Archived Last Paycheck?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently quit/ was fired from a cashier position. I’m not sure which. (Let me explain). I was a few minutes late two days in a row due to dealing with a car accident and then dealing with rental crap earlier. I got chewed out pretty hard for being late twice, and on the morning of my next scheduled shift I had a medical emergency. I passed out while walking to my car at like 7:50am and my shift started at 8:00am. I tried to call from the doctor’s office when I woke up, and my store didn’t even answer. (Called operator and asked to speak to supervisor. I sat on hold twice, for 20 minutes each time.) I realized that they weren’t gonna answer, and since it was my first 90 days I was probably gonna be fired for a NCNS, so I gave up and resigned myself to quitting. I pretty much ghosted them, (I know, bad, but the manager was downright mean anyways). I went in on payday to pick up my check and was told that if I quit, it would be mailed to me. Week later, no mail. I think it’s possible it got sent to the wrong address, or possible they never even sent it.

What should I do? I’ve tried calling the store and they either don’t answer or I wait on hold for so long it’s a massively waste of time. Is there a corporate number or HR thing I can use to get my check? They never gave me any way to login to eHR or a way to view previous checks online, and I’m so overwhelmed. It’s also really difficult for me to travel to the store in person because of the medical issues getting so bad. PLEASE HELP!!!

You were basically termed for job abandonment plus you were under your 90 days.
Your best bet is to call the number below if you are unable to contact anyone from your store:
Team member services center(tmsc) - 800-394-1885

I recently quit/ was fired from a cashier position. I’m not sure which. (Let me explain). I was a few minutes late two days in a row due to dealing with a car accident and then dealing with rental crap earlier. I got chewed out pretty hard for being late twice, and on the morning of my next scheduled shift I had a medical emergency. I passed out while walking to my car at like 7:50am and my shift started at 8:00am. I tried to call from the doctor’s office when I woke up, and my store didn’t even answer. (Called operator and asked to speak to supervisor. I sat on hold twice, for 20 minutes each time.) I realized that they weren’t gonna answer, and since it was my first 90 days I was probably gonna be fired for a NCNS, so I gave up and resigned myself to quitting. I pretty much ghosted them, (I know, bad, but the manager was downright mean anyways). I went in on payday to pick up my check and was told that if I quit, it would be mailed to me. Week later, no mail. I think it’s possible it got sent to the wrong address, or possible they never even sent it.

What should I do? I’ve tried calling the store and they either don’t answer or I wait on hold for so long it’s a massively waste of time. Is there a corporate number or HR thing I can use to get my check? They never gave me any way to login to eHR or a way to view previous checks online, and I’m so overwhelmed. It’s also really difficult for me to travel to the store in person because of the medical issues getting so bad. PLEASE HELP!!!
You probably wont get the check. Which should be ok. Cause from the looks of it you dont need it right?
Like why keep a steady job and a paycheck. So yeah just forget about it ,since you dont need it anyway.

P.S . call the number, or whatever.

You probably wont get the check. Which should be ok. Cause from the looks of it you dont need it right?
Like why keep a steady job and a paycheck. So yeah just forget about it ,since you dont need it anyway.

P.S . call the number, or whatever.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? I didn’t show up because I was in the hospital, and I’ve been dealing with an extremely painful and debilitating issue. It’s also very illegal to not pay a last check. I obviously need a check if I’m paying for MEDICAL BILLS. Can you read, or is that something you struggle with?

You were basically termed for job abandonment plus you were under your 90 days.
Your best bet is to call the number below if you are unable to contact anyone from your store:
Team member services center(tmsc) - 800-394-1885

Thank you! I’ve been trying to find a number online and haven’t been sure which one to select. Target seems like a good company but my store I worked at is extremely unorganized and stressful to contact! Thanks for a point in a direction! :)

To relate, my first week of work after leaving Spot back in November, (I recently returned in June of this year after deciding it would work better with my schedule), I got extremely sick and had a doctor’s note to be out for a week. It was my first official day of training for my new role and it honestly sucked to have to postpone my first day there, but I got in touch with the Assistant Manager and got things worked out. The bad thing is there is no communication for you. There’s no way for them to know why you stopped showing up, and it truly would be considered job abandonment. It is worth calling the TMSC number to have them reach out to someone from you old store as mentioned early, but if you can at least get an operator to take a message (former full-time operator here, before the modernization), you might have a chance of being able to verify, but I don’t know exactly what they’ll be able to check on. But anyway, worth a shot. ETA: Checks are distributed at the FR at my store which is why I mention operators.

Thank you for the reply, that’s definitely a good idea! I’m moving back home because the issues have gotten bad, (I’m a college student in a different city) so I’m trying to get the check while I’m still in the same city so it’s easier. I’ll definitely try the TMSC operator. Is there a specific department/ person I should ask for? I’ve never called them before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back