Lack of appreciation for Redcards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debit card takes 4 days to post. Wouldn't recommend that to anyone....lol

Next time you ask a guest if they would like to save 5% and they say yes, pull out the pamphlet and read it to them verbatim. Problem solved.

But seriously, people can ask to read the terms before they agree to anything. When they apply for the card all they are really submitting to is a background check. No one ever makes them use the card. The guest gets the terms and agreement when they sign up. They need to read it. If you want to save 5% on purchases then use the card. Target is just filling a need. People want to live outside their means, target's got a way to do that but it will cost you. If people get too in debt with target then that is their own fault. Yes, if Target had no credit card then that person couldn't be in debt. But what about the number of people who have a REDcard who use it to save money and pay it off every month or make sure to have money in their account to cover the debit charge? Are they such superior humans that debt doesn't affect them, or do they just understand that interest charges are part of using a credit card? Target could be crappy and charge an annual fee for the REDcard. They don't do that.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I just don't understand why people have moral objections to credit cards. Guests and tms alike.

We can't be responsible for our decisions; we have to be protected. That's the American way. No need to think for yourself when Big Brother is there for you. Is that what you want?

At any rate, I wish I could save a measly $5 on every $100 I spend. My mortgage would be only $1370 a month instead of $1450. You think 5% means nothing, until you have that extra 5% in your pocket. I saved over $500 last year at Target. and that's a lot of money at anybody's house. If my grocery store or my son's school had a no-fee debit plan that offered 5% off, I'd jump on it.

Sure.... You save 5%.... And Target saves 10%.

Oh yeah don't forget about Gregg's bonus in there too for all those REDCards!

How does Target save 10%? And don't forget that your salary comes out of Target's profit also. Your pay raises come out of the REDCards, too. If Target doesn't grow, then nobody gets raises. In fact, if Target doesn't grow, nobody has a job. Then we'd all be happier, right?

I just don't get it. If you hate Target so freakin' much, why work there? I know, Imerzan, you left as did a few others.

Sure.... You save 5%.... And Target saves 10%.

Oh yeah don't forget about Gregg's bonus in there too for all those REDCards!

How does Target save 10%? And don't forget that your salary comes out of Target's profit also. Your pay raises come out of the REDCards, too. If Target doesn't grow, then nobody gets raises. In fact, if Target doesn't grow, nobody has a job. Then we'd all be happier, right?

I just don't get it. If you hate Target so freakin' much, why work there? I know, Imerzan, you left as did a few others.

1) our pay does not come from targets profit, labor costs are always subtracted from the gross profit unless you are a shareholder. It is always better to pay a TM less so the share holders can expect more money.

2)Are you really implying that before target came along nobody had jobs? I'm sure the many thousands of people who had to close down their local business because they couldn't compete with targets (or wal mart or kmart) prices would like to have a word with you.

Labor costs are an expense which reduces profit just like any other expense.

I did not imply that before Target nobody had jobs, but are you really saying that those 350,000+ people who work for Target in the US would all have jobs if Target disappeared tomorrow? All those local businesses that you didn't support because the prices were lower and there was a greater selection at Target? Cry me a river. I own a small business which competes directly with Target. I was there before Target and I'm still there. Now think about the sales tax and property tax that Target generates for your community. Why do you suppose cities and towns want a Target? Sure, sometimes there are temporary tax incentives to begin with, but only because those cities and towns know that Target is a cash cow.l

Once again, if you so despise big business, if you so despise Target, quit. Start your own business. Be your own multi-billionaire CEO.

well I'm glad we can agree that there is no incentive to pay employees more.

I did not imply that before Target nobody had jobs, but are you really saying that those 350,000+ people who work for Target in the US would all have jobs if Target disappeared tomorrow? All those local businesses that you didn't support because the prices were lower and there was a greater selection at Target? Cry me a river. I own a small business which competes directly with Target. I was there before Target and I'm still there. Now think about the sales tax and property tax that Target generates for your community. Why do you suppose cities and towns want a Target? Sure, sometimes there are temporary tax incentives to begin with, but only because those cities and towns know that Target is a cash cow.

Yes those 350,000+ plus people would have jobs if target was not around, probably in the manufacturing and local retail before big box stores made it more profitable to buy from china. Profits would also be retained by more local business owners instead of sent back to corporate HQ and wall street share holders. there is at least one state, Vermont that doesn't jump on the big box store band wagon and for good reason all those unemployement claims because your local business went under due to not being able to compete with target prices isn't made up for in target sales taxes.

http://www.ilsr.org/vermont-senate-passes-bigbox-bill/

Once again, if you so despise big business, if you so despise Target, quit. Start your own business. Be your own multi-billionaire CEO.

This is a pretty ignorant thing to say especially if it is directed personally at me so I will assume its not. But how do you expect the average target TM or even ETL to generate the funds to start their own business?

well I'm glad we can agree that there is no incentive to pay employees more.

I did not imply that before Target nobody had jobs, but are you really saying that those 350,000+ people who work for Target in the US would all have jobs if Target disappeared tomorrow? All those local businesses that you didn't support because the prices were lower and there was a greater selection at Target? Cry me a river. I own a small business which competes directly with Target. I was there before Target and I'm still there. Now think about the sales tax and property tax that Target generates for your community. Why do you suppose cities and towns want a Target? Sure, sometimes there are temporary tax incentives to begin with, but only because those cities and towns know that Target is a cash cow.

Yes those 350,000+ plus people would have jobs if target was not around, probably in the manufacturing and local retail before big box stores made it more profitable to buy from china. Profits would also be retained by more local business owners instead of sent back to corporate HQ and wall street share holders. there is at least one state, Vermont that doesn't jump on the big box store band wagon and for good reason all those unemployement claims because your local business went under due to not being able to compete with target prices isn't made up for in target sales taxes.

http://www.ilsr.org/vermont-senate-passes-bigbox-bill/

This is a pretty ignorant thing to say especially if it is directed personally at me so I will assume its not. But how do you expect the average target TM or even ETL to generate the funds to start their own business?

Lots of businesses have been started with very little. The point is that if you cannot afford to start your own business, then you will have to work for someone else. And that comes with a boss or CEO or shareholders or a combination of the three. No company is going to pay you more than the going rate for your level of skill and/or experience. If they do, they won't stay in business very long. Businesses must be profitable in order to survive.

All I'm trying to do is to get some of you to look at the big picture.

Honestly, if Target went under, all of Target's business would have to go elsewhere, so local businesses would probably begin to hire more. Sure it may not be smooth, but I still think a lot of people would find other jobs.

On the schedule hours, ask a tl or Lod on where to go. If they call you take the hours.

Idk what you mean. Its always on the schedule on days I'm scheduled as a cashier. I'm softlines, though. I just don't understand whether or not my abilities as a cashier will hurt me despite not being a cashier.

I rarely take hours when they call me. I typically make plans when the schedule goes up. If I'm free and have enough time to catch the bus, I go if it's for SL.

On the schedule hours, ask a tl or Lod on where to go. If they call you take the hours.

Idk what you mean. Its always on the schedule on days I'm scheduled as a cashier. I'm softlines, though. I just don't understand whether or not my abilities as a cashier will hurt me despite not being a cashier.

I rarely take hours when they call me. I typically make plans when the schedule goes up. If I'm free and have enough time to catch the bus, I go if it's for SL.

Always ask to learn how to do other work centers, more hours for you.

What is it with the snide comments made in private messages? Have you not the courage to post?

I feel ya. Lol just had this happen to me too! I guess it's easy to make nasty comments when you can hide behind a computer screen. And the comments are so obtuse and just mean just for the heck of it. Don't see why people have to be so mean... grow a spine and post it publicly so everyone else can judge you. No?

Most of the time people are insecure when they have to hide like that. I appreciate you calling them out mxrbook ;-)!

I just got called a corporate shill again via Reputation Remarks. Someone needs to increase his vocabulary.

I just got called a corporate shill again via Reputation Remarks. Someone needs to increase his vocabulary.

Have you contacted the mods?

Here's the deal on that.
We can, if we have to, track down people who abuse the Reputation system.
If you are getting obscene and nasty messages let us know.
I'd like to think that would be an aberration.
I'm hoping anybody else would realize that using it to be obnoxious is a kids game and knock it the f uck off.

Last edited:
I think that now is a great place to stop this thread.
What started out as a concern for lack of appreciation for getting Redcards has become a nasty thread that is bashing the company and bashing others.

After this post I will not come back to this thread....I'd like to think that after others read this, they'll stop, too.

I think that now is a great place to stop this thread.
What started out as a concern for lack of appreciation for getting Redcards has become a nasty thread that is bashing the company and bashing others.

After this post I will not come back to this thread....I'd like to think that after others read this, they'll stop, too.

Agreed. I'm sick of seeing this thread, and hope mxr and rir will kindly stop bumping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back