Ladderless Backroom?

I hate 12 ft ladders . Feels so scary to climb it . Our cereal aisle has one . We purged and did some different alignments of wacos for our backroom aisles . Only the cereal, baking and chips section have the need to use ladders for now .

I hate 12 ft ladders . Feels so scary to climb it . Our cereal aisle has one . We purged and did some different alignments of wacos for our backroom aisles . Only the cereal, baking and chips section have the need to use ladders for now .
Our store puts a lot of domestics and storage up high.

One our 12 foot ladders was replaced recently and replaced it with another just as tall.

10 foot ladder would have be fine.

Part of the problem with the 12 foot ladders is the base are so wide that they are hard to maneuver.

Don't know how that's possible now that we've gone back to having case packs up high. My back room space was almost always ladderless and caseless until the recent makeover. Losing shelves down low has not helped me in the least.

Adding those moving walls destroyed our backroom efficiency. We have a busy store and a tiny backroom. All the busiest backroom aisles are in the same moveable group, so only one person can work at a time. We stand and wait turns. Extra time is spent because ladders have to be moved, and walls have to be cranked. All that constant cranking breaks the mechanisms periodically. And we did not gain any space, since we aren't allowed to use the top shelves. Our most practical & efficient ETL left for another store because of the disaster it created.

Adding those moving walls destroyed our backroom efficiency. We have a busy store and a tiny backroom. All the busiest backroom aisles are in the same moveable group, so only one person can work at a time. We stand and wait turns. Extra time is spent because ladders have to be moved, and walls have to be cranked. All that constant cranking breaks the mechanisms periodically. And we did not gain any space, since we aren't allowed to use the top shelves. Our most practical & efficient ETL left for another store because of the disaster it created.
I always thought a long-term Target ETL left last year before the remodel because he knew if what was going to be a disaster.

We have stockroom up front and behind guest that has racks to the ceiling but no ladder just a step stool.

I feel like whoever marketed these moveable shelves is in a sexual relationship with somebody important at Target, because they were very eager to fuck us with these. Also we kinda need the giant ladders because of all the big awkward/heavy stuff that is up high, despite the plans to stop doing that crap.

I feel like whoever marketed these moveable shelves is in a sexual relationship with somebody important at Target, because they were very eager to fuck us with these. Also we kinda need the giant ladders because of all the big awkward/heavy stuff that is up high, despite the plans to stop doing that crap.

big awkward/heavy stuff is up high

That is just stupid and I told my TL if my fellow TM keeps doing this I will Origami risk it.

I was just showing some newer TMs the green/yellow/red tape they put on racks for when we went "ladderless" which was never happened because we have movable walls now.

This was after I helped them clean up a big jug of detergent that was dropped when it stored super high.

Last edited:
Back