. But yeah it would be nice if the actual "recognition" we got would be positive instead of "OK GET MORE".

The Week of Blackfriday not BF by itself. The 7 days, well 6 I worked 6 days that week.

It's more like being beat up, i seem to be getting less and less attention and getting a heavier work load. one GSTL actually did give me a $10 gift card, not sure if she used her own money or not and a shirt, although she has gone to the "GET MORE and not seemeing to give anyone else that push.. but making false promises and treating people like dirt, not saying hi and just walking by and this is a lot of employees not just GSTL.

It's freaking ridiculous I don't even get anything though. One person did somehow reach corporate and I did get a badly rushed wirtten letter in the mail saying "Kathanks for your hard work."

Heck, some people were "removed" because they didn't get too many if at all, I mean over 30 redcards in ONE DAY is the record and that doesn't make any heads tilt? I tried my best to beat my 22ish reccord to see what the response would be doing better than I was trying. Sure it was not 80 in a week, it was like 50, but I got over 30 in one day so..........

and nothing. So it seems rather pointless to treat people oddly and push something that, especially my store, barely if NOT AT ALL, advertises, putting up with some of the worst customers I will have to talk about in this forum, and the whining of higher ups and people the higher ups like that do 50%+ less work and bam. Crap.

Heck, I am not even able to cross-train into electronics, and that's basic, that's not even an award. Also LOD's and HR's should not hold contests then slap them down for the lulz.

Greetings and salutations.

Yea, have to agree with Imerzan, can't tell you how many times I've heard "Congratulations to Suchandsuch for saving a guest five % every day. Come on team we have to get more."
Kinda kills the whole recognition thing.

i'm probably not going to seem very popular when i say this but getting redcards is your core role and you shouldn't get anything for getting them.
Do salesfloor team members get prizes for setting an endcap quickly? for running abandon out fast? getting that callbox before it's too late?

I'm so sick and tired of cashiers thinking that they deserve something big for doing something that is part of their job.

I'm all for recognizing team members for things that they do and having a game or prizes once in awhile but to come to work and expect to get something besides your paycheck for doing your job is just getting out of hand.

We have other stores in the group calling our SrGSTL all the time asking how we get such a high conversion rate...what they are giving the cashiers, etc. She just shrugs her shoulders and says that the cashiers just ask because it's part of their job, and the cards come...and that they don't need to be bribed to do their job.

We usually have a set daily prize for each redcard,in addition to "power hours" where they might offer a free Starbucks or cafe meal for whoever gets one during that hour. During the holidays I think we even gave a CD or (cheap) DVD for power hour prizes. I'm guessing they were requisitioning these for the winners. That sucks that they barely even recognize you for that many redcards. I know it's part of your job but still it can't hurt for them to reward you somewhat for your efforts!

They just congratulate cashiers for every redcard at my store, but they do it on the walkies so the cashiers never actually hear it. Kinda dumb. GSAs/GSTLs do tell us (again, over the walkies) if we're close to the goal and how many are necessary to meet the goal.

Honestly, I think they do deserve some recognition for getting them. It's hard to push those cards when no one even wants to hear about anything to do with a credit card. And when people are interested in the check card, they don't have a check (why would they? it's 2013!) Also, a lot of people that shop at my store already have them. The cashiers clearly have some magical mojo.

Then again, whenever I'm up for backup, I have my "I don't wanna be here" face on, so maybe it's not as hard as I think it is.

Yeah, I always wonder the point of congratulating the cashiers over the walkie (usually the ETL-GE will chime back with a "thank you") but if the cashiers don't hear it, what's the point? Same for harping on the goal every half hour..."let's make sure we're sharing the benefits of the Redcard with each and every guest...." Seriously? The cashiers don't hear it...just as well, so it's just more chatter to block people from doing actual business.

One of our ETLs got a bell or something so the GSA/GSTL could ring it to acknowledge redcards, but none of the GS-- like it so it didn't last.

We have games but it's annoying to me. When I was a cashier, I understood that it was as much a part of my job as handing the guest the receipt with a "Thanks for coming in today." We actually coach cashiers if they don't ask every guest. Yes, that's harsh, but it is part of the job.

I am the fastest caf pusher in my district, sometimes I push the cafs so fast I finish before they are pulled. The LODs (all of them) said I could get a t.v. and an iPad but they didn't follow through on it. I don't get any respect for pushing the pulls so fast. I'm so fast I'm faster than fast. Someone did send me a thank you card but it doesn't count because well I don't know why but it doesn't. Why won't they train me for pricing? Don't they see how fast I push cafs?! ETLs threaten to fire me if I don't work faster than fast. Gotta go, cafs to push. FAST!

I understand that getting REDCards is part of the core roles, but like any other job, if the workers don't feel appreciated they won't be productive. Thats just how it is. Same thing applies to REDCards.

Some stores have different names for that and you may have to explan what you mean.

Uhh, nope. That's a pretty standard term. Prompt = how many times does the POS actually tell you to "Say" the redcard spiel? Your "conversion rate" is a weird formula based on the projected sales for the day, which then throws prompts into transactions based on sales thresholds to try to get the guest to sign up.

Some stores have different names for that and you may have to explain what you mean.

Total prompts or how many guest?

How often does the register tell you to ask the guest about the red card?
Do you as every guest, every other guest, do you have a tell that makes you know that someone will want one and if so what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back